Tigerdirect has e6600 (all conroes) in stock!

im really starting to get tired of waiting :mad:. btw, tiger direct is definitely not run by trained monkeys. theyre trained cows lol :D.

live2sk8 said:
Should be coming around next Tuesday, standard UPS ground. Woot.
My 6600 should be here around the same time, maybe sooner if it's coming from the IL warehouse. Woot woot.

Im confused, Ive talked to tiger 4 times today and each time I was told that they are not in stock. Who do I have to blow to get a conroe around here???

The E6600 and E6700 aren't in stock, but the 63 and 6400 are apparently.

My order had said "Sent to carrier" now it's back to "Processing"...bah.

Ok I'm starting to worry...ordered around 2:20 and it went to "sent to carrier" but has been "in process" for a while now.

How long does TD normally take to ship? I guess they have certain pickup times for UPS and I'll be in the next one?

I'm ordering a E6300 via phone as I type this, the CSR said they do still have them in stock ready to ship (today!) as of now. :D Should receive by monday :D

live2sk8 said:
Ok I'm starting to worry...ordered around 2:20 and it went to "sent to carrier" but has been "in process" for a while now.

How long does TD normally take to ship? I guess they have certain pickup times for UPS and I'll be in the next one?
better call and make sure.

whrswoldo said:
I'm ordering a E6300 via phone as I type this, the CSR said they do still have them in stock ready to ship (today!) as of now. :D Should receive by monday :D
The reports coming out of TD are 180 degrees different. Some people have tracking numbers and have the reps saying what you did, other people can't get their order to go through and the reps say they don't have stock yet.

Lich said:
better call and make sure.
Just did and he said "it's in the warehouse, will ship today"...

Honestly the two reps I have gotten sound like they just check the same website thing we can check ourselves. I placed my order over the phone as well with the rep assuring me it would ship today...

Oh well, if it doesn't ship today and we conclude they don't really have stock or aren't shipping until the 7th, I'll just cancel with TD and go with ZZF or ClubIT.

Woooooooooooooot! Just got my tracking number, placed the order just over 2 hours ago over the phone. I was skeptical when he assured me it would ship today, but sure enough, I'll have an E6300 coming around next Tuesday.

I know its OEM and only has the 1-year warranty, but not a big deal since I have a Scythe Mine HSF w/ a 120mm Silverstone fan all set and ready for the proc.

tigerdirect.jpg

I got a UPS shipping number with mine. When I called I asked if they were in the warehouse and he said "No, the warehouse is out of st--..Actually, yes, your order will be shipped out today"

Haha I wonder if TD could get in trouble with Intel for this...it seems no one else is shipping them out until the 7th, but a tracking number pretty much confirms they are.

Of course, if they are really run by [un?]trained monkeys, we'll all probably end up with Celeron D's or something :p

live2sk8 said:
Woooooooooooooot! Just got my tracking number, placed the order just over 2 hours ago over the phone. I was skeptical when he assured me it would ship today, but sure enough, I'll have an E6300 coming around next Tuesday.

[PICTURE]

That's reassuring for me ;)

I've never been much of an "early adopter" but damn just couldn't resist :D Good luck to everyone else odering today!

Just to confuse things a little further...
I just got off the phone with TigerDirect (4:54 ET) and they said that they don't have the 6600 in stock.
"Not in the system."

Why do I care so much?
Is it like my Half-Life 2 and Lightwave rendering stuff is going to be so much fun i can't wait a week? Not really.
It's that "build-a-new-system" mania that makes it fun.
The little shiny screws, the smell of fresh plastic gizmos.

We need a support group all right but it's not tech support I'm talking about.
"Hi, I'm Ken. I have a computer system building addiction."
<In unison> "Hi Ken!"

Poncho said:
Dude... do you even know what an "ES" chip is or do you just want one because that is what your uber 1337 haX0r buddies are using? LOL
whahahahhah
sorrry i found this funny.hehe. Thanks that brought a smile..Crap gotta go back to work.

Woot! My tracking information jsut got updated...they are shipping from the Illinois warehouse, scheduled delivery of 7/31/2006 here in Maryland with standard UPS Ground.

Can't wait!!!

live2sk8 said:
Woot! My tracking information jsut got updated...they are shipping from the Illinois warehouse, scheduled delivery of 7/31/2006 here in Maryland with standard UPS Ground.

Can't wait!!!

TD gave me a UPS tracking number but UPS website is still showing "Billing information received". I hope that it gets shipped/scanned later tonight and is not lying in the TD warehouse overnight :(

grr i would order the e6600 from TD now but I dont think they will be shipping anymore out until the 7th? I could deal with OEM I would just have to buy some aftermarket cooler.

Man I wish someone would have the chip before the 7th...I go on vacation the 10th!!!

Chris583 said:
grr i would order the e6600 from TD now but I dont think they will be shipping anymore out until the 7th? I could deal with OEM I would just have to buy some aftermarket cooler.

Man I wish someone would have the chip before the 7th...I go on vacation the 10th!!!
I'm glad it worked out the way it did...no way I was going to use the stock cooler on this baby

ruffz said:
lucky sod :p I got the feeling that my mobo won't be here by monday anyways...I'll have this pretty processor to play with though

I've been out of the loop for a while, still going on my 2500+ Athlon XP Oced to 3000+. If I plan to buy a better heatsink for a Conroe, then would that mean there's no reason not to get a OEM since I won't need the stock heatsink, or are there any other consequences for getting OEM, like overclockability and warranty and such?

TimothyB said:
I've been out of the loop for a while, still going on my 2500+ Athlon XP Oced to 3000+. If I plan to buy a better heatsink for a Conroe, then would that mean there's no reason not to get a OEM since I won't need the stock heatsink, or are there any other consequences for getting OEM, like overclockability and warranty and such?

Someone in a thread somewhere, possibly this one (too lazy to check :/ ) stated that the OEM carries a 1 year warranty, while boxed versions carry a 3 year one. That's a rather important difference imo.

ToastMaster said:
Someone in a thread somewhere, possibly this one (too lazy to check :/ ) stated that the OEM carries a 1 year warranty, while boxed versions carry a 3 year one. That's a rather important difference imo.
Yeah it's only a 1-year warranty on OEM chips, but if you are overclocking, who cares?

yeah i am waiting a few months before i even think of ordernig a brand new product,.. :p
Rather wait and see real world results and see how prices are going to settle after the first month or two

Are the E6600 still in stock and ready to ship? Wtf, then why did tankguys say they couldn't sell them until August 7th?

So, if I order the E6600 at Tigerdirect will it actaully ship out like tomorrow or whatever?

Benton The Race said:
Are the E6600 still in stock and ready to ship? Wtf, then why did tankguys say they couldn't sell them until August 7th?

So, if I order the E6600 at Tigerdirect will it actaully ship out like tomorrow or whatever?
I don't believe so. There appears to have been some CPUs that "slipped" out early, but Intel has told retailers not to ship any CPUs until the 7th.

I was told yesterday that my e6600 would ship out today, and then I was told today they would not ship until August 6th. I just canceled it, I'd rather go for the retail 6600 at ZZF for cheaper, just gotta be patient. :)

Benton The Race said:

Details! Details!. Retail shipments do not begin until August 7th. The processors that Tiger Direct are shipping are OEM.

I just spoke with Tiger and they are in fact expecting shipment to arrive tomorrow.

I have been talking to all of the major national distys that I deal with, and they are ALL saying that Intel is sending small, small orders to them until the first week of August when most of the inventory will be sent out. That's why everyone is saying August 7 and 8th, becuase that's when where they buy them from are getting them in.

live2sk8 said:
Yeah it's only a 1-year warranty on OEM chips, but if you are overclocking, who cares?

Because the resale value on a retail chip will be a lot higher. If you can get a retail CPU for the same price as an OEM, the retail chip it's a no-brainer.

Well, I will wait for ZZF to get some in.

I have heard way to many horror stories(how about one where someone orders a cpu, then it arrives with pins missing, and orders a new mobo, and has pins stuck in it? Then they refused to take it back) from Tigerdirect and seen too much crap pulled by them to ever buy anything from them.

aldamon said:
Because the resale value on a retail chip will be a lot higher. If you can get a retail CPU for the same price as an OEM, the retail chip it's a no-brainer.
To some maybe. Personally I've never resold a CPU. My last three have lasted 2-3 years and I tend to throw together extra systems and whatnot with extra parts rather than selling them. To each his own :)

Back