• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

The Outlet Wall

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Yes, I said the outlet wall not “mall.” This is the greatest invention ever…for a single guy….with no kids….no sense of style….no girlfriend….and a nerd (aka, one of us!). I like it!
 
It's obvious most of them aren't even wired.

The cake is a lie.
 
I'm going to go with that it's an outlet wallpaper with the plugs stuck in the wall like that.

As for a functional outlet array, I'm going to shoot that down as fake.



All he needs is a box of knifes and one can really have fun playing shocker board on that thing (if it was real).
 
All on the same circuit. :D

FFffffffzzzzzzzzzzttttttt!!

I have National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation in my head where Chase plugged in hundreds of Christmas lights on the same circuit.
 
damn, I hope he lives in a warm climate because I get some nasty drafts via my wall outlets in the winter. I couldn't imagine a whole wall full of them lol
 
damn, I hope he lives in a warm climate because I get some nasty drafts via my wall outlets in the winter. I couldn't imagine a whole wall full of them lol

Perhaps you should look into insulating your walls? :p


I'd hate to be the one that had to wire if it were real.
 
probably a fake. the cost would astronomical, the wiring would make an OCD person cry.
 
probably a fake. the cost would astronomical, the wiring would make an OCD person cry.

lol, according to the article:

Of course you don’t have to actually wire all the outlets on the whole wall for electricity, but you’d better come up with a good way to remember which ones are live.
 
I was thinking why didn't he use a 4-plug faceplate instead of 2? You'd need less boxes and faceplates!
 
Somebody call his local electrical inspector for goodness' sakes. There's no way that's code compliant. This picture has fire fighters and electricians all over the world cringing.
 
hah.. it would definitely make setting up my entertainment center a bit more convenient. I would hope that if all of those are live there there's at least a 30-40 amp breaker for that circuit, hah. Also, I would still want a surge protector for all my stuff, so I'd still have power strips coming off the wall which would make my OCD friends go crazy, haha.
 
Looks photoshopped to me. Look at the shadows from the things plugged in. They all appear to be perfectly centered under the plugs.

No double/multiple shadows from multiple light sources either.

And the picture is very grainy to boot.
 
I vote for fake! If you look at the PS3 it reflects the cases right there very clear... and shows a white blank wall in the background.
 
I need that in my basement so freaking bad :D. These old houses were not built for my life style.
 
Due to the fact that this would be breaking so many codes to install I too detect the scent of fake.
 
did you guys look at the website? It's definitely a fake and not supposed to be real... a "concept" if you will
 
if you think this is a bad idea, his bathroom has 3 toilets on each wall, but only one of them works.
 
Umm, I'll stick with the Induction idea. Thank You.

:rolleyes.
Who said designers knew what they were doing?
 
Back
Top