The Wii U is done

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, it's not like there is much else to buy on the PS4. KZ selling over a million units isn't surprising. As I recall, 3 did pretty good as well and KZ had some hype behind it. It's the only PS4 game I've bought so far myself.

To be fair, there isn't much to buy on the Wii U either. :D

I was just simply addressing his point of poor sales. PS4 games are doing pretty well considering the installed base.

Side note: NFS Rivals is amazing if you like racing.

To be fair, there isn't much to buy on the Wii U either. :D

I was just simply addressing his point of poor sales. PS4 games are doing pretty well considering the installed base.

Side note: NFS Rivals is amazing if you like racing.

The Wii U actually has a nice selection of good games, but it is lacking major system sellers and Nintendo's spamming the market with Mario games does not appear to be helping them.

With the 30FPS lock removed on the PC version I've been debating on getting the PC version of Rivals instead of the PS4 one.

The Wii U actually has a nice selection of good games, but it is lacking major system sellers and Nintendo's spamming the market with Mario games does not appear to be helping them.

With the 30FPS lock removed on the PC version I've been debating on getting the PC version of Rivals instead of the PS4 one.

Anything you'd suggest for the Wii U? My daughter got one for Christmas from a relative and I looked a the library and there just isn't anything appealing. We got the Zelda bundle and they bought her SMB3DW as well so we have both of those. Beyond that I really haven't seen much that would appeal to me. Most of it seems to be aimed at younger audiences. I have been looking for ZombiU to go on sale for $10 or $15.

Anything you'd suggest for the Wii U? My daughter got one for Christmas from a relative and I looked a the library and there just isn't anything appealing. We got the Zelda bundle and they bought her SMB3DW as well so we have both of those. Beyond that I really haven't seen much that would appeal to me. Most of it seems to be aimed at younger audiences. I have been looking for ZombiU to go on sale for $10 or $15.

You've got two of the big ones. Beyond that ZombiU, Pikman 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, NSMBU/NSLU, I've heard the WiiU version of Ninja Gaiden 3 is much better than the original, Wonderful 101, there are supposed to be some good indie titles on the eShop but I haven't spent much time looking into those. It's a kid's game but Lego City Undercover looks amusing and potentially fun. I haven't played most of the titles I listed (blame Link Between worlds on the 3DS and AC4 for my WiiU neglect).

Rayman Legends. I'm 37, I mostly play strategy games and RPGs on the PC, and I really liked it. I also got my GF hooked on the WiiU version. (She has a WiiU, I don't.) I finished the PC version a couple days ago. It's not much of a reason to buy a WiiU since it's also on PC, 360, and PS3., but I hear it's best on the WiiU (was originally going to be an exclusive) and your daughter already has the WiiU.

There's a demo of the PC version on Steam if you want to try before buying. A 360 controller is a must have for the PC version, though the first 2 levels of the demo are ok with a keyboard.

You've got two of the big ones. Beyond that ZombiU, Pikman 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, NSMBU/NSLU, I've heard the WiiU version of Ninja Gaiden 3 is much better than the original, Wonderful 101, there are supposed to be some good indie titles on the eShop but I haven't spent much time looking into those. It's a kid's game but Lego City Undercover looks amusing and potentially fun. I haven't played most of the titles I listed (blame Link Between worlds on the 3DS and AC4 for my WiiU neglect).

I actually went on the eShop last night and found no indie titles that looked interesting, so I bought Super Mario World instead. haha

I actually went on the eShop last night and found no indie titles that looked interesting, so I bought Super Mario World instead. haha

Pushmo is supposed to be an excellent title. eShop exclusive. Haven't played it yet. Not sure if there's a Wii U version though.

If you haven't already play the Operation Rainfall games for the Wii

Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower

They came out at the end of the Wii's life and most people missed them.

For Wii U games I have heard that Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut is good.

Apparently Lego City Undercover is very fun.

Does anyone have any more details on the European retailer clearancing out their Wii U inventory?

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/01/european-mega-retailer-is-dumping-wii-u-inventory-at-99-euros-a-pop/

Most of the sites I am pulling up are foriegn and since I only speak American it's difficult. :p

Whenever Target or Walmart decide to ditch the platform for 99 bucks I'd pick it up assuming the games are clearanced off as well.

And if you would read the first couple of comments for that article, rather than post only the information you want, you would see that this might have been a one day sale rather than a clearance sale (which I'm sure you'd LOVE to see it be).

Hell, even the article has now been updated saying that they aren't sure whether this is a sale or clearance price.

[T5K]thrasher;1040516834 said:
I'm just shocked (not really) by the utterly poor sales of PS4/xbone games.

Where?

Latest UK Software Charts

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS), WEEK ENDING 4 January 2014

LW

TW Title Format Label Publisher
5 1 FIFA 14 PS4 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
2 2 ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG XB360 UBISOFT UBISOFT
1 3 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS XB360 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
8 4 MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION XB360 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
3 5 GRAND THEFT AUTO V XB360 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
4 6 FIFA 14 XB360 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
15 7 FIFA 14 XB ONE EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
17 8 BATTLEFIELD 4 PS4 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
14 9 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS PS4 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
19 10 BATTLEFIELD 4 XB ONE EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
9 11 BATTLEFIELD 4 XB360 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
13 12 GRAN TURISMO 6 PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
21 13 FORZA MOTORSPORT 5 XB ONE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
6 14 GRAND THEFT AUTO V PS3 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
18 15 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS XB ONE ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
7 16 ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG PS3 UBISOFT UBISOFT
24 17 ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG PS4 UBISOFT UBISOFT
12 18 FIFA 14 PS3 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
10 19 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS PS3 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
28 20 DEAD RISING 3 XB ONE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
11 21 JUST DANCE 2014 WII UBISOFT UBISOFT
29 22 NEED FOR SPEED: RIVALS PS4 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
16 23 NEED FOR SPEED: RIVALS XB360 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
20 24 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES XB360 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
27 25 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2014 PC SEGA SEGA
35 26 RYSE: SON OF ROME XB ONE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
39 27 ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG XB ONE UBISOFT UBISOFT
37 28 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES PS4 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
22 29 BATTLEFIELD 4 PS3 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
23 30 KILLZONE: SHADOW FALL PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
34 31 WWE 2K14 XB360 2K SPORTS TAKE 2
32 32 THE LAST OF US PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
25 33 NEED FOR SPEED: RIVALS PS3 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
40 34 SAINTS ROW IV XB360 DEEP SILVER KOCH MEDIA
31 35 BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS XB360 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
- 36 TOMB RAIDER XB360 SQUARE ENIX SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
- 37 ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES XB360 SEGA SEGA
30 38 ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
33 39 POKEMON X 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
26 40 KNACK PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Does anyone have any more details on the European retailer clearancing out their Wii U inventory?

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/01/european-mega-retailer-is-dumping-wii-u-inventory-at-99-euros-a-pop/

Most of the sites I am pulling up are foriegn and since I only speak American it's difficult. :p

Whenever Target or Walmart decide to ditch the platform for 99 bucks I'd pick it up assuming the games are clearanced off as well.

That is basically the European market ceding towards the Wii U imho. Which means it's dead there now.

That makes perfect sense because Nintendo's Presidents and CEO's will pretend it's doing fine until we see leaked pics of their next console, even then they would say it is still being supported for a long time. Most folks in USA can't grasp the concept, and most of them likely still think there is just 1 Wii.

If that is a legit website and a legit sale from a legit warehouse...it's like I've posted earlier in this thread and that is the Wii U for all intents and purposes stops producing content by the end of this year, and prepares its successor. That or they dive out of the home console market and do a sega. Either way you will get one for 100-125 on craigslist/ebay/store sale by sometime this year if I had to guess/predict, just be patient.

Have you played Nano Assault Neo yet? that was my favorite game when I first picked up my Wkk U.

That is basically the European market ceding towards the Wii U imho. Which means it's dead there now.

I don't believe you know what the word ceding means, and the phrase "ceding towards" makes no sense.

That makes perfect sense because Nintendo's Presidents and CEO's will pretend it's doing fine until we see leaked pics of their next console, even then they would say it is still being supported for a long time.

There's no point in leaking word or shots of a successor console with Nintendo's current 2014 release schedule. They're not going to undermine Mario Kart 8 and a new Smash game by suddenly announcing a new console, and they're not going to screw Wii U owners and new buyers over by moving those games to the new console--they've learned their lesson from the Gamecube to Wii transition.

I don't believe you know what the word ceding means, and the phrase "ceding towards" makes no sense.

They're forfeiting the European market, without Nintys consent. Because the Wii sold 10 to 1 against the Wii U...pretty obvious stuff here.

And if you would read the first couple of comments for that article, rather than post only the information you want, you would see that this might have been a one day sale rather than a clearance sale (which I'm sure you'd LOVE to see it be).

Hell, even the article has now been updated saying that they aren't sure whether this is a sale or clearance price.

Maybe you missed the first part where I asked if anyone had any more information other than what the story covered. When I posted the article it already had the UPDATE at the end, as I was specifically asking if it was a clearance or if it was just the one store.

Not being sure if it was a sale or clearance is pretty stupid, it was a clearance we are just not sure if it was company wide or that one store.

They're forfeiting the European market, without Nintys consent. Because the Wii sold 10 to 1 against the Wii U...pretty obvious stuff here.

Between the specious logic and the bad grammar, no, it really isn't obvious at all.

He's not worth responding to. His sentences are gibberish most of the time. As the article posted in the update (which he ignored), it was simply the equivalent of a Black Friday sale, not a stock clearance.

Not quite sure how someone could harbor such hatred to a game console...

If it ever did drop like that in price around here, I'd pick one up for my parents.

He's not worth responding to. His sentences are gibberish most of the time. As the article posted in the update (which he ignored), it was simply the equivalent of a Black Friday sale, not a stock clearance.

Not quite sure how someone could harbor such hatred to a game console...

If it ever did drop like that in price around here, I'd pick one up for my parents.

maybe the Wii U went back in time and did horrible things to him as a child?

maybe the Wii U went back in time and did horrible things to him as a child?

Did you get that update bro. :) Dec 28th sales just in, and things are looking great for the Wii U!

worldwide_totals.png

Maybe the PS5U was created and its codename was Skynet and it traveled back in time...

Ninty is the one trolling.

They predicted 5.5 million console sales by March 2013, they had 3.45 in sales. Still not even to that number there by today in Jan. 2014 as we can clearly see.

Now they predict 9 million by March 2014. That is trolling every Nintendo gamer with their prediction! Why because those Ninty fans will be VERY upset when they find out that the Wii U will never do 9 million by then. Now what I predict is my opinion, the fact that they undersell and will undersale has been proven to be a fact since its launch. If I say they're underselling then guess what? That is my opinion AND it also turns out to be a fact for the whole lifespan of the WIi U. I also don't sell consoles for a living/livelihood and depend on it, and make up grand lies like Nintendo has done with their predictions.

Nintendo is the one who's trolling everyone here by making egregious (outstandingly bad and shocking) claims to sales and failing at every point in time with their predictions, and not addressing their failures one bit.

Some people don't like the truth, and label the messenger because they can't accept the truth. Grow up.

Ninty is the one trolling.

They predicted 5.5 million console sales by March 2013, they had 3.45 in sales. Still not even to that number there by today in Jan. 2014 as we can clearly see.

Now they predict 9 million by March 2014. That is trolling every Nintendo gamer with their prediction! Why because those Ninty fans will be VERY upset when they find out that the Wii U will never do 9 million by then. Now what I predict is my opinion, the fact that they undersell and will undersale has been proven to be a fact since its launch. If I say they're underselling then guess what? That is my opinion AND it also turns out to be a fact for the whole lifespan of the WIi U. I also don't sell consoles for a living/livelihood and depend on it, and make up grand lies like Nintendo has done with their predictions.

Nintendo is the one who's trolling everyone here by making egregious (outstandingly bad and shocking) claims to sales and failing at every point in time with their predictions, and not addressing their failures one bit.

Some people don't like the truth, and label the messenger because they can't accept the truth. Grow up.

....Are you some people?

The Wonderful 101 is on sale on Amazon for $31. Fucking amazing game and a steal at that price.

Should just start reporting his posts as inflammatory... not really constructive...

Wondering how many people instead bought Wii U due to this thread...

Heh... playing mario 3d remotely from my gamepad... tempted to get a vita to do the same thing with the ps4, but not wanting to shill out $200 for it...

Should just start reporting his posts as inflammatory... not really constructive...

Wondering how many people instead bought Wii U due to this thread...

I did! :)

Love my Wii U

Got Mario 3d World and Wonderful 101 so far, also got my son the Mario controller and I am buying the Luigi controller today as my final controller until my wife finally decides she wants to play, than I will get her the pink controller.

I am kinda upset about having to wait until December 31, 2014 to get Mario Kart 8.

I did! :)

Love my Wii U

Got Mario 3d World and Wonderful 101 so far, also got my son the Mario controller and I am buying the Luigi controller today as my final controller until my wife finally decides she wants to play, than I will get her the pink controller.

I am kinda upset about having to wait until December 31, 2014 to get Mario Kart 8.

I thought it was coming in spring 2014

I thought it was coming in spring 2014
I saw that 12/31/14 date somewhere and then I saw the spring '14 date so I'm guessing (hoping) that the December date is just a temporary date meaning "some time in 2014".

I saw that 12/31/14 date somewhere and then I saw the spring '14 date so I'm guessing (hoping) that the December date is just a temporary date meaning "some time in 2014".

12/31 release dates are ALWAYS temporary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back