These Are the Websites Your Clean-Install Windows PC Connects to by Itself

an average person would have died from old age by the time they read that list....

holy crap man that list is insane

Good to see heatlesssun forcing the same bullshit point of view as always, how dare people act negatively in relation to Windows 10! ;)

BTW, I find LibreOffice to run better under Linux with none of the crashing I experience under Windows and macOS.

I've been seeing enough touch screen laptops with telltale finger smears along the edges to know that people are using touch screens with Word and Excel, if just to scroll through them.

Of course, I see the same on laptops without touchscreens. :)

Good to see heatlesssun forcing the same bullshit point of view as always, how dare people act negatively in relation to Windows 10! ;)

Windows 10 is like anything else, it has it's strengths and weaknesses. I never said it was perfect but if it were as bad as some claim it would literally be impossible for anyone to use it.

BTW, I find LibreOffice to run better under Linux with none of the crashing I experience under Windows and macOS.

I don't run Libre Office constantly like I do Microsoft Office but I don't recall the last time I saw it crash on Windows 10.

Of course, I see the same on laptops without touchscreens. :)

My point about Libre Office touch support, I'm far from the only one that's mentioned it. 2 in 1s and touchscreen laptops are common place today and touch is built into the Linux kernel. My Surface Pro 3 running Ubuntu 18.04 picks up touch support right of the box and a number of application under Linux like the Chrome web browser with supports touch flick scrolling and pinch zooming.

Windows 10 is like anything else, it has it's strengths and weaknesses. I never said it was perfect but if it were as bad as some claim it would literally be impossible for anyone to use it.

Which is literally what you claim in relation to Linux. When someone claims otherwise you act like they're making it all up and give them a hard time about it!

Don't dish it out if you're not willing to cop it all back again. ;)

Last edited:
Which is literally what you claim in relation to Linux. When someone claims otherwise you act like they're making it all up and give them a hard time about it!

Don't dish it out if you're not willing to cop it all back again. ;)

The strengths and weaknesses of desktop Linux and Windows are obvious and longstanding. The open source nature of Linux makes is far more user configurable than Windows and for all practical purposes it doesn't have malware issues especially when compared to Windows. In addition it's not the intellectual property of a single corporation thus market forces don't force a corporate agenda. Readily obvious stuff that's been readily obvious for decades.

When it comes to Windows, by far its greatest strength, a word I know you don't like, is its ecosystem. 3rd party support for the overwhelming majority of all desktop hardware and software. Readily obvious for decades.

Probably where I have the greatest disagreement with Linux fans is in the area of PC gaming. I get that Linux gaming has come a long way since Steam started supporting it. And then PC gaming became as big of a deal as ever and Windows gaming is now bigger than ever. Linux gaming got better and simultaneously Windows gaming got better than that. Again, readily obvious.

longstanding.

Times change and desktop Linux has changed with time, what was Linux many years ago is not Linux now and gaming under Linux has advanced in leaps and bounds. Linux fans are not exaggerating gaming under Linux, Windows users are overestimating what defines a gamer.

Every operating system has an ecosystem, the only thing that matters is whether that ecosystem suits the user.

Last edited:
Back