This is getting rather Roo'd

nomad8u

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2008
I looked at the stats page today. This was rather shocking to say the least.

We may have to make some serious room in the [H}ard|MowedOver Club if this keeps up. Their overtake is down to 1.6 years from 2.4 yesterday!

I threw the past 13 days into my stats spreadsheet and here's how much we're down each day for the past 13 days.

7/23 -193,019
7/24 -123,273
7/25 -198,096
7/26 -221,461
7/27 -244,155
7/28 -431,493
7/29 -166,401
7/30 -236,920
7/31 -153,766
8/01 -122,364
8/02 -138,015
8/03 -195,510 overtake in 1.9 years
8/04 -153,346 overtake in 2.2 years

The boys from down under are hungry to say the least looking at their ramp and production.
So it may be time to turn up the heat a little if there's any heat left to turn up.

Thoughts?

*edited 8/1@ 2AM to correct dates and update stats*
*edited 8/5@ 1:30AM to include updates for 8/1-8/4*

*edit 8/5:Overtake currently back up to 2.2 years! Good job all!*

I'll be up to 34k ppd when I get home form vacation.

That said. We in the top 20 can't do it on our own. We need the masses that truly make up this team to mobilize and add just a few hundred ppd each and we will be unstopable.

Yeah I noticed we've been getting smoked the last few days. It's not looking so great right now. I'm hooking up my brother's internet today to get his 1900+ running again! It's probably good for another 100PPD! Too bad it's an agp machine.

I'm thinking myself to get a 8800GT/9800GT for my 4th boxen so I can float above the 40k ppd goal that I set despite my budget constraints.

I'll be up to 34k ppd when I get home form vacation.

That said. We in the top 20 can't do it on our own. We need the masses that truly make up this team to mobilize and add just a few hundred ppd each and we will be unstopable.

Enjoy you vaca. Sheesh that's [H]ard... keeping up with the forums on vacation.

I agree, it's not just the top 20 that get it done. They're just the best of the best so to speak. I've doubled my output from 7k to over 15k in the past month. But I'm out of PCIe slots and systems for now. I've got an AthlonXP that's sitting around idle I'll fire back up for another 100ppd.

We need ALL our members to push on. Whatever you've got running from 100ppd - 10000ppd it ALL counts and it's ALL good!

Any of our new members who need help getting up and running or have any tweaking questions or issues, give a shout and someone here will be able and willing to help you out.

Fold [H]ard, Fold Fast, Fold ON!

Spring will put them in their place. They're in the dead of winter.

Spring will put them in their place. They're in the dead of winter.

And we are [H]ard and have farms heating houses in the summer... Mine does :(

I won't be the one to scale back due to heat however.

I should be adding 2 8800gt's to the mix today and hopefully another 9800gtx tomorrow.

Just think of the bump the [H]orde will get after Christmas when all of those shiny new GPUs are crunching.

I'm running my new Q6600 with a single SMP client for a few days for stress testing before I start bumping up the OC (only at 3.2 right now) and then add a GPU in the next few weeks. Should bump me up from next to nothing to around 10k PPD.

87.8F was hit in my folding room yesterday due to me adding more boxes in there... well that and heaven forbid I cooked Dinner yesterday!!! LOL

Indeed! My little mini farm puts out alot of heat but will get no rest for the summer! Be nice to see some cooler weather come in.

tkam said:
I should be adding 2 8800gt's to the mix today and hopefully another 9800gtx tomorrow.

Nice. You're doing a stellar job already.

@aldamon: Your 300k per month is sorely missed! How is the WCG crunching going?

87.8F was hit in my folding room yesterday due to me adding more boxes in there... well that and heaven forbid I cooked Dinner yesterday!!! LOL

WOW! You made dinner in the folding room? Talk about dedication! ;)

I'm already planning my strategy for next winter! If my boxes get above 70F next winter I'll be amazed!!! I'm looking at (4) 5-6inch tubes running from my windows and assisted with fans suckin in the cold air directly into my folding room. It will be FUGLY, but should be 100% more effective then what I did last year which was keep my condo at about 60F the entire time :)

I'm running my new Q6600 with a single SMP client for a few days for stress testing before I start bumping up the OC (only at 3.2 right now) and then add a GPU in the next few weeks. Should bump me up from next to nothing to around 10k PPD.

3.2 is a decent OC on that Quad for summer crunching. If the GPU doesn't play nice with the "native" SMP, it DOES work really well with a VM SMP client using notfreds' folding CD.

Ouch. My own server room sometime peg to 87-88F if I let the door almost closed so I had to let it fully open with a ugly view. However, since I'm alone, it won't matter since like any geek, I love hardware pr0n view :p

However, I cannot wait for winter to see if folding is enough to keep my condo warm without using any baseboard heaters.

I'm already planning my strategy for next winter! If my boxes get above 70F next winter I'll be amazed!!! I'm looking at (4) 5-6inch tubes running from my windows and assisted with fans suckin in the cold air directly into my folding room. It will be FUGLY, but should be 100% more effective then what I did last year which was keep my condo at about 60F the entire time :)

Or maybe just suck the hot air from the folding room into the rest of your condo and shut the heat off. ;)

Ouch. My own server room sometime peg to 87-88F if I let the door almost closed so I had to let it fully open with a ugly view.

Yikes that's pretty hot, makes me very very happy that I have the majority of my folding farm at work instead of at home.

Okay, Tonight I will turn on the P4 3.4 and Celly 2.8 machines tonight and get them setup with a console client.
I have ordered more ram for the Celly (currently has 256, and its hurting like crazy) which should help a bit.

And once my mobo and PSU get in, I will have a clocked E21 with a 4850 folding.

All that plus my TL 56 lappy with 2 console clients running. Not sure what PPD that is, but hopefully it will help.

3.2 is a decent OC on that Quad for summer crunching. If the GPU doesn't play nice with the "native" SMP, it DOES work really well with a VM SMP client using notfreds' folding CD.

So far, the temp is staying around 55-57 at constant full load. Figure I'll leave it go for a few says, then try to push it up to around 3.4, see if I can't get it stable ad stay under 65. So far, I'm not happy with the speed it's crunching it's current WU, but it could just be a bad one. Plan on letting it run a few days and then mess with it some this weekend.

Oh, and I guess I'll throw the console clients back on my laptop while I'm at my girlfriends til Friday morning. Should give a few points.

If I can manage to get UPS to deliver I will be adding a GTX260 in the next couple days. I have never had a newegg shipment take this long to deliver before. Its kinda sad really how much I have freaked out about it. I was spoiled.

In a few more weeks it should start cooling off again enough to bump those overclocks up just a bit more.

Unfortunately I have no money to ramp up any further for the time being. :( This winter though, maybe.

I can get a better overclock on my sig 2.4C rig running notfred if I take half the Ram out and leave it with 512 MB(heat troubles). will the reduction in memory hurt my production at all?

Just ordered another 280GTX for some SLI lovin, and have a 8800GT in my shopping cart at NewEgg. Still have another week here at work however. I need to get the media server restarted. Losing 6k/day. Just one more week....

Just trying to squeeze 10k PPD out of an E6400, 9800GTX, 8800GTS 640 and PS3.

I will manage it, hopefully tomorrow :D

I'm stuck with the gear I have for the next little while unfortunately. If I do spend some folding related cash, it will be on things like a few UPS's which won't affect PPD.

You should be able to get about 10k ppd out of the 9800gtx and 8800gts alone ;).
If they'd run full speed together! They're currently putting out about 8100 PPD so it's not so bad I guess :)

I'm down 3 boxen, ~20k PpD, due to heat issues.
It got so hot in the cottage that I started to have boxen crashing.
Core temps where hitting +70C.

Luck ............. :D

I could imagine! The GX2's are micro furnaces. I'm struggling just with 8 boxes and 9 gpu's in the data center and the temps are climbing... I have one more box to move in. I need more cooling like it appears you do!

I looked at te stats page today. This was rather shocking to say the least.

We may have to make some serious room in the [H}ard|MowedOver Club if this keeps up. Their overtake is down to 1.6 years from 2.4 yesterday!
Seems to be down to 1.5 years now. One of the reasons we're down is the recent drop in production from jkellum. He was our #1 producer briefly and the team's PPD got a short term boost. I think our production is showing more realistic numbers now, unfortunately. The Aussies are very competitive this summer compared to last year. They're like a totally different team this year.

"I've giv'n her all she's got captain, an' I canna give her no more." (RIP Scotty)

I've added 3x q6600 systems, 3x 8800GTs and got a 4th from Tedkj (I hacked up my work Optiplex GX620 so I could fit an EA430 PSU for the GPU)

The utility bill I try not to mention. :eek: Wifey is a bit cranky about that.

I just added a 8800 gtx today so my PPD will be going up. I'm adding a 8800 GTS this weekend. By the time I'm finished I hope to be putting out 14-16K PPD.

Seems to be down to 1.5 years now. One of the reasons we're down is the recent drop in production from jkellum. He was our #1 producer briefly and the team's PPD got a short term boost. I think our production is showing more realistic numbers now, unfortunately. The Aussies are very competitive this summer compared to last year. They're like a totally different team this year.

I agree, jkellum had a nice ramp and run but is seriously down on a daily basis for some reason. FLECOM on the other hand has ramped up nicely and is helping to offset some of that. Some of our production was lost to WCG as well.

The Roos have indeed put a tremendous push on and have done a hell of a job. They're hungry for sure. ASSMAN alone is pulling 150kppd+!

Thanks everybody for all the efforts you're putting up. Do what you can when you can. Don't melt any boxen Tigerbiten! ;)

Fold Long, Fold [H]ard, Fold ON!

I'm now making a promise : Tonight, when NCIX will have a new sales week page up (around 8-9PM EST), If I see a card for around 100-110$ AR, I'll snatch one for sure. Should help for about 4500 ppd but that's the most I can go for now with my very tight budget.

Jkellum only had the systems available for the summer. So we'll need to pick it up elsewhere.

I'm not too worried. Historically OCAU has a severe loss of PPD in their summer (our winter). Not great for the project, but helpful for [H] competition. ;)

Slow and steady wins the race. I'm glad for the competition, OCAU is a fantastic team. Let's hope they can keep up the pressure.

I'm not too worried. Historically OCAU has a severe loss of PPD in their summer (our winter). Not great for the project, but helpful for [H] competition. ;)

Heh..heh yeah but at the rate they're ramping and catching up can we hold off until their summer. ;) [H]ell YES!

relic said:
Slow and steady wins the race. I'm glad for the competition, OCAU is a fantastic team. Let's hope they can keep up the pressure.

I agree, they are a fantastic team. I think their efforts and ramp prove that. It does indeed spur competition and that's good all the way around.

I think just the amount of activity and views on this thread today show how it can spur interest and competition... ;)

BAM DONE
Celly 2.8 on line folding for Team 33
P4 3.4 online folding for Team 33
Tl-56 two console clients, finally re-configured. Folding for Team 33

Back