What I do is use these compounds
I put compound 1 on the thermal pad, remove it with a Q-tip . then after its removed put Compound 2 , and then wipe it again with Q-tip .
While applying new compound, i put a little bit on the the heatspreader, and spread it with my finger wrapped in polythene( i have tried the credit card spreading method, doesn't work on those tiny GPU's ) . Then put the heatsink on it .
Anything I'm doing something wrong ? Maybe Q-tip leaves some cotton theads on there ?
Also if the previous thermal compound or these liquids go on the area around the GPU, is it game over for the card ?
Forgot to mention , Using MX-2 .
I put compound 1 on the thermal pad, remove it with a Q-tip . then after its removed put Compound 2 , and then wipe it again with Q-tip .
While applying new compound, i put a little bit on the the heatspreader, and spread it with my finger wrapped in polythene( i have tried the credit card spreading method, doesn't work on those tiny GPU's ) . Then put the heatsink on it .
Anything I'm doing something wrong ? Maybe Q-tip leaves some cotton theads on there ?
Also if the previous thermal compound or these liquids go on the area around the GPU, is it game over for the card ?
Forgot to mention , Using MX-2 .