The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

CDPR keeps responding and being very upfront that the PC version will look amazing and not to believe this nonsense about graphics downgrades but the same malcontents keep posting the same BS...

"It simply made the PC version look pretty bad and YT compression didn't help either. This was not the final build for PC on which we are working till the last moment.

There will be visible differences between console and PC (we always said so), stuff like:
- draw distance
- framerate
- resolution
-exclusive features such as hairworks

We're sorry about the confusion. We are just 4 days away from the release and we can't wait when the PC players will get their hands-on the game

Actually your the one posting BS now nothing you listed will make the game look ANYTHING LIKE what was advertised as in game footage before. They directly said the assets are the same. I don't give a damned how high you crank up the res it's not gonna make the game look that great

"It simply made the PC version look pretty bad and YT compression didn't help either."

I saw that video and it looked nearly exactly the same as the PS4 version. (I think the PS4 version even looked a tiny bit better - the hair seemed more active in the PS4 one).

Also, what is up with all these YT compression excuses? Did the videos from 2013 and 2014 that look infinitely better not suffer from the same compression? People need to stop it with those.

Yeah, I'll judge the game when it comes out. If there is any "downgrade", I doubt it will tarnish my over-all experience, but I still doubt the PC version will have suffered much reduction. People are acting like this is Alien: Colonial Marines. Both prior games had flaws and still ended up being overwhelmingly popular. Given the reviews and Red's reputation, I'm not too concerned.

It's obvious CDPR doesn't want us to get a full taste of what PC ultra will look like. Why? We don't know, it's incredibly suspicious. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Them taking down the video is just adding more fuel to the fire, it's not helping anyone.

It's obvious CDPR doesn't want us to get a full taste of what PC ultra will look like. Why? We don't know, it's incredibly suspicious. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Yea, experience with companies hiding things until post launch, while claiming everything is perfectly fine up to, has not been pleasant.

Hope we all bust in our pants when it gets unlocked, but not holding my breath. Bought retail, so can return if shit hits the fan at least.

Mainly just hope the pc version isn't a buggy broken mess.

Them taking down the video is just adding more fuel to the fire, it's not helping anyone.
The PC graphics in that video looked like total shit.
So either way CDPR would want to take it down, lol.

Either it doesn't represent the final product (PC looks better) or it DOES and they don't want you to see that.

Well, I hope they don't go down this gigantic hole, every other dev/pub is going down. Would be yet another blow.

Apparently this is 4K PC Ultra footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NASfzt1C7aY

It doesn't look bad, it's pretty good but definitely not 2013-2014 good. I'll most likely still enjoy the game but still slightly disappointed by the lack of clutter, rendering and effects.

Looks as good if not better than GTA V, which everybody seems to think looks super amazing for some reason. Now hopefully mouse sensitivity isn't fucked like it is there. That might be something to actually be mad about.

Apparently this is 4K PC Ultra footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NASfzt1C7aY

It doesn't look bad, it's pretty good but definitely not 2013-2014 good. I'll most likely still enjoy the game but still slightly disappointed by the lack of clutter, rendering and effects.

Well that is certainly beautiful looking in most areas. Grass needs shadows and the sky box isn't all that hot but that's me being nit-picky.

Welp, fucking Walmart canceled my order for the CE. Seriously pirating this game now unless I get a copy at retail price.

Welp, fucking Walmart canceled my order for the CE. Seriously pirating this game now unless I get a copy at retail price.

So you are going to pirate the game because WalMart was a dick to you? The fuck kind of sense does that make?

I don't know, man. You can get a copy at considerably less than retail price pretty easily online. Unless you're talking about a CE "copy", which I guess isn't gonna happen.

So you are going to pirate the game because WalMart was a dick to you? The fuck kind of sense does that make?

The sense I'm pissed I ordered something 8 months ago, and 4 days before told it ain't coming, and now it's sold out everywhere except ebay gougers.

Not sure it was Walmart's fault anyway, email said they never received their supply.

The sense I'm pissed I ordered something 8 months ago, and 4 days before told it ain't coming, and now it's sold out everywhere except ebay gougers.

Not sure it was Walmart's fault anyway, email said they never received their supply.

Ha, this happened to me with Amazon and Bloodborne. Pre-ordered the CE 4 months before it was out, then the day before they told me they don't have any left.

Well that is certainly beautiful looking in most areas. Grass needs shadows and the sky box isn't all that hot but that's me being nit-picky.

The grass and trees look like the Project Cars foliage that the testers for that game complained that they "look like shit." They should have asked some of the Skyrim modders for some help with the grass and trees. :) Guess it is a GameWorks assets library thing. The lack of shadows is very disappointing.

The area around the main character looked decent enough with the exception of the plastic grass and Dollar Tree trees. I ignored the mountains and stuff in the background. Not a bad looking game. "Not I need to run out and buy this now" amazing, but looks like it would be fun and enjoyable to play in.

I didn't see anything in the video that was so graphically advanced that AMD had to issue a warning of permanent low performance in the game due to GameWorks. Obviously the graphics aren't that advanced. Looks like Tomb Raider quality maybe. So what is GameWorks doing to completely fuck over AMD users?

If this is how the game looks then I'm fine with it.

The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt.png

Last edited:

You can easily find THe Witcher 3 (pc) for below retail.

greenmangaming has it for 27% off with voucher: SAVE27-OFWITC-HERIII

Ha, this happened to me with Amazon and Bloodborne. Pre-ordered the CE 4 months before it was out, then the day before they told me they don't have any left.

That sucks. Hope you got a copy elsewhere for the same price.

You can easily find THe Witcher 3 (pc) for below retail.

greenmangaming has it for 27% off with voucher: SAVE27-OFWITC-HERIII

Not for the CE. Probably looking at a minimum of $100 over USD msrp on ebay, or importing from UK.

I've been loading steam every night, and clicking play just because.

Tonight it actually started the installer, but stopped again after a few seconds with the content still encrypted message.

it got my hopes up :(

obviously they must be fanboys who are ignoring the downgraded graphics

In this day and age I am more for Story, Game Play and Controls then Graphics. Hell WoW looks amazing for a 10 year old game, Witcher 2 Still looks amazing, the last Dragon Age looks amazing, GTA 5 on PC looks Amazing and Witcher 3 is by far the best looking game I have seen this year so far (and all i have seen is You Tube and Twitch vids) that aside like I said Story, Game Play and Controls then Graphics.

But to be fair I am a huge fan of this Company every thing they have done so far has been gold, DRM free games I mean come on :p only thing they can work on I would say is get there mod tools out fast

Last edited:
Looks great can't wait to play on Tuesday.

You mean Monday :)

A friendly reminder for those who don't know, the game unlocks at 1AM CET, which means Monday night (4PM PST, 7PM EST) for those of us stateside. Steam confirms this. For the past few days the unlock time has been counting down until May 19th at 10AM PST (Steams normal daily update) but I just checked and it's been updated. Now it's saying 2 days 9 hours which puts us right at the 4PM/7PM time frame. Good stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuskgsmIe6k

Apparently that is 4k on titan x. Seems legit with the hairworks on

Looks incredible. The 3P and horse riding movement reminds of Red Dead Redemption, and the section of the gameworld in that video reminds of Skyrim. Two of my favorite videogame experiences. Awesome.

The guys in the video were mentioning how amazing the ambient world sounds were - that it seems alot of attention to detail was paid there as well. Sound design is a big part of the experience and though discussions have been caught up in the "it doesn't look like EEE THREE" circlejerk, I can't wait to experience this for myself.

Last edited:
Back