"TITAN" from blizzard delyated till 2016.

You got so excited about this that "delayed" just didn't come out right, huh?

By 2016 MMOs will be dead as people just don't have the time/desire to immerse themselves into an environment full of jerks.

maybe it wasn't cartoony enough or not running well on five-year-old computers.

they thought they had a "dream team" - such a naive thought. shit happens, and a lot of times it happens because it's at the right time and at the right place.

After Diablo 3 I'm of the opinion that Blizzard isn't worth the wait anymore.

After Diablo 3 I'm of the opinion that Blizzard isn't worth the wait anymore.

me too... that and their ridiculously over-hyped rts that is like the same old shit as command & conquer (all be it with dedicated support). there is a part of the human being that yearns to be a vegetable; it is this trait within us that blizzard learned to cater to and profit from (look at the people playing wow for years, doing the same fucking thing (half the streamers on twitch are doing something else half the time) - look at the people doing diablo 3, over and over again on the same tired levels with the same mechanics - excited about some ring, shoe, or something).

Last edited:
By 2016 MMOs will be dead as people just don't have the time/desire to immerse themselves into an environment full of jerks.
MMOs have been around for decades, I don't see that changing. If anything, the average person wants more social elements in their games.

I think MMOs will live but like 90% or more of them will be F2P with microtransactions. Outside of WoW and maybe EVE, subscription MMOs just aren't doing that well.

Everquest 3!

If you only understood how completely fucking horrible the EQ2 team is, I don't think you'd have any faith at all in EQ3. All they are doing in EQ2 is trying to milk every last penny out of crafters/house decorators while letting the rest of the game go to waste.

Does this mean, Blizzard can spare a few developers, and update the fucking character models in WoW already :rolleyes:

Maybe launch a whole new WoW game engine in 2014 ?

looks like they didnt like the direction it was heading. guess they will have to squeeze a few more expansions out of wow.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/28/b...mo-until-2016-resets-whole-project-exclusive/

Well just wait.. with Jay Wilson now apart of the development team he'll slap a few AH/RMAH's in their and turn the entire MMO into "buy" to advance structured version of D3 except with less reason to play the end game!

Overall Jay needs about a solid 3 years to take a large enough shit on a project at Blizzard to destroy it overall.

Good thing they delayed it in time for that!

All they are doing in EQ2 is trying to milk every last penny out of crafters/house decorators while letting the rest of the game go to waste.

That actually worked so well in generating profits that a different company spun off an entire new game which is geared toward crafters/house decorators. Wildstar will make your head spin when it comes to creating just the right home. There's tons of money to be made.

They probably realized they needed 2 more years to fix the Diablo 3 auction house.

22287293.jpg

Ever since Activision bought them you mean.

Activision never bought them.

Blizzard has changed hands several times since then: Davidson was acquired along with Sierra On-Line by a company called CUC International in 1996; CUC then merged with a hotel, real-estate, and car-rental franchiser called HFS Corporation to form Cendant in 1997. In 1998 it became apparent that CUC had engaged in accounting fraud for years before the merger; Cendant's stock lost 80% of its value over the next six months in the ensuing widely discussed accounting scandal. The company sold its consumer software operations, Sierra On-line which included Blizzard, to French publisher Havas in 1998, the same year Havas was purchased by Vivendi. Blizzard was part of the Vivendi Games group of Vivendi. In July 2008 Vivendi Games merged with Activision, using Blizzard's name in the resulting company, Activision Blizzard.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_Entertainment#History

Did they let Jay look at it ?

That will F it up more than anything.
And they say the success of D3 is directly related that that genus?

oh wait success = decieving customers that wanted D2.5

I wonder what made them decided that it's worth scrapping everything and go back to the drawing block.

Though I guess with the money they are still making from WoW, they are in no hurry for a new MMO.

If it ever comes out, great. Until then I'm not going to expectantly hold my breath. I'll probably forget out it until 2015 and be pleasantly surprised.

Good, gives them more time to really work on it. Delays are great, and hopefully they'll bring out some more creative ideas with this new turnaround. One can hope.

Good, gives them more time to really work on it. Delays are great, and hopefully they'll bring out some more creative ideas with this new turnaround. One can hope.

When Jay got on the DIII project they did a complete scrap and look how that has that turned out. I will not hold my breath.

Last edited:
JAY WILSON........DIABLO 3
they did a scrap alright to bad they scrapped the wrong one

I said this last year when my source told me that first and foremost the teams that were working on Titan didn't even know what game they were working on. The first team to get access behind the "the door" (keycarded area in a section of the Blizzard building that nobody either knew about or had access to, but a select few) were the framework architects, then software engineering team. It was like 15 guys solely working on the framework for 'a game' they knew nothing about.

There had been zero art assets created for 'the game' for over a year while the framework team pushed forward developing the underlaying framework for a game that had to meet specific needs. After about 1 year of framwork creation the first art teams were allowed in and the game got its first glimpse of life. What is it? Not entirely a new IP like Blizzard is pretending, but rather my source told me it was a spinoff of an existing franchise in some kind of way.

Regardless my understanding is that the art teams have been working on Titan now for awhile, but the entire project as a whole wasn't even remotely set to release until late 2015. Like Christmas 2015. So you guys need to understand that Blizzard pushing Titan back to 2016 means very little. Are they scrapping the entire game and starting over?

Nope.

They might scrape the entire premise, idea or art for the game but the underlaying framework is still there for something to sit atop. So they might be set back a year or so is my guess, at worst. Ultimately, this delay shouldn't come as as shock to anyone, Blizzard works on their own time and anyone expecting that this game was going to see the light of day in the next year was dreaming anyways.

Lastly, don't be surprised if this gets out in 2017. No joke.

You got so excited about this that "delayed" just didn't come out right, huh?

Check your facts, MMO's are a $13 Billion industry.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/15/mmo-infographic/

I said this last year when my source told me that first and foremost the teams that were working on Titan didn't even know what game they were working on. The first team to get access behind the "the door" (keycarded area in a section of the Blizzard building that nobody either knew about or had access to, but a select few) were the framework architects, then software engineering team. It was like 15 guys solely working on the framework for 'a game' they knew nothing about.

There had been zero art assets created for 'the game' for over a year while the framework team pushed forward developing the underlaying framework for a game that had to meet specific needs. After about 1 year of framwork creation the first art teams were allowed in and the game got its first glimpse of life. What is it? Not entirely a new IP like Blizzard is pretending, but rather my source told me it was a spinoff of an existing franchise in some kind of way.

Regardless my understanding is that the art teams have been working on Titan now for awhile, but the entire project as a whole wasn't even remotely set to release until late 2015. Like Christmas 2015. So you guys need to understand that Blizzard pushing Titan back to 2016 means very little. Are they scrapping the entire game and starting over?

Nope.

They might scrape the entire premise, idea or art for the game but the underlaying framework is still there for something to sit atop. So they might be set back a year or so is my guess, at worst. Ultimately, this delay shouldn't come as as shock to anyone, Blizzard works on their own time and anyone expecting that this game was going to see the light of day in the next year was dreaming anyways.

Lastly, don't be surprised if this gets out in 2017. No joke.

Check your facts, MMO's are a $13 Billion industry.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/15/mmo-infographic/

Very interesting information from your source. It almost seems logical, why would a team scrap the framework and underlying code, it doesn't make sense. I don't think anyone really thought of that being scrapped, rather the GENERAL idea/art/story. I'm sure it's still underway regardless of anything being scrapped/shelved/moved temporarily.

Blizzard at this point is NOTHING like who they were in the 90s. I couldnt care less.

Blizzard at this point is NOTHING like who they were in the 90s. I couldnt care less.

Yup. After $180 dollar Starcraft and Debacle 3, I could care less. It used to be that Blizzard and Valve worked on their own ridiculous time frames, but could always be depended on for a quality game at the end. No longer with Blizzard, and I'm not sure that Valve even makes games anymore.

me too... that and their ridiculously over-hyped rts that is like the same old shit as command & conquer (all be it with dedicated support). there is a part of the human being that yearns to be a vegetable; it is this trait within us that blizzard learned to cater to and profit from (look at the people playing wow for years, doing the same fucking thing (half the streamers on twitch are doing something else half the time) - look at the people doing diablo 3, over and over again on the same tired levels with the same mechanics - excited about some ring, shoe, or something).

How exactly is this different from any video game? You just summed up video games in general, gj!

the fuck is titan? i haven't played any blizzard games, so i couldn't care less.

the fuck is titan? i haven't played any blizzard games, so i couldn't care less.

Thanks for the input. You've never played ANY blizzard game? What did you do in the 90's and 2000's then? Not really easily missed games.

There's a ton of REALLY good mmos coming out in about .5-2 years (maybe later this year). Elder scrolls online, blade & soul, archeage, black desert, monster hunter online, bless, pathfinder online. Those are just the ones I have my eye on, there's tons more!

Not waiting for TITAN

Back