"TITAN" from blizzard delyated till 2016.

We'll have flying cars by then and then there'll be no point

There's a ton of REALLY good mmos coming out in about .5-2 years (maybe later this year). Elder scrolls online, blade & soul, archeage, black desert, monster hunter online, bless, pathfinder online. Those are just the ones I have my eye on, there's tons more!

Not waiting for TITAN

I'm going to be brutally honest, but the only one I've heard of out of all of those is Elder Scrolls, and from what we've seen, it looks meh at best (doesn't mean thing can't change though). :(

Also you forgot to include FF14, the new game they're putting out looks incredible.

They probably were developing TITAN to be cross platform with the xbox360/ps3/pc, but now with new gen consoles, they need to start over.

Not sticking up for Blizzard, but they are in a very good position here to be able to scrap, or totally rework their new game, and take several more years before release. Most game companies could never afford to do this, they would just say, oh sh!t, oh well, just release it anyways on schedule, we'll patch it later see if we can fix it after release. And we'd get another WarHammer Online, or SW;ToR :rolleyes:

Also, WoW is a HUGE success for Blizzard even with their numbers down, and looking doom and gloom, remember this, they still have 8 million active subs, quick math @ $15/month = $120 million/Month :eek: x 12 months = $1.4 billion/Year :eek::eek: Now I know those numbers are not rock solid accurate, I am sure real world is much less, and have to take into effect the costs to cover everything, etc... But still, they making BIG FUCKING MONEY OFF WOW, 9 years later.

I am sure Blizzard is in no hurry to retire WoW with their next big MMO game quite yet. Maybe afraid to rock the boat, and want to keep the cash cow going for a few more years, with no competition from themselves.

Not sticking up for Blizzard, but they are in a very good position here to be able to scrap, or totally rework their new game, and take several more years before release. Most game companies could never afford to do this, they would just say, oh sh!t, oh well, just release it anyways on schedule, we'll patch it later see if we can fix it after release. And we'd get another WarHammer Online, or SW;ToR :rolleyes:

Also, WoW is a HUGE success for Blizzard even with their numbers down, and looking doom and gloom, remember this, they still have 8 million active subs, quick math @ $15/month = $120 million/Month :eek: x 12 months = $1.4 billion/Year :eek::eek: Now I know those numbers are not rock solid accurate, I am sure real world is much less, and have to take into effect the costs to cover everything, etc... But still, they making BIG FUCKING MONEY OFF WOW, 9 years later.

I am sure Blizzard is in no hurry to retire WoW with their next big MMO game quite yet. Maybe afraid to rock the boat, and want to keep the cash cow going for a few more years, with no competition from themselves.

They're in a similar position like Valve. While it makes consumers agitated and itching to play stuff (possibly a by-product of this, a good thing to the company as it gathers followers), they really don't have to release shit...they want to take their time, and they will.

i personally feel they think wildstar is a threat. so instead of releasing same time frame as wildstar. let them have a year or 2 to themselves. from the little i read on titan it didn't seem interesting to be honest.

i personally feel they think wildstar is a threat. so instead of releasing same time frame as wildstar. let them have a year or 2 to themselves. from the little i read on titan it didn't seem interesting to be honest.

Wildstar ? Sorry out of the loop, what game is that ?

1. Blizzard is not concerned with Wildstar
2. Titan is probably being developed by less than 15-20 people at most. Core engineers and some minor artists at best. There is nothing to read about, the game is in its infant stage of development.

2. Titan is probably being developed by less than 15-20 people at most. Core engineers and some minor artists at best. There is nothing to read about, the game is in its infant stage of development.

Agree on Wildstar being non threat.

"Titan" was said to have been in the infant stage years ago, I remember reading that Blizzard said they were just beginning early concept ideas and very early rough development on "Titan" after the first WoW expansion TBC, way back in like 2007. Original rumors back then called out a 2012 release, with most saying 2013 realistic, and later on most started expecting a 2014 date as being pretty solid. So there must have been a big shake up, major redesign going on now, if it's now a 2016/2017 release.

I want another MMO with some actual depth to the mechanics, ala WoW in vanilla/TBC. They've dumbed the game down far too much now imo and unless they go back to catering to that crowd, which I don't think they will, I'm just not that interested.

With "Titan" now several years off, do you think that will help WoW at all ? maybe bigger changes in store, than originally planned ? Like character models finally be worked on, or an updated game engine to the graphics ?

2016?
2016?
Really, 2016?

Well, fuck. Nobody is going to give a fuck.

Well to be fair. A lot of people are on permanent sub with significant discounts. A lot of players are in China and pay half or less the $15 a month mark.

2016?
2016?
Really, 2016?

Well, fuck. Nobody is going to give a fuck.

If they said nothing at all, then nobody would be bitching. Perhaps it's better for them to not say anything, as the majority of 'gamers' are little whiny bitches that love to rant about anything.

:eek:

its pretty common knowledge that they have had a team of 75-100 developers on the project for an extended amount of time.

i agree with point 1

what the fuck is a wildstar

if you havent seen or heard of wildstar i suggest you check it out.

looks promising. ( no game will ever have wow's sucess again) but i see this game thriving.

Back