THQ Week on Steam.

_PixelNinja

[H]ard|Gawd
Running from October 10th to 17th THQ games are going on sale. There will be a daily deal + the THQ catalog (not including Saints Row the Third and Space Marine) at a 30% discount during the sale.

• Monday's deal: Metro 2033 - €2.50/$5
  • Tuesday's deal: Titan Quest Gold Edition - €2.50/$5
  • Wednesday's deal: Red Faction: Armageddon - €12.50/$12.50 | Red Faction Guerilla - €2.50/$5 | Red Faction II - €1.25/$2.50 | Red Faction - €1.25/$2.50
  • Thursday's deal: Homefront - €14.99/$14.99
  • [Weekend deal: Dawn of War II: Retribution - €10/$14.99/Free to Play weekend

Last edited:
I really hope Warhammer 40k: Space Marine goes on sale. I already own it, but i'd like to get a couple copies for friends.

edit: I just noticed that in the fine print on the banner Space Marine and Saints Row: The Third are excluded from the sale :(

Last edited:
Waiting on Supreme Commander Gold to go on sale for 5 bucks so I can swoop in like a hawk and pick up about 5 copies for all my friends.

Waiting on Supreme Commander Gold to go on sale for 5 bucks so I can swoop in like a hawk and pick up about 5 copies for all my friends.

Yeah, I want the old SupCom and FA to go on sale. I just don't like SA2 personally, but I have heard so much good stuf about SC/FA.

Fuck yeah...I own both on DVD but if they were cheap enough I've love to get them on Steam.

To me it seems like the games are going to be pulled from their 'hit' collection which means no SC or Space Marines.

My guesses are CoH, DoW II, & Red Faction in no particular order for the 3 days left.

I've heard a lot about Metro 2033, I assume its more than worth it at $5??

To me it seems like the games are going to be pulled from their 'hit' collection which means no SC or Space Marines.

My guesses are CoH, DoW II, & Red Faction in no particular order for the 3 days left.

It says the 10th through the 17th...so more than 3 days.

I've heard a lot about Metro 2033, I assume its more than worth it at $5??

It's a good FPS with a strong atmosphere and great visuals to boot. It takes a beast of a machine to run and has some frustrating stealth moments but it's well worth $5.

Space marine would be fun. I liked the demo. Not going to happen but yeah.

I was hoping for Space Marine too but in the event that it does go on sale (which I don't think will happen) being a new title I doubt the offer will be interesting. However, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Yeah, I want the old SupCom and FA to go on sale. I just don't like SA2 personally, but I have heard so much good stuf about SC/FA.

I have both SupCom/FA and Supcom 2. The first game+expansion is significantly better than SupCom 2. Admittedly the AI isn't the greatest in either game, but it still presents a good strategical challenge that can take over a week to complete on the larger maps. The key to winning is mostly in automizing as much you can.

I have to be honest -- I have never heard of the game before.

It's probably the best Diablo-clone game I've ever played. In many ways, it's much better than D2 was. Its biggest downfall is the lack of a closed multiplayer server, which means that you either have to play it exclusively with friends or deal with a lot of hacked characters and items in public games. Otherwise it has very interesting character progression through a huge number of class combinations and skill builds, a huge variety of interesting locations from Greek mythology, tons of sweet monsters and bosses, reasonable difficulty progression, and lots of cool items.

You know, I'm really selling myself on playing it again. If you dig a little into the community for it, I believe there are some community patches. Not sure if they work with the Steam version of the game, but it's something to look at. Also, the team who made it formed a new studio and are making another Diablo-esque game called Grim Dawn. If you like TQ, give it a look-see.

WOW Titan Quest for $5 thats awesome, I would suggest this to anyone waiting for Diablo. This game has lots of replayablity and tons of options and path for characters. I was addicted to this for a long time. JUMP ON IT!

Just as an FYI - the game does need a paging file to install. (not that many don't have one )

It's a good FPS with a strong atmosphere and great visuals to boot. It takes a beast of a machine to run and has some frustrating stealth moments but it's well worth $5.

Awesome, its finishing the download now. Glad I ordered a second 6970 to pair up to power my U3011, should be a good first test for it :D

So I see your post and quickly do a look up: sure enough, SupCom is now on Steam. Unfortunately the key I purchased off D2D about a year ago ain't working so I'm actually contemplating on purchasing from Steam... :eek:

I played Titan Quest more than Diablo II and by that I mean several hundred hours. I beat the game probably a dozen + times between different characters and the harder difficulties and each play through is about 30+ hours. The harder difficulties each introduce new bosses in places that seemed mysteriously empty in the first play through. Thus it's worth playing through at least through the three difficulties. There are multiple customer built expansion worlds and levels too that the modder community has made --- some of them quite fantastic!

The Lilith mod in particular claims to be 100 hours of gameplay and the leveldesign is as good as the actual released game. My friends and I played through it multiplayer and it was very very good too. ---FREE!

http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/11603-Lilith-The-Will-of-Demon-Battles-of-Jalavia

I can think of no other game title that has soo much life and fun for the money ---- IF you like action RPGs.

Got in on Metro 2033 for $5; played some already, and I really like it; very simple to play.

For Diablo II fans who haven't played Titan Quest yet -- GO NOW. DO NOT WAIT. GO AT ONCE. TO ACTION RPG FANS IT IS WORTH 50 BUCKS.

edit: and don't forget the fanpatch, skin mod, and after you've beat it a few times, the xmax monster mod.

what happened today? I see no daily sale at all.

EDIT: its the Red Faction games. I wonder why there is nothing about it on the front store page at the moment.

Updated the first post for today's deal.

I'm on the fence for Armageddon. Not sure though...

Last edited:
what happened today? I see no daily sale at all.

EDIT: its the Red Faction games. I wonder why there is nothing about it on the front store page at the moment.

They tried to add them to the front page but the server rejected their post as a garbage file.

Red Faction: Armageddon + DLC worth getting for $14?
that is the question of the day? I played the demo and liked it but I am going to go re watch some of the reviews for it and check out the info on the DLC. I say if you have a big backlog then you may want to wait until xmas though. I have big backlog myself but I am ready for some quick shooting fun as Fallout New Vegas and Assassins Creed are boring me to death.

Red Faction: Armageddon + DLC worth getting for $14?

a resounding HELL YES!

I bought the game @ release and loved it. Keep it mind there's no sandbox world like in Guerrilla, but if you like the playstyle of Dead Space and you want one of the coolest weapons EVER (magnet gun) then this game is no-brainer for $12.50.

I don't have the DLC but will picking that up today.

Think Diablo 2.5 in a Greek Mythical setting. It's a great game if you're into that genre, and LAN play with friends is awesome.

Damn I didn't figure the LAN, I would've bought copies for my friends, they are dying for Diablo 3 and this would be great to play while we wait.

Back