The Sinking City

Seems they need to work on a few collision models but otherwise looks good.

Have been really curious about this. Reviews seem generally good, although I guess there are some technical quirks.

Looks intriguing and mysterious. Can see why people like it!

It's like the sherlock holmes games. It's decent for one playthrough, but the gameplay isn't super special.

Yeah, the game has issues just like their prior games. None are game breaking or ruin it though. This isn't some AAA title by a big publisher. It's a small independent studio.

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit myself. They've taken the concepts they've slowly built on in their prior sherlock holmes games and made something that is different from everything else out there.

Considering I got the game for only like $34 during the Epic sale a month back, and it also included their prior sherlock holmes game that I enjoyed quite a bit - It was well worth the money I spent on it.

I just picked this up, and I'm liking it.

I never played their Sherlock games, so I can't compare this to them. It's like Skyrim, but with guns and monsters, and set in the 20's, and has an insanity system kinda like Amnesia.

As for gameplay, After turning the sensitivity up, the movement is a lot better, and I haven't ran into any bugs, they seem to of patched most of them out.

I just want to play the game hell with Breach of Contract.

Just read the paperwork seems like they had some ownership over the title or something and
they went ballistic from missing payments to the sole owner of the series.

You could buy it a few hours ago but it was taken down the store page is up but no option to purchase.

Nacon put their version of the game up for sale on Steam again despite ongoing legal challenges from developer Frogwares. Frogwares has advised everybody to not purchase it and promises more news soon. The version put up for sale is behind on patches and does not include all content.

https://twitter.com/Frogwares/status/1365385278140133378

1614369520746.png

LOL, this is really weird. I still want to play this game at some point, so I guess I'll just hold tight. Maybe with some luck it'll come to GamePass or something.

I'm buying it this time lol only 16.00 I'm sure they put their hearts into and the Lawsuit is just someone trying to get money.

I wouldn't buy the steam version if it's largely unpatched. At release the game was a buggy mess. Thankfully, I have the real version already on Epic. It's not bad. It's not great either. I think their Sherlock Holmes games are better.

This is NOT the version from Frogwares, DO NOT BUY IT
From their twitter :

"Frogwares has not created the version of @thesinkingcity that is today on sale on @Steam. We do not recommend the purchase of this version. More news soon."

If you have the platform, you should instead buy it on PS5 which will give the money directly to Frogwares or wait for a proper release from them on Steam

This is NOT the version from Frogwares, DO NOT BUY IT
From their twitter :

"Frogwares has not created the version of @thesinkingcity that is today on sale on @Steam. We do not recommend the purchase of this version. More news soon."

If you have the platform, you should instead buy it on PS5 which will give the money directly to Frogwares or wait for a proper release from them on Steam
Four posts above you, my dude.

Good grief what a freaking mess. I really want to get this game but want a proper pc version with all updates, DLC and cloud saves.

60 reviews

icon_thumbsUp_v6.png
icon_review_steam.png
Recommended
1.6 hrs on record (1.5 hrs at review time)
POSTED: FEBRUARY 26
Claims about early build are false! Game has dlc outfits that came with latest updates, also include Worshippers of the Necronomicon dlc.

Was this review helpful?
Yes No Funny Award
2 people found this review helpful

60 reviews
View attachment 334124
View attachment 334125
Recommended
1.6 hrs on record (1.5 hrs at review time)
POSTED: FEBRUARY 26
Claims about early build are false! Game has dlc outfits that came with latest updates, also include Worshippers of the Necronomicon dlc.

Was this review helpful?
Yes No Funny Award
2 people found this review helpful
Please don't give Nacon any money for this game. Doesn't matter if the game is up to date or not. They are taking advantage of COVID-19 contract exemption laws in France to keep swindling money that should be going to Frogwares.

There are a couple of places that still have the Epic store day one edition that has the pre order bonuses. I bought that last night for around $11 and hopefully when it returns to the Epic store they will offer the DLC.

if the money is not going to the developer AND they are advising people not to buy their game I would not buy it no matter how good it might be

Well this seems very strange. I already bought the game on the Epic store but there is no story DLC so I bought a Steam key from GMG since the Steam version has the story DLC. Well I fired up the game on Steam and it uses the freaking save from Epic store as all my settings were already set and I could continue where I left off. I wonder if the story DLC will even be there as I will be pissed if I paid for nothing.

EDIT: So if I play the Steam version of the game then try to play the Epic version after that it will give me the cloud sync conflict warning as the local save got updated on Steam...

Last edited:
Wow, nacon makes Chris Roberts look like a truthful and credible guy.

Wow, nacon is in some deep shit. Hopefully justice will be served.

Article to go with the video. Includes the pictures from the video in their findings.
https://frogwares.com/how-nacon-cracked-and-pirated-the-sinking-city/
Doesn't seem as clear cut as they make it out to be. There is more to this than meets the eye. If they contracted for a steam version of the game why didn't they deliver it? Why does the publisher has to demand it and set ultimatums?
Also if the publisher is the rights manager of the game, they can obtain a pirated version without breaking the law as they have distribution rights. Piracy is copying intellectual property without permission. But they gave permission to nacon when they contracted them as their distributor / publisher.

Doesn't seem as clear cut as they make it out to be. There is more to this than meets the eye. If they contracted for a steam version of the game why didn't they deliver it? Why does the publisher has to demand it and set ultimatums?
Also if the publisher is the rights manager of the game, they can obtain a pirated version without breaking the law as they have distribution rights. Piracy is copying intellectual property without permission. But they gave permission to nacon when they contracted them as their distributor / publisher.
Read more here:
https://frogwares.com/the-sinking-city-is-being-delisted-heres-why/

The attempt to release the game on the platform Utomik by Nacon triggered a termination clause in their contract that went into effect on April 20, 2020. The termination of the contract removed any obligation for a Steam version to be delivered. Nacon tried to use COVID-19 emergency protection laws in France to say the contract could not be terminated. However, on July 17, 2020 a judge rejected Nacon's argument opposing the termination as they put in a force majeure clause that was triggered by the COVID-19 outbreak.

The IP of The Sinking City is wholly owned and controlled by Frogwares. The publishing deal with Nacon was only for advertisement and distribution of the video game across platforms set in the contract. Nacon breached the contract when they initially attempted to distribute the game on a platform that was not included in the contract terms.

Read more here:
https://frogwares.com/the-sinking-city-is-being-delisted-heres-why/

The attempt to release the game on the platform Utomik by Nacon triggered a termination clause in their contract that went into effect on April 20, 2020. The termination of the contract removed any obligation for a Steam version to be delivered. Nacon tried to use COVID-19 emergency protection laws in France to say the contract could not be terminated. However, on July 17, 2020 a judge rejected Nacon's argument opposing the termination as they put in a force majeure clause that was triggered by the COVID-19 outbreak.

The IP of The Sinking City is wholly owned and controlled by Frogwares. The publishing deal with Nacon was only for advertisement and distribution of the video game across platforms set in the contract. Nacon breached the contract when they initially attempted to distribute the game on a platform that was not included in the contract terms.
Well, this is clearly a court case now. One party says the contract was terminated the other says it wasn't. Nacon might have thought they can get away with it because big screws small. All they need is a judge who says the contract didn't terminate when Frogwares says it did. Business culture at its best.

Back