The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

Just a heads up, but if you got into game and your mouse cursor feels wonky you should try options and then setting to hardware mouse cursor, fix it for me and feels fine now.

Noticed this too. Turning Hardware Cursor on immediately fixed any issues with wonky mouse lag.

I stuck at work for another few hours, so I haven't had a chance to play around yet.

I'm curious if the GameWorks/Physx would benefit from having a dedicated GPU. I have an old 750 I could dig out.

Damn...This game is fukin' awesome...and I just did the tutorial....Seriously though...Everything on Ultra, HBAO, playing at 2560x1600 on my Dell.....My 3770k at 4.6 and my 2 Original Titans are getting hammered....I'm overclocking to about 1100 on both GPU's...Can't really maintain above 50FPS....It's been hovering closer to 40-45 FPS....Might have to drop the settings down a bit...That's with the new released drivers today....GREAT GAME so far!

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC) review impressions

Downgraded or not, the graphics in The Witcher 3 are gorgeous...However, I would say The Witcher 3 certainly isn’t the graphics card-punishing beast that Witcher 2 was...Running at 1080p I was able to max out most of the (extremely granular) settings except Nvidia HairWorks and maintain a steady 60 frames per second…on a single GeForce GTX 970...The only things I dipped were grass density and crowd size, and I left those on High...

This is a game of a scope The Witcher 2 never even attempted, with an overwhelmingly huge world and seamless interiors to boot...So yeah, maybe the graphics in The Witcher 3 don't push the envelope as hard as The Witcher 2 did, but the difference is there’s about 100 times more of it, with few loading screens to mar the presentation...And besides size, there are two areas in which The Witcher 3 takes some huge steps forward from its predecessor: Lighting and faces...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2923...ew-impressions-smoothly-slaying-monsters.html

Last edited:
Damn...This game is fukin' awesome...and I just did the tutorial....Seriously though...Everything on Ultra, HBAO, playing at 2560x1600 on my Dell.....My 3770k at 4.6 and my 2 Original Titans are getting hammered....I'm overclocking to about 1100 on both GPU's...Can't really maintain above 50FPS....It's been hovering closer to 40-45 FPS....Might have to drop the settings down a bit...That's with the new released drivers today....GREAT GAME so far!

How much VRAM are you using? Plan on doing 25x16 as well. HUD is too present for plasma tv. I can oc the piss out of my SLI 970s, but limited to 3.5gb of vram....

At that point it's a stutter fest until you adjust settings to make vram stay under 3.5gb.

1 290, max settings motion blur off gives me around 45fps, turn hair works on and it drops to 22-25fps.

crossfire obviously does not have a profile yet

How much VRAM are you using? Plan on doing 25x16 as well. HUD is too present for plasma tv. I can oc the piss out of my SLI 970s, but limited to 3.5gb of vram....

At that point it's a stutter fest until you adjust settings to make vram stay under 3.5gb.

Gimme' a sec..i'll go in game and check afterburner and post a screenie

Installing the patch. And then it's off to the races, windswept mountains of fog here I come. This is more exciting than Sansa Stark getting bent over a chair. Oh, Sansa.

I do have one final message to the naysayers and downgrade parrots that were never going to be happy until CDPR had an office meeting to commit group suicide for daring to make a game with the requirement that they be able to remain in business afterward. And that message is SUCK IT

Last edited:
Gimme' a sec..i'll go in game and check afterburner and post a screenie

Sorry dude...got engrossed in the game and was just riding my horse around...GOG doesn't have an overlay so I couldn't take a screen shot, but afterburner was showing a max of only 1.9 GB VRAM usage and that was with running around the land scape for like 5-10 minutes....

I'm interested in comparisons and contrasts to Witcher 2 when it comes to some of the gameplay mechanics and especially combat.

Also: Any sort of a stealth concept anywhere in the proceedings?

I'm interested in comparisons and contrasts to Witcher 2 when it comes to some of the gameplay mechanics and especially combat.

Also: Any sort of a stealth concept anywhere in the proceedings?

I can tell you that I played the Witcher 2 for probably 2 hours and quit...Just couldn't get into it...Just doing the tutorial for this game put a smile on my face. The gameplay mechanics don't seem to cluttered if that makes sense and parrying/counter attacking and using magic seemed more smooth and fun versus Witcher 2...not to mention the game looks soo frekking beautiful!

Cant start the GoG version - loaded the language pack and the 1.01 patch, but nothing happens after clicking W3 icon - launching directly from file does not help either. Why the hell NV had to use the GoG and not the Steam code.... if this was on Steam it would launch perfectly.

Never again touching anything on GoG

Sorry dude...got engrossed in the game and was just riding my horse around...GOG doesn't have an overlay so I couldn't take a screen shot, but afterburner was showing a max of only 1.9 GB VRAM usage and that was with running around the land scape for like 5-10 minutes....

Nice. At least won't be hampered by the 970s shens. Does the scenery justify these high requirements, or is it poorly optimized?

Won't be playing until Thursday at the earliest it seems.

I can tell you that I played the Witcher 2 for probably 2 hours and quit...Just couldn't get into it...Just doing the tutorial for this game put a smile on my face. The gameplay mechanics don't seem to cluttered if that makes sense and parrying/counter attacking and using magic seemed more smooth and fun versus Witcher 2...not to mention the game looks soo frekking beautiful!

This is what I was hoping for. I was lukewarm at best about the combat in Witcher 2. I know exactly what you mean by all of that.

Cant start the GoG version - loaded the language pack and the 1.01 patch, but nothing happens after clicking W3 icon - launching directly from file does not help either. Why the hell NV had to use the GoG and not the Steam code.... if this was on Steam it would launch perfectly.

Never again touching anything on GoG

Patch should be 1.02 dude....Verify the game integrity and make sure u have auto update enabled and re-launch GOG. you are using the Galaxy client correct?

No.... just brand pure gog download files from their page. It seems there are a lot of people who can't play W3 either, due to this "feature".

I would use galaxy dude..I installed it and it works just like steam...You can disable all the BS and it auto updates and game launches without a problem

Barely maintaining 1080p30, all maxed out with HairWorks off.
I've actually seen a few dips down to ~25.

Just... wow. Shelving this until drivers / new GPU. Unbelievable.
Actually runs worse than the PS4, I think.

Running poorly on a Titan X @ 4K and Hairworks on. Hairworks off makes it pretty solid. Hair still looks good without hairworks.....obviously I'd prefer to have it on though.

I would use galaxy dude..I installed it and it works just like steam...You can disable all the BS and it auto updates and game launches without a problem

This is what's pissing me off. Every publisher now wants his own dickheadish client, to pretend he can be Valve.... It's just so damn irritating. And steam so spoiled me for good service.

This game is amazing with G-sync. I went with the defaults and it feels like 100+ fps. On Death March I'll probably need it.

All maxed,Hairworks ON, Chromatic Abberation OFF, 1080P= Avg so far about 45-50FPS (40fps during ghoul fight with hairworks and fabulous fur!)

0Yvb.png

1Yvb.png

2Yvb.png

Barely maintaining 1080p30, all maxed out with HairWorks off.
I've actually seen a few dips down to ~25.

Just... wow. Shelving this until drivers / new GPU. Unbelievable.
Actually runs worse than the PS4, I think.

280x doesn't meet requirement for max setting
what did you expect?

Welp, the first 40 minutes or so have made me smile and LOL IRL several times. Can tell this game is going to be sweet..Already picking out new graphics hardware in my head :p

im having framerate issues. everything off/low barely breaks 60fps @ 1920x1200
maxed out gets me down into the upper 20s, but my cards/cpu arent being pushed. cpu sits at about 45% across all 4 cores, HT does nothing. GPUs are sitting at 60-70%

Running poorly on a Titan X @ 4K and Hairworks on. Hairworks off makes it pretty solid. Hair still looks good without hairworks.....obviously I'd prefer to have it on though.

You're running the game at 4K... how well did you expect it to run? :p

im having framerate issues. everything off/low barely breaks 60fps @ 1920x1200
maxed out gets me down into the upper 20s, but my cards/cpu arent being pushed. cpu sits at about 45% across all 4 cores, HT does nothing. GPUs are sitting at 60-70%

Try disabling Crossfire.

damn can't get 60 fps min with everything maxed with titan X oced at 3440X1440. Oh well.. its close enough. I might adjust one setting down to hit 60 fps. But I have to go back to work. But yea looks like vram wise this isn't using more than 2.5gb and I doubt it will hit over 4 gb so anyone with 970 (or sli) and up shouldn't have vram issues.

You're running the game at 4K... how well did you expect it to run? :p

Haha, not well at all to be honest with you. But hey, it's solidly playable without hairworks. Time to think about another Titan X. ;)

OK..I just did a quick and dirty video to show what the game looks like on Ultra and how it's running on my rig. Remember Shadowplay is doing the capturing, so there is a minimal hit to performance, but gameplay is still smooth. You can see my Afterburner overlay. The top bar is the GPU clock, GPU usage, fan speed, etc. and the bottom is Memory clock and VRAM amount utilized. I hope it helps give you guys some good info. Later! back to the game! :D

https://youtu.be/v6HEfNdwudE

Edit-Sorry fellas, I just realized with the overlay color and youtubes compression, it's a little hard to read afterburner....If you have a question, ask and I will answer....VRAM was hitting 2.1-2.2 gb and my FPS was still hovering around 45FPS..Temps on my Titans were pushing 80-85c and that was with my fan setting at max

Back