• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Vega Pre-Order Thread

Why will you pre-order AMD Vega?


  • Total voters
    183
  • Poll closed .
Why cry doesn't hype. But if he puts rumor it means he personally doesn't believe it and will put take it with grain of salt. Amd would be stupid to do this. Of Vega is really this great at mining why not enable it on fe edition and sell it for 1k instead of 399.99 and leave gaming alone.

Money is money. Besides, it might well be something that AMD needs to squeeze whatever performance out of the cards it can.
 
Why cry doesn't hype. But if he puts rumor it means he personally doesn't believe it and will put take it with grain of salt. Amd would be stupid to do this. Of Vega is really this great at mining why not enable it on fe edition and sell it for 1k instead of 399.99 and leave gaming alone.

Money is money. Besides, it might well be something that AMD needs to squeeze whatever performance out of the cards it can.

Mining money isn't great for AMD. It might look like a great deal for them right now, but it does nothing for them in the long run. Somebody over on another forum wrote a brilliant post explaining the reasons why it's not great for AMD, will find it and post it for you if you want. The main one was that the Mining market is so volatile, the second hand market is flooded with second hand AMD cards every time it goes bang. It does nothing for AMD's presence in the gaming market. In fact it makes it look worse, as their cards always look overpriced and out of stock. It pushes people to buy Nvidia.

There were more reasons, better explained, but that's the gist of it :)
 
Mining money isn't great for AMD. It might look like a great deal for them right now, but it does nothing for them in the long run. Somebody over on another forum wrote a brilliant post explaining the reasons why it's not great for AMD, will find it and post it for you if you want. The main one was that the Mining market is so volatile, the second hand market is flooded with second hand AMD cards every time it goes bang. It does nothing for AMD's presence in the gaming market. In fact it makes it look worse, as their cards always look overpriced and out of stock. It pushes people to buy Nvidia.

There were more reasons, better explained, but that's the gist of it :)


https://hardforum.com/threads/amd-r...icing-revealed.1940879/page-2#post-1043140568

I said right it here. Didn't talk about the retention numbers but its actually higher for nV cards right now as well. So AMD by not selling to gamers, people that would have bought AMD cards will buy nV cards, but not the 1070's or 1060 6b's, they can't get those either so the only option is the 1080's, which will be the same as the Vega 64. Now there is a problem here, that bump is a large bump its 100 bucks higher...... and if people interested in Vega 56 want Vega 64 because of the inability to get 56 due to mining, that's 100 bucks + possible power supply. Now if Vega 64 gets acceptable hashing rates for the power it uses, then the only option for gamers will be 1080. BTW there are alternative coins which the 1080 and 1080ti, respective to cost and power usage do just as well as Eth. This is also why I said the mining crazy won't stop after Eth goes POS. Expect it to last for at least a year after that happen, maybe longer.

anyway we look at it there will be no market share shifts if Vega is good with mining.
 
if thats the case ill buy your burnt out cards for $200 each

Nah, because if the card dies 10 years from now I don't need you shitposting about me.

I'd sooner swap to quad sli throughout the house... bbl briefing starting...
 
If it could really hash at 100 then miners will go nuts, we'll never be able to buy one.
 
I got a feeling this is going to turn into a $1,000 card within a week.
sigh
 
Thing that annoys me are the card scalpers. You know they swarm to any limit 1
zero day with friends, carnies, inbreds, and the homeless in tow. Next day they
are all unopened on Craigslist for +50% or more. Fact check: how many scalper
ads show new GPU box on someone's lap, in car, while still in store parking lot.

This was a problem long before mining...

Its no different than when rent scalpers buy your rental out from under you,
for no purpose but to raise the rent, because they can. Or when pharmabro
buys an underpriced drug, for no better purpose then to ripoff the dying. Its
all about the scalping, and I'm sick of it...

Jebus fork! It reminds me that day as an angry youth, I waited one day too
long to buy my Slayer tickets. And the scalper took me for every damn dime
I had in my pocket, pluss'n my immensely cool Slack Blabbathy TShirt. I'm
like what the hell am I supposed to wear, I can't go bareback. And he gives
me this sweaty tattered VanHalen shirt. and I'm the dumbass who wears it...
 
Last edited:
Thing that annoys me are the card scalpers. You know they swarm to any limit 1
zero day with friends, carnies, inbreds, and the homeless in tow. Next day they
are all unopened on Craigslist for +50% or more. Fact check: how many scalper
ads show new GPU box on someone's lap, in car, while still in store parking lot.

This was a problem long before mining...

Its no different than when rent scalpers buy your rental out from under you,
for no purpose but to raise the rent, because they can. Or when pharmabro
buys an underpriced drug, for no better purpose then to ripoff the dying. Its
all about the scalping, and I'm sick of it...

Jebus fork! It reminds me that day as an angry youth, I waited one day too
long to buy my Slayer tickets. And the scalper took me for every damn dime
I had in my pocket, pluss'n my immensely cool Slack Blabbathy TShirt. I'm
like what the hell am I supposed to wear, I can't go bareback. And he gives
me this sweaty tattered VanHalen shirt. and I'm the dumbass who wears it...

Dude Slayer shows are like when you pile everything at a buffet on your plate and pray its good... Definitely got ripped off... Then again, I guess that's a new analogy, RX Vega is the Slayer Concert of video cards....
 
Wasn't even a shirt, more like a tanktop.

Buy scalped Vega, end up in a VH tanktop with balding mullet, don't say you weren't warned...

sabotage.jpg VHtank.jpg
 
Last edited:
Vega 56 if it gets good hash rates in mining, and if good I will get quite a few of em.
Please list your current running gpu list just for the record lol;) Sounds liike you own more amd gpus than nvidia lol
 
Scalpers suck. Period.
Miners suck if they buy in bulk, burn them out and try to get market price from "lightly mined with" GPUs.
Only way to fix it is massive production of them.
That and saturate the crypto market.

Make crypto currency more worthless than Venezuela currency. But that won't happen for a while.
 
Please list your current running gpu list just for the record lol;) Sounds liike you own more amd gpus than nvidia lol


Currently have 78 rx 580's, 6 cards per rig 13 rigs and 78 gtx 1070's, 6 cards per rig 13 rigs, right in the middle, lol, but I just bought another stock of 30 gtx 1070's

Main reason I'm getting only nV cards right now and possibly Vega, is because some of the other Alt coins getting close to the profitability of Eth, so I want to keep my options open. The other Alt coins uses miners that either don't work on AMD cards or the versions that don't work as well.
 
Heard that the aluminum brushed cards are limited edition. I really wanna get in on that.
 
Currently have 78 rx 580's, 6 cards per rig 13 rigs and 78 gtx 1070's, 6 cards per rig 13 rigs, right in the middle, lol, but I just bought another stock of 30 gtx 1070's

Main reason I'm getting only nV cards right now and possibly Vega, is because some of the other Alt coins getting close to the profitability of Eth, so I want to keep my options open. The other Alt coins uses miners that either don't work on AMD cards or the versions that don't work as well.
lol the stock holders of BOTH camps just love you! idk why i thought you owned less that 50 cards....but know your looking to get over 200 in operation. WTF is your electric bill?
 
electric bill is close to 2k right now, rigs alone its 1625, I've been looking for a warehouse or basement rental place, hard to find with the power requirements lol.
 
electric bill is close to 2k right now, rigs alone its 1625, I've been looking for a warehouse or basement rental place, hard to find with the power requirements lol.

I almost got kicked out of my house after 4 rigs. LOL. I don't even know where to put anymore. In summer its like hot as hell! Wife was like no more! I was like yes mam. So I just started trading on gdax with another 10k. So far I am up 2500 in 3 weeks after ups and downs. Made 330 since yesterday. Waiting for it to dip again.
 
thats why I'm not married lol, no one tells me what to do hehe.

But yeah its been pretty nice profits wise over the past 2 months ;)
 
Holy cow 200 graphics cards!? I thought I was overdoing it with my SLI setup. Sheesh. I hope you have been able to recover the cost of all those GPUs razor1! I'm surprised people aren't asking questions with that kind of power bill.
 
so far got about half of it back :), by end of this year should have it all back and then some ;) but if mining keeps going I'm just going to reinvest as much as I can.
 
so far got about half of it back :), by end of this year should have it all back and then some ;) but if mining keeps going I'm just going to reinvest as much as I can.
Yeah that's about the position I'm in also, on a much smaller scale. I thinking about setting up a dual Vega rig. I just don't trust the rumors yet. They sound too good to be true. The Vega FE cards only get 30mh/s.
 
goign to try and preorder 2 of them. 56 and the liquid cooled card, ill keep the 56 for mining, keep the AIO card sealed and wait for reviews. if magic unicorns fly and its as good as 1080ti (which it wont be) ill keep it. otherwise, return it or sell it AT COST to someone else that cant get one.
 
goign to try and preorder 2 of them. 56 and the liquid cooled card, ill keep the 56 for mining, keep the AIO card sealed and wait for reviews. if magic unicorns fly and its as good as 1080ti (which it wont be) ill keep it. otherwise, return it or sell it AT COST to someone else that cant get one.

sadly I don't think there is going to be any preordering. I am ordering one just to try it out. I will sell it back at cost if I don't like it. Vega 56 won't be here until few weeks after vega 64 I think.
 
I am just hoping I will actually be able to get one. I prefer the watercooled 64 but will take what ever I can get at the moment.
 
sadly I don't think there is going to be any preordering. I am ordering one just to try it out. I will sell it back at cost if I don't like it. Vega 56 won't be here until few weeks after vega 64 I think.

Seems that both 56 and 64 are coming out on August 14th. (Or at least reviews?) No differentiation between launch dates, checking Anandtech and Pcper.
 
Seems that both 56 and 64 are coming out on August 14th. (Or at least reviews?) No differentiation between launch dates, checking Anandtech and Pcper.
No anandtech does say Vega 56 coming at a later date. It's towards the end. I am pretty sure of it. I read the article.
 
awesome miner its just a monitoring software. If you get the upgraded packages that can let you control all your rigs from one comp though. I don't really use it for that, cause my rigs are in my house, so I just remote into my comps through teamviewer and do any changes that way, just easier for me.
 
electric bill is close to 2k right now, rigs alone its 1625, I've been looking for a warehouse or basement rental place, hard to find with the power requirements lol.


You need to get an over supply of solar, and enough of those tesla power walls to power the mines at night with the excess stored energy. You probably won't make the money back, so get the solar roof so it at least looks pretty.
 
electric bill is close to 2k right now, rigs alone its 1625, I've been looking for a warehouse or basement rental place, hard to find with the power requirements lol.

How many amps do you have on your breaker? I have a 100amp main, and put in two 20amp 220v lines (the wiring is only for 15amps though), so I'm staying under 3Kw per line. Not really much room for more.
 
have 2 mains has 300 amps and 200 amp, my house has 20 amps per room, just upgraded them to 30 amp breakers though, my basement has 4 30 amps.
 
Last edited:
You need to get an over supply of solar, and enough of those tesla power walls to power the mines at night with the excess stored energy. You probably won't make the money back, so get the solar roof so it at least looks pretty.

This really depends on where you live.

If you are in Ontario, Canada, electricity is a lot cheaper at night. If you are under industrial pricing then electricity is practically free at night.
 
have 2 mains has 300 amps and 200 amp, my house has 20 amps per room, just upgraded them to 30 amp breakers though, my basement has 4 30 amps.

How big is your house? I have about 30 cards in the basement but have some airflow issues.

The breaker room has all the amps I need but it doesnt have any windows. The other side of the basement has windows but the outlets on that side is on a single breaker.
 
~7000 square feet + basement. The two mains come in from both sides of the house, one is in the basement the other one is in the furnace room.

yeah my basement gets pretty warm, only have two windows in there, I put in some ventilation fans in there to get the air flow going, so it stays around 85 F now. Without the rigs the basement even in the summer time used to stay around 60 F, so its a good amount of heat being pumped in there :)
 
Does anyone know if there will be a pre-order period or will the cards actually be available to ship on Aug 14th?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top