• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

this vs that

Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
677
what is wrong with what you have? with what you have i would wait for sb-e or ib before i would upgrade.

also, with dual cpu boards they tend not to oc that well.
 
The game isn't even out yet. So no one knows if that game actually scales well past 4 cores. If it doesn't, then the 2600K is your best bet. If it does, the Xeon route might be better. So I'd wait for the game to come out first and see how well it scales past 4 cores.

And I concur with tricky0502: Don't upgrade now.
 
Oh no, I totally agree. I am not buying now.

My i7 works very well with ARMA 2. 12GB or ram and a PCIe SSD, works very well.

I tend to upgrade once a year and just thinking ahead. That is a good point with the scaling core idea. I think I just assumed it would. :)
 
Chances are that by summer 2012 both sandy bridge E and mainstream ivy bridge will be out.
 
yep, wait for IB. if the game scales well on more than a quad core, then you'll have six and possibly eight core socket 2011 options to choose from come mid spring.

and it'll likely be a more cost effective route than a dual socket xeon build.
 
Back
Top