The original apple band VS the third-party band

lyana

n00b
As we all know, Apple is not the only company with Apple Watch band, there are some cool third-party options. Then for you, do you like to buy the original Apple band , or the third-party band on amazon or eaby.;);)

I have one of the milanese loop clones that was $30 on Amazon and I really like it. My mom got the Apple stainless steel milanese loop with her watch and it is very nice - but not four times as nice :)

Not all 3rd party bands are made the same. Read the reviews. And with Amazon binning different suppliers kit into the same pile in their warehouses, it can be a crap shoot as to what you actually get, but I lucked out with mine. It's over 7 months old and not showing any wear.

Some people are very particular as to what type of strap they want on a watch. If the selection Apple offers doesn't appeal to them, they're the ones most likely to buy one of the third party straps.Besides,sometimes the third party straps colour will look better and more style. For exzample I bought a third party watch band of jisoncase on amazon a while ago,.the brown looks good and the vintage style is what i want. (y)

I stopped using the silicone band as it was making my wrist much more sweaty, especially as temps rise here in VA. I bought a third party nylon band, and it's alright. Can't beat it for $10.

I've bought a 3rd party stainless link, Milanese loop, and a silicone one. I haven't been happy with any of them. The silicon one feels too stiff and thin compared to the Apple ones, the milanese felt like it was made out of plastic, and the stainless link had too much anodizing on it and the moving links just don't slide well.

I will never buy a replica of an Apple band again.

Hah! I just realized today that there were 3rd party alternatives. I wasn't so thrilled with the way the silicone band that came with my watch buckled, so I bought a nylon one for $50 at the Apple Store! I saw a nearly identical looking band on Amazon for $9.88 and I'm curious to try it! If/when it's time for a new band, I think I will give the third parties a chance!

My wrist sweats a lot. Will the nike ones make a difference? With all the holes it should allow airflow I guess? Anyone have those bands?

My wrist sweats a lot. Will the nike ones make a difference? With all the holes it should allow airflow I guess? Anyone have those bands?

I got my watch with the Nike band about 7 months ago and I really like it. I wear my watch 24/7 (minus charging it every 2 or 3 days) and the band isn't even starting to show any signs of wear. I chose it over the normal silicone band because I thought it looked too plain and was worried about moisture retention.
It's the only Apple Watch band I've ever had so I can't directly compare it with other varieties, but I am happy with the increased airflow and that it's very light weight. The only place I occasionally get moisture retention is where the band doubles up at the fastener.

Back