The Silverstone Gallery *post your Silverstone case here*

Long time lurker, proud father of this rusted hulk FT01.

barnfind.jpg

barnfind2.jpg

barnfind3.jpg

barnfind4.jpg

I love the TJ07 so much, and I love how it's still such a popular case to mod. It's just an elegant and streamlined case.

Very cool pic.. I assume that was somehow done with painting.

It was. Since aluminum doesn't naturally rust, I used a special iron based paint from modern masters...several layers to build up a more bumpy, rusty texture, followed by a rust activator. After that, I used a regular house type paint for the front, sanded some off, then reapplied some iron paint for the worn look. It took a lot of work, but I'm pleased with the results.

If you put tubes in it, try and make them light up (i.e., look like they're working), it would add to the look so much.

Got bored one day and decided to do some modding. I started with making holes in them motherboard tray to pass cables and powder coated it.

Then, sleeved all cable with Murdermod (MDPC) sleeves. It was a pain in the _ss to do sleeving as it was my first time.

Changed all the fans in the casing to Yate Loon Blue LED High Speed fans including the fan in CM V8. Also modded the fan casing to hide the cables.

Did some cutting at the back of the HDD casing of TJ10 so that I will be able to place 3 HD with the connectors facing back.

Here r the pictures

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Project NOTalis - by MNPCTech and E.E.L. Ambiense

Finished mod over a two-day jam-session mod collaboration. Silverstone SG05 modified.

We're deliberately linking the case mod movie off-site, so you can watch in HD.

Watch "Project NOTalis: The Case Mod Movie" in HD

and the finished project photos.

rusted_case_mod_mnpctech.com8.jpg

rusted_case_mod_mnpctech.com1.jpg

rusted_case_mod_mnpctech.com2.jpg

rusted_case_mod_mnpctech.com3.jpg

rusted_case_mod_mnpctech.com4.jpg

rusted_case_mod_mnpctech.com6.jpg

rusted_case_mod_mnpctech.com7.jpg

rusted_case_mod_mnpctech.com9.jpg

Thank you!!!!

LCD display is alphacool with its original software, and the fan controller are akasa with the front panel painted.
The switchs turn on and off the neon. Left for UV and right for white.

bye

Nice photos, fellas. I still love the look of the TJ09 and kind of miss mine even though it was not the best case for wire management. I should get off my ass and post pics of my RV02.

Regularly build PCs for small businesses, and used to build them into Antec NSK3480. However, decided to start using the Silverstone SG05. It's really a heck of a case. Easy to work with, and the included fan is high quality and silent, which means I don't need to shell out $20 for a 3rd party fan.

pcfrontside.jpg

pcrear.jpg

pcinsidea.jpg

Thermalright AXP-140 semi-passively cools the CPU (Intel Core2DUO E7500)
pcinsideb.jpg

pcinsidec.jpg

^ Working on an Sg-05 build at the moment, unfortunately I'm waiting for the rest of the bits (due to the weather here).

i3crp1.jpg

20qlwxw.jpg

xn6wxl.jpg

nlr8cm.jpg

PSU

2djpfdf.jpg

Last edited:
I know this isn't the best image, but here:

the front 3.5" slot adaptor is removed, to allow better airflow to my HDD, which I mounted up there (IDE HDD with IDE optical drive, lol).

Black SG02.

This is a custom window ive made for my TJ09, im making a jig so i can quickly make more, and then i engrave them, i would like to just be able to change the window on the side panel when ever i want.
DSCF8277.jpg

DSCF8264.jpg

//Stock window
DSCF8262.jpg

waiting for the FT-02 builds... I'll be posting mine as soon as its up and running!

For all you TJ-07 owners out there, a quick question: The spec for the case says there is space for (2) 92mm fans on the rear panel is this the case. Maybe its just me, but alot of the photos I see look like larger 120mm fans? Can someone confirm their size for me?

TIA
WooD

For all you TJ-07 owners out there, a quick question: The spec for the case says there is space for (2) 92mm fans on the rear panel is this the case. Maybe its just me, but alot of the photos I see look like larger 120mm fans? Can someone confirm their size for me?

TIA
WooD

No, they are in fact the smaller 92mm fans.

does anyone know where I could get Silverstone wallpaper? I'm looking for a black brushed aluminum background with the silverstone oval logo in the center...

Back