The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings ann.

the-witcher-2_7bapssnna.jpg

Poking fun at dragon age 2, lols.

If this game is anywhere near as good as my hype gland is telling me it is, I may have to take a few days off work when it launches.

Dont know if this has been posted but if use promo code "hailtothechief" you can pre-order the witcher 2 for $35.

direct2drive.png

Bit from D2D. Am I able to tie the key to my Steam account? It's not a selling-point for me but a nice bonus.

Dont know if this has been posted but if use promo code "hailtothechief" you can pre-order the witcher 2 for $35.

Nice deal. I actually have a lot of games on my radar I wouldn't mind using that on. I'll probably actually put it down on DA2 or perhaps Crysis 2.

Pro-ordered Witcher 2 today. It's nice to see a quality RPG designed exclusively for the PC.

I've gotta say, this game is looking pretty damned amazing. I'll be picking it up as soon as I upgrade, or maybe sooner just to give them some of my money.

The game looks pretty sweet. I think I'll preorder the retail version rather than the digital version. I rarely ever preorder games but all those bonus goodies really suck me in. Would rather have physical copies of the books and additional content than downloadable PDFs of them.

I hate being broke. If this and BF3 are released and I am not able to buy them on day one I will do a poo right in my pants.

I don't care for how the corpses turn into a pile of gibs. Rather have them stay at least as long as you change areas.

Last edited:
Portal 2 isn't $60 either. Some developers just get it.

For the Witcher 2 and Portal 2 I get the feeling that they are trying their hardest to give me the best value they can for my money. With Dragon Age 2, I can't help but feel they are trying their damndest to milk every cent they can from their customers. Also lets remember Bioware's promise from Dragon Age 1... two years of DLC for the game. Then they stopped producing the DLC and when called out for it their reason was that they'd rather spend the money on developing Dragon Age 2.

If you say you are going to do something, you should do it. No doubt quite a few people bought Dragon Age after hearing Bioware pledge 2 years of after release content for it. I suppose you could consider DA2 $60 DLC... ($67 if you bought it on Steam!). I like the games Bioware makes, but their pact with EA hasn't made me happy at all.

I've preordered both The Witcher 2 and Portal 2, I have NOT preordered Dragon Age 2. And these are all in a series of games that I've bought full price upon release. So in Bioware's/EA's quest for more money they've lost a first day sale from me.

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting that the screenshots for The Witcher 2 look about fifty times better than the full motion video of the game in action.

So I've finally gotten to playing the original Witcher after reading through a few pages through this thread. Six hours wasted on the game to half-way through the second chapter. When I try to take the ferry from the dock to the swamp, the game crashes. Before this point, I've had about five CTD's. But this time it is isolated to a particular zone change that will probably end up being game breaking.

Anyone have luck dealing with this issue? A little googling around and I found a lot of others with the same issue, but no definitive solution. I've tried a number of the suggestions to no avail.

I have Windows 7 x64 and a 5850 with the newest drivers. Never had an issue with any other games on this machine.

So I've finally gotten to playing the original Witcher after reading through a few pages through this thread. Six hours wasted on the game to half-way through the second chapter. When I try to take the ferry from the dock to the swamp, the game crashes. Before this point, I've had about five CTD's. But this time it is isolated to a particular zone change that will probably end up being game breaking.

Anyone have luck dealing with this issue? A little googling around and I found a lot of others with the same issue, but no definitive solution. I've tried a number of the suggestions to no avail.

I have Windows 7 x64 and a 5850 with the newest drivers. Never had an issue with any other games on this machine.

You playing the EE or original? Fully updated? Pirated? I have a friend who's just started playing a cracked copy and he's had some issues like that.

Excellent gameplay footage on Gamespot showing off combat and Geralt doing a side quest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVoytJ9sXqk

World looks very immersive, can't wait to get my hands on the game.

Looks like they removed combat stances and replaced it with a Crysis like radial wheel to cast spells / activate combat styles. The radial wheel also slows down time.

Last edited:
You playing the EE or original? Fully updated? Pirated? I have a friend who's just started playing a cracked copy and he's had some issues like that.

I'm a bit of an idiot. When I reinstalled the game (best buy bought, probably the last game I've bought there) I updated it with the director's cut patch. I didn't do enough research into the patching and apparently I should have downloaded the EE 1.4 patch first, then the 1.5 patch, then the Director's cut.

I was pretty happy to see that my saved games were intact upon patching up to date. It allowed me to traverse the swamp without issue.

Excellent gameplay footage on Gamespot showing off combat and Geralt doing a side quest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVoytJ9sXqk

World looks very immersive, can't wait to get my hands on the game.

Looks like they removed combat stances and replaced it with a Crysis like radial wheel to cast spells / activate combat styles. The radial wheel also slows down time.

Not sure what to think of that. I liked the stance system and how quickly I could flit between them. One of the things I hated about Crysis was that radial wheel.

WabeWalker said:
Hmm, interesting that the screenshots for The Witcher 2 look about fifty times better than the full motion video of the game in action.

Based on what? The diary 4 video shows some compression from re-encoding, but otherwise the only bad thing I can see with the visuals is the flat foliage. It's pretty much a given nowadays that if a game can look an 8 in a still, it can look a 10 in motion due to all the other postprocessing stuff that isn't evident in a screenshot.

I hate hate hate hate hate radial wheels. It was an interesting experiment with NWN, but it's terribly slow and should've been killed a long time ago. Multiple mouse clicks vs hotkeys, hmm....

It's fine as a supplementary UI device because then lazy people don't have to memorize hotkeys, but I hope we all don't have to use it.

Played the first Witcher at the start of the year when I bought it in the Steam sales and Iwas taken aback at how awesome it was! Completed the game in a week or so because the storyline had me hooked. Even the gf enjoyed the game and would stay up to ungodly hours in the morning with me as I played.

From the screenshots, the sequel looks pretty bloody good - dark and gritty without being too "brown" unlike a lot of other games around. From the wee gameplay previews i've seen, things look promising although I hope they keep the stance system because I found it quite fun and enjoyable.

Wow, this game looks incredible. I love the dark, gritty fantasy art style. Pre-ordered this bad boy.

So I finished The Witcher EE, a couple of weeks ago. I have to say that it was very good. I can see why it was RPG of the year. If the second is as good I will definitely be playing it, although maybe a year after release.

I don't usually use this phrase... but this game looks like ass.

Before, I thought the screenshots looked doctored. Now I'm certain of it. LOL at that guy for thinking his game looks better than Dragon Age 2. This game looks like something from five years ago.

I don't usually use this phrase... but this game looks like ass.

Before, I thought the screenshots looked doctored. Now I'm certain of it. LOL at that guy for thinking his game looks better than Dragon Age 2. This game looks like something from five years ago.

Dude you need your eyes checked. Srsly.

Portal 2 isn't $60 either. Some developers just get it.

Half Life 2 launched at $60 back in 2004. Valve would gladly take your money if they thought Portal 2 had enough content to warrant it.

Back