The race to 4 billion

lassiterb

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2009
We are on the verge of being overtaken by team EVGA, however we can deliver one last poke in the eye by beating them to 4 billion before they overtake us. The race is close, we can do it, pull out all the stops. Push with everything you've got. MOAR D!!!!

Track the race here

Team stats (hardfolding.com), (eoc stats)

Push [H]ard!

edit:
We did it
tcertphpu33pts4000853520.jpg

Last edited:
I just brought 4 - I7 860's online running the linux smp client

Does anyone else have anything they can bring online at least temporarily to help us hit 4 billion first?

Last edited:
I giving her all she has captain! the heat sink on the warp drive is glowing red.

I've got a Second SR-2 that should be coming online tomorrow.

didn tyou just get one ??? hell i dont know anymore this team is full of the dam things

and all ahead full!

I just got my main rig back up and folding too - I7 860 @ 3.8GHz + 2xGTX460

Bringing an SR-2 online this week....hopefully :)
/crosses fingers

didn tyou just get one ??? hell i dont know anymore this team is full of the dam things

and all ahead full!

I got one a few months back, but I grabbed the deal at newegg, so my second SR-2 will be showing up tomorrow.

:D

I have two X5550s looking for a temporary home - good for 50K ppd on good units and 30K ppd on bad ones. If you have a spare dual skt 1366 board, let me know. Hell, if you have a spare X58 board or two that you are willing to run full bore through 4 billion, let me know. These are a bit pricey for a single quad-core systems as a long-term thing, but I would love to get them folding again temporarily.

I have SR-2 #2 coming in tomorrow, so dual hex #3 should be up tomorrow or Thursday. I have two Xeons selling on Ebay Sunday, which will mean one or two more GTX 460s next week. I have jebo's little I7 920 cranking out 34K+ ppd on P2692s. Everything else has stablized and is running full speed ahead. I should dump 3 2684s in the next 24 hours, so lets hope for better work units on my hex/dual hex machines.

That is about all I can do at the moment...

I just brought 4 - I7 860's online running the linux smp client

Does anyone else have anything they can bring online at least temporarily to help us hit 4 billion first?

My folding rig (warrior in sig)has got problems at the moment so its only running the x6 on 5 cores and 1 GTX 275, the 2 x 250's and 460 are idle:mad:. In the meantime i've brought my daily rig online for most of the day with an 8800GTX and a uni client, total PPD at the mo is a modest 20k. I'm hoping to have a look at warrior tomorrow and get her running at ful - she'll be good for 42k then:cool:

More coming too :D I don't think any other team has as many SR-2s as us, even better most of us have hexas for 24 cores of awesomesauce :D
Should have mine up tonight or tomorrow and should be full blast sometime Thursday once I get my oc dialed in. :)

I get paid on Thursday of this week. I will attempt to get something, but I don't have anything I can bring to bear that I don't already have.

My second bigadv machine should be coming online in the next few days. I'm just waiting on the RAM and HD to arrive (hopefully today).

but [H]K hasn't really posted any all day...looks like he's down to a GTX 460 or something similar

My stats have been a bit low the past few days as well :mad: The 3 machines I was using at work got put into production use so I had to grudgingly remove F@H on them and my i7 is having cooling issues (stupid Thermaltake POS water cooling). Good news is that I just pulled the trigger on a H50, some AS5 and a lapping kit to get my i7 up to 4ghz and folding some bigadv goodness!

I managed to get a Q8400 up,usually don´t use it but guess it can go for a week or so.
with two 9800gt´s it some more.

He posted at the 6pm update.

Probably had SMP issues, as I did this afternoon....had an i7 sitting idle with no work. :eek:

He posted at the 6pm update.

Probably had SMP issues, as I did this afternoon....had an i7 sitting idle with no work. :eek:

I still have some machines with no work and none of the 670x's that were finished since this morning have been able to send yet.....

At least a few of them were able to get new WU's though.

Just paid for my very own "special" hex core... Was kind of hoping I was gonna lose the auction but I didn't..

For the horde right?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

servers are giving work again it seems, i got a WU in the last 1/2 hour(was watching house so i dont know when, but it was within the last 30 min)

Is it me, or have we pushed them back to 4+ weeks to overtake? Based on what we have been doing lately it seems that we have narrowed the gap quite a bit.

Just paid for my very own "special" hex core... Was kind of hoping I was gonna lose the auction but I didn't..

For the horde right?

Congrats on winning the auction. :)

I know that feeling you were having though, but another hex core for the team couldn't be coming at a more important time than now.

For the horde right?

So you were the person who outbid me? :mad: ;) I made an offer on a Buy It Now that was accepted, so I finally have a second one coming.

I'm going to sell the 9800GX2s to make room for some of the new stuff. Since they don't seem to sell here they're going straight to eBay.

I think most of HK's points come from GPUs, so the SMP shortage shouldn't have affected him. I've been running at full speed today, more or less.

servers are giving work again it seems, i got a WU in the last 1/2 hour(was watching house so i dont know when, but it was within the last 30 min)

Yep I just saw the same thing. I reset a few of them and all the WU's I had queued up sent.

I did get 670x's though, but I'll take that over having nothing to work on.

2.4 weeks

See that's the thing, if you look at the point diff and what we have been doing over the last few days, they aren't getting the big days against us. I am not going off avg for 24 hr, I am looking at the stats for the last week+.

At 7.5 mil PPD it will take us roughly 20.8 days to reach 4 bil, and EVGA is supposed to overtake us in 17-18 days. It will be super close!!

I am already OC'ed and folding with all that I have outside of buying new hardware which I can't afford right now :( Just started a new job, will see how much my weekly pay amounts to... I can almost taste an L5460 special edition :) + mobo + vid card +high wattage PSU = significant PPD increase rapidly fading into the horizon...

yes, they've been at 2+ weeks for like 3 weeks now, so yea

Also, no, I didnt outbid anyone lol, I made an offer on the 350 buy it now for 335 and he took it. I'm thinking if I sell one of my 5530's and my i7, run the other 5530 in my gamer rig, then I may have enough for a dual hex rig, but then it's quits for me, no more upgrades for a good long while

Back