The question: Gonna get Vista?

Will you get Vista for gaming? (or any other reason)

• Yes, sometime soon

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • No, not anytime soon

Votes: 44 27.8%
  • Never!!

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • When the DX10 titles start rolling out then I will.

Votes: 55 34.8%
  • What's Vista? Is that a mexican food dish?

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
prob around nov of this year, if it seems stable and isnt as big a resource hog as everyone says it is and DX10 is all that.. if not then XP for me till my next computer (2 years or so)

Probably within a few months here. Gonna be building the new rig with tax return money, so I might as well.

Yeah, I already have a full copy of Vista Business that I got for free.

Whether or not I'm actually gonna use it is still up in the air right now and it's not on the top of my list of things to do since I'm moving today.

Which reminds me....I should get the whole moving thing underway. lol

One day, I'm sure I will. I'm holding onto XP until I have to have DX10, though.

I am going to wait until I head back to school, rather teachers college, so I get it for free. My choice wasn't up there, so I went with the Mexican dish one. :p

maybe in a month or two, when im not so backed up cash wise, and they work out driver kinks and some of the other major early bugs that tend to make it past beta...

Until there's a compelling reason to upgrade, I am holding off. The only particularly impressive addition as I see it is dx10. I'll wait to see what kind of impact we actually see from that. After the dx9 vs dx10 articles come out, I'll see what kind of performance difference dx10 actually makes. If it's major, I'll consider upgrading when dx10 titles come out that truly take advantage of it, but until then, I see no reason to switch from XP.

I have access (and have had it for awhile) to a free copy of Vista Business, but I am in no rush to upgrade. I do a lot of coursework with tools which dont yet play well with Vista. Also I am still upset that Vista RC1 managed to somehow destabilize my XP install that was on a completely different disk.

Not anytime soon for me.

windows 2000:cool::cool:

lol that is how i was until i discovered Ubuntu. I changed all my old Win 2k systems over to Ubuntu and i love it! I still dual boot 2k though, i only have two machines with XP, one being my laptop that i dual book Ubuntu on, (only reason is it came with XP) and the other is my Media Center PC that i love to death!

But im not in the market for a new operating system any time soon. Ill probibly build a new gaming rig in the next year or so, so maybe by then i might decide to get Vista, but we will see.... Im in no rush.

I have access (and have had it for awhile) to a free copy of Vista Business, but I am in no rush to upgrade. I do a lot of coursework with tools which dont yet play well with Vista. Also I am still upset that Vista RC1 managed to somehow destabilize my XP install that was on a completely different disk.

Not anytime soon for me.
I remember someone telling me about things like that. The Vista beta was best installed on a new HDD with all your other disks disconnected. When I had a beta test I just unplugged my sata and plugged in a second one and all was good.

the best advice anyone should give in computers is "if its working dont fuck with it". once the games are here making my eyes pop out then and only then would I upgrade. if no popping occurs I will stay with current options

Once some numbers for the new 8800 drivers come back (and I finish paying off my misc. wedding expenses) I'll likely grab it.
It's not urgent and I might end up waiting a few months, but pretty soon.

Voted "Yes, sometime soon" because I have a free copy from MS due 6-8 weeks from...today.

edit: but probably won't be making the switch til June.

I don't think it'll be anytime soon for me. I'm planning on putting together a new rig quite soon but I'm going to wait until some of the bugs and drivers are ironed out of Vista before I try it. I'm perfectly happy with XP right now and I'm not in any particular rush to go and upgrade my OS.

That being said, I don't see myself using Vista before the summer, at the earliest.

I'm already running it on 4 pc's and have been since August... love it...

As I usually do with new technology, I will sit and wait for the kinks to get worked out.

Nope, no time soon.

Maybe next year after graduating from college I'll build a new desktop with Vista.

Sometime soon for me. Possibly even with my next paycheck. I'm liking the media extender options for my 360, and it seems like it would be kinda pointless to shell out $ for MCE now...

I plan to build a new system in the next few months and I'll probably throw Vista on it. Fresh start with a new OS, so I won't have any reservations to switch back to XP as I won't be able to compare the two directly.

As soon as my vendor gets me a free copy and Sup Comm comes I'm out i'm on it like white on rice.

I'll be getting Vista sooner than later, maybe in the next month or so.

I don't game on the PC much, so DX10 isn't THAT huge of a thing to me.

I guess I'm just lookin' for something new.

where is the "i already have it" option?

Got 10 copies of business sitting next to me right now along with 10 copies of office 2k7. Going to load it on my main machine prob this weekand. Need to get some time to do it. Another 2 sets are for my boss who I'm going to reload 2 systems for with vista and the rest are for whatever I need them for.

This isn't a question for any big time computer game. Vista is a must.

I didn't see an option for "When there's an actual reason besides having DX10" so I didn't vote.

don't really see a need for it..maybe sometime after DX10 support is in full swing

I already have two copies of VistaBusiness and plan on getting two HomePremium and one Ultimate..

lol im a douch!

This summer, hopefully. It'd be nice to see some updates, along as some great reviews on it, along with a price drop.

Got 10 copies of business sitting next to me right now along with 10 copies of office 2k7. Going to load it on my main machine prob this weekand. Need to get some time to do it. Another 2 sets are for my boss who I'm going to reload 2 systems for with vista and the rest are for whatever I need them for.

wanna send a one of those copies of office over this way? ;)

I've been on it for a few days now, love it. The OS itself is more stable and has so many nice additions, plus I'm all set for DX10 games as they come, such as Supreme Commander, which comes out February 21st. I'm running an 8800GTS, so I'm DX10-capable :D!

The answer: I've had it for a while now... but I still have XP on another partition for gaming. :)

Back