Tim Cook Heads to Valve

Sounds like a rumor where someone unnamed thinks they may have seen someone resembling Tim Cook at Valve HQ. Isn't Tim Cook a fairly non-descriptive, generic-looking dude?

In any case, I don't know how Valve and Apple would work together. Apple seems to be a control freak as far as its platform, with regards to who's allowed to sell things to its customers and how. Whereas with Microsoft, it's more like "benign neglect" where they keep their mitts off for the most part beyond their epic fail attempts with Windows Live.

Apple has bought Valve/Steam. Steam will now be incorporated into the Apple store. This was done in an effort to help Gabe Fatty concentrate on Half Life 3, which is now a Mac exclusive.

Apple has bought Valve/Steam. Steam will now be incorporated into the Apple store. This was done in an effort to help Gabe Fatty concentrate on Half Life 3, which is now a Mac exclusive.

1_I_Dont_Want_to_Live_on_This_Planet_Anymore-s500x282-295658-580.jpg

lol @ all the winfags in here.

In any case, I don't know how Valve and Apple would work together

I do.

"According to Develop, 'PC games giant Valve wants to "invent whole new gaming experiences" and is looking for people to help create new hardware, the Washington studio has confirmed. Off the back of a wave of speculation that the studio is building its own games console – a rumour which Valve has not specifically denied – the company now appears to be increasing capacity of its hardware development division.'"

I do.

"According to Develop, 'PC games giant Valve wants to "invent whole new gaming experiences" and is looking for people to help create new hardware, the Washington studio has confirmed. Off the back of a wave of speculation that the studio is building its own games console – a rumour which Valve has not specifically denied – the company now appears to be increasing capacity of its hardware development division.'"

An Apple-based console would be very interesting indeed.

iGame, powered by Steam.

7/8th's of the performance of competing game consoles, 3x the price! And it sure looks purdy!

Apple is again flirting with gaming curiosity and again it likely won't come to any kind of real world application.

If it , by some act of Satan actually does then ..God help us all.

I do.

So following Apples SOP, the new console will have the following "features"

1) 3/4 processing power and 1/2 the graphical power of a xbox 360.
2) Priced 3x higher then an xbox360, justified because of its aluminum body.
3) Have a very basic interface so those with more money then brains can use it. Without getting confused.
4) Be "magical."

Games on a crapple? :confused:

They've done a console before. It failed miserably. Their consumers/target/usual audience isn't really "proper gamers" is it. There is a mac section on steam. It is a joke.

lets hope it's not apple wanting to "build" that steam box. instead if it's them trying to push for iphone games.. fine so be it lol

So much apple butthurt on here its comical.... Did Steve jobs fuck ya'lls mothers or something...

Go back to your moms basement the gaming industry has passed you buy.

This is probably a way to partner up for the steam box... Will be huge and the [H] meltdown will be of great entertainment.

So much apple butthurt on here its comical.... Did Steve jobs fuck ya'lls mothers or something...

Go back to your moms basement the gaming industry has passed you buy.

This is probably a way to partner up for the steam box... Will be huge and the [H] meltdown will be of great entertainment.

All valid arguments.

:rolleyes:

It's been there for 2 years!

Would be unlikely, as they don't even build their own stuff. Would be paying someone to pay someone to make something. :p

that is true... so we'd be paying more to pay someone to pay someone to make something then paysomeone to put an apple badge on it too.. ;)

I'm pretty sure if Tim Cook did stop at Valve HQ it was for something regarding iphone gaming. I have no interest in mobile gaming, never have never will.

He had to have paid money for this.
Or offered free games or something.

This picture is just wrong. Those girls were drugged.:eek:

It's a known (and old) fake pic. If I wasn't at work I'd have links as proof.

Nothing to actually distinguish themselves from the competition besides the massive proportion of the budget spent on chummy marketing. Which, oddly enough, results in the same blinkered fanboyism as you see with Apple fans.

I'm especially enlightened by the idea that because someone doesn't like apple, the gaming industry has passed them by. I was un-aware of the hardcore, advanced gaming available on apple devices.

You're just not aware of the Appleness!

Nothing to actually distinguish themselves from the competition besides the massive proportion of the budget spent on chummy marketing. Which, oddly enough, results in the same blinkered fanboyism as you see with Apple fans.

I have no opinion on their computers since that last one I used for any length of time was one of the early iMacs way back in high school, but their mobile devices are very good and for what they offer are priced close to the competition. There is also something to be said for iOS's closed system design that allows Apple to keep tight control on it's updates and hardware preventing the fragmentation issue that does occasionally pop up with Android devices.

if it's them trying to push for iphone games.. fine so be it lol

I'm guessing it's this. Apple probably wants Valve to join EA and Epic and start building games for iOS. Apple's expected to release a redesigned iPod Touch this year. Wouldn't be surprised if they're planning to push mobile gaming ever harder than they usually do at mobile product launches.

I'm especially enlightened by the idea that because someone doesn't like apple, the gaming industry has passed them by. I was un-aware of the hardcore, advanced gaming available on apple devices.

It's not disliking it's the pure hatred for a company that actually makes solid products. You are blinded by butthurt and only because my grandmother can use an iPhone it is not hardcore enough for you...so the only logical thing to do is hate hate hate.

You cling to a company like valve because like apple fanboism you sucked up all the bullshit they feed you just the same... Only because thy lie to you about actually caring about what small percentage of the market you make up.

It is comical... And if they announce a partnership this place my explode.

It's not disliking it's the pure hatred for a company that actually makes solid products. You are blinded by butthurt and only because my grandmother can use an iPhone it is not hardcore enough for you...so the only logical thing to do is hate hate hate.

You cling to a company like valve because like apple fanboism you sucked up all the bullshit they feed you just the same... Only because thy lie to you about actually caring about what small percentage of the market you make up.

It is comical... And if they announce a partnership this place my explode.

Agreed!!:eek::D

Back