• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Order: 1886


Sadly it's basically true. Or at the very least an incomplete game.

Why anyone bothers with QTEs is something I'll never understand, either.





For posterity it says:

Ready at Dawn

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is an old revision of this page, as edited by 71.71.194.51 (talk) at 16:19, 19 February 2015 (←Replaced content with 'Ready at Dawn just wasted three years of their lives making a 6-hour game. Shameful.'). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the current revision.

(diff) ← Previous revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Ready at Dawn just wasted three years of their lives making a 6-hour game. Shameful.
 
So I don't think anyone is going to bother defending the order now that the reviews are out.

AKKU9xx.gif

c279fb3ce0.gif
 
Last edited:
I'm curious to see how negative reviews will affect sales when the game itself had a ton of hype for it. I'm also looking forward to hear what the developer has to say if the sales don't come through. I'm thinking something along the lines of 'pre-release footage causing prejudice' to the game.
 
I'm curious to see how negative reviews will affect sales when the game itself had a ton of hype for it. I'm also looking forward to hear what the developer has to say if the sales don't come through. I'm thinking something along the lines of 'pre-release footage causing prejudice' to the game.

That would just be shoving their foot further into their mouth. People don't mind a short game if the quality and story are there. Also no one spending $60 on a game wants to be told they are planning a game wrong if they beat it "too quickly" or something like that.
 
Last edited:
Always thought the combat looked generic and boring. Guess I wasn't wrong.
 
Damn, the comments section at Gamespot broke the site for a little while, there's like 3600 comments on the review and the number climbing in realtime. I saw one reference to this game as "PS4's Ryse moment".

Who knows maybe I'll still play this someday, if it can be gotten inexpensively on PSN or something
 
Yeah. Review embargo, rumors about length, devs on the defensive, a certain video game forum whose name ends in GAF going full damage control, talk of bullies, haterade and cinematic experiences. This is not looking good.

I'm very eager to see what the reality will be.

GAF in full defensive? Have you been keeping up with what is going on over there? The review thread is scathing, the OT isn't much better.
 
I'll let you guys guess what gaming forum I just read that on.

Of course there will be people defending it but you're posting as if they have some ungodly love for Sony. Maybe you missed the early PS3 days, Knack threads, Driveclub trouble threads, killzone, etc.

Never mind LBP3.

They are merciless to things that are just bad. Look at the Wii U situation over there. No one doubts Nintendo has the best games over there, but they still slam Nintendo for other things.

The Microsoft DRM threads were godly 2 years ago.

They don't care.
 
GAF in full defensive? Have you been keeping up with what is going on over there? The review thread is scathing, the OT isn't much better.
The YouTube playthrough thread from yesterday was filled with Sony shills performing the most bumbling of mental gymnastics - attempting to justify the game's length, resolution, cutscenes and QTEs. Also people being banned for pointing out said mental gymnastics.

Yes, I was keeping up with it. Until I laughed so hard I passed out from lack of oxygen.

Today I see they've moved on to slamming the review sites for "misunderstanding the dev's intentions" and trashing TotalBiscuit.
 
Poor TotalBiscuit. I thought he had a mental breakdown or something from the online abuse a year or two ago, and was quitting the 'gaming' coverage.
 
Sounds like this is a game that should be included in a Humble Bundle right from release...
 
Man Neogaf is a quagmire of circle jerking galore. Its so amusing to watch so many people pile upon each other trying to suck one another off so everyone can "feel" happy about wasting $60 on a pre-order.

This is vary similar to how they all reacted when Driveclub sucked a fat cock. They still defend it like its a great game when in fact its a hallow but pretty racer.

This is why I don't preorder games anymore. Its just to risky. The Order 1886 however has had some warning signs it was going to suck namely gaming journos coming back from previews of it saying it was full of QTE's so that was a big warning.

I really wanted Little Big Planet 3 to be amazing but sadly its a broken mess and I refuse to buy it until it functions.

Totalbiscuit actually is doing well , he got cancer so that's why he hasn't been involved as much as he use to be but he updates Twitter frequently with interesting thoughts on stuff. He fucking nailed The Order 1886 though. The dev's calling the gaming audience bullies is just so pathetic.
 
...attempting to justify the game's length, resolution, cutscenes and QTEs. Also people being banned for pointing out said mental gymnastics.

Anyone who dislikes the game is just playing it wrong! :eek:

I thought the concept or the game was amazing. Third person action in the 1800s with cool looking weapons and werewolves, sign me up!
 
Last edited:
Man Neogaf is a quagmire of circle jerking galore.

It's got a strange sort of cult vibe to it, that's for sure. The barrier to entry is higher than most forums since there's a lengthy waiting period to be validated (a month or even a few months in some cases), so people temper their comments because they're afraid to lose their account, while at the same time things become a little incestuous and back-slappy because there isn't as much new blood coming in as a typical public forum. Good and bad things about running a forum that way, but always a little strange at that place.
 
You'll have people lecturing you and bans being threatened on that forum if you make the mistake of using the term, "PC Gaming Master Race". As it's problematic and toxic. Probably triggering as well.

Nothing more needs to be said.
 
It's got a strange sort of cult vibe to it, that's for sure. The barrier to entry is higher than most forums since there's a lengthy waiting period to be validated (a month or even a few months in some cases), so people temper their comments because they're afraid to lose their account, while at the same time things become a little incestuous and back-slappy because there isn't as much new blood coming in as a typical public forum. Good and bad things about running a forum that way, but always a little strange at that place.

The waiting period only serves to instill fear in those that if they don't follow the general opinion of the forum that they will be harshly singled out and likely banned.

Neogaf is a microcosm of gaming culture that really is deserving of a stereotype. The amount of kid glove behavior they give developers and even publishers for epic fuck ups is just hysterical. If you are a Japanese developer than Neogaf is basically a town hall meeting where everyone is offering blow jobs for screenshots and leaked Youtube previews.

I find the reactive nature of Neogaf to absolutely confirm why I'll never hold an account there. If you speak your mind it better be herd mentality or you'll find yourself being pelted by fanboy's and mods alike.

I find their off topic forums actually tolerable though.

However the fact that Neogaf can't reconcile how Sony has fucked up grandly its two first major exclusive titles is like watching bomb slowly implode. You simply can not call Neogaf anything but a Sony fan forum. Check any thread on Xbox related material and you'll find lots of "Vlad" type characters happily shitting over minute detail they can wade through.

The only thing to take away from The Order : 1886 is do not fucking preoder games. I simply can't understand why this simple act is so hard for gamers to do. The utter lack of self control some people display is really sad.
 
Last edited:
The YouTube playthrough thread from yesterday was filled with Sony shills performing the most bumbling of mental gymnastics - attempting to justify the game's length, resolution, cutscenes and QTEs. Also people being banned for pointing out said mental gymnastics.

Yes, I was keeping up with it. Until I laughed so hard I passed out from lack of oxygen.

Today I see they've moved on to slamming the review sites for "misunderstanding the dev's intentions" and trashing TotalBiscuit.

You're cherry picking the number praise or defending posts with the sea of criticism. It's obvious to anyone who tries to keep up with it and it's definitely not the minority in any sense of the word.
 
Man Neogaf is a quagmire of circle jerking galore. Its so amusing to watch so many people pile upon each other trying to suck one another off so everyone can "feel" happy about wasting $60 on a pre-order.

This is vary similar to how they all reacted when Driveclub sucked a fat cock. They still defend it like its a great game when in fact its a hallow but pretty racer.

This is why I don't preorder games anymore. Its just to risky. The Order 1886 however has had some warning signs it was going to suck namely gaming journos coming back from previews of it saying it was full of QTE's so that was a big warning.

I really wanted Little Big Planet 3 to be amazing but sadly its a broken mess and I refuse to buy it until it functions.

Totalbiscuit actually is doing well , he got cancer so that's why he hasn't been involved as much as he use to be but he updates Twitter frequently with interesting thoughts on stuff. He fucking nailed The Order 1886 though. The dev's calling the gaming audience bullies is just so pathetic.

Driveclub wasn't a bad game for a closed racer, it's the online that bombed hard. The criticism that got for simply being a closed racer in 2015 I feel was unjustified to an extent.

The Order, LBP3, knack, and to an extent Killzone on the other hand deserve all criticism on most all aspects.
 
The waiting period only serves to instill fear in those that if they don't follow the general opinion of the forum that they will be harshly singled out and likely banned.

Neogaf is a microcosm of gaming culture that really is deserving of a stereotype. The amount of kid glove behavior they give developers and even publishers for epic fuck ups is just hysterical. If you are a Japanese developer than Neogaf is basically a town hall meeting where everyone is offering blow jobs for screenshots and leaked Youtube previews.

I find the reactive nature of Neogaf to absolutely confirm why I'll never hold an account there. If you speak your mind it better be herd mentality or you'll find yourself being pelted by fanboy's and mods alike.

I find their off topic forums actually tolerable though.

However the fact that Neogaf can't reconcile how Sony has fucked up grandly its two first major exclusive titles is like watching bomb slowly implode. You simply can not call Neogaf anything but a Sony fan forum. Check any thread on Xbox related material and you'll find lots of "Vlad" type characters happily shitting over minute detail they can wade through.

The only thing to take away from The Order : 1886 is do not fucking preoder games. I simply can't understand why this simple act is so hard for gamers to do. The utter lack of self control some people display is really sad.

If you don't post their, or visit daily I can't see how you would think they are Sony fan boys. The Xbox threads get tons of support, so do specific Nintendo threads. Lots of Somy threads get heat, just look at any PSN specific one or firmware thread. Thy got hammered there recently for PSN being down way longer than Live, copying MS with USB DLNA or whatever it was etc.

GAF was absolutely brutal in the early PS3 days, the only reason it seems like they are in Sony camp atm is because of sales numbers and the fact that they haven't given the community a big FU so far.
 
You'll have people lecturing you and bans being threatened on that forum if you make the mistake of using the term, "PC Gaming Master Race". As it's problematic and toxic. Probably triggering as well.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Absolutely something can be said, if by lecturing you mean folks trying (and failing) say it was the developers vision it's not really a bad game then that's an argument someone can make.

Simply saying, yup game sucks I'm so glad I'm on PC doesn't further the conversation in any way. It's ALWAYS been ban worthy to post that no matter what thread it is.
 
Driveclub wasn't a bad game for a closed racer, it's the online that bombed hard. The criticism that got for simply being a closed racer in 2015 I feel was unjustified to an extent.

The Order, LBP3, knack, and to an extent Killzone on the other hand deserve all criticism on most all aspects.

I'm currently working through the later three, and I can sort of see what people complained about. LBP I paid the most out of the bunch for, at at $35, I feel like I got ripped off. And I love LBP games. The story mode was overwhelmingly short, and online play is all sorts of fucked up, leaving a game that should be overflowing with content instead lacking any reason to play it.

Killzone I picked up in the last PSN sale ($20 I think?) and same goes for Knack which was just on sale for $10. Killzone is pretty average. It's pretty, but not much substance. I can see why people would be upset about paying $60 for it. Knack though, I'm actually really liking. At $10 it was a steal. I mean, it's not revolutionary, but it's a fun platformer. Again, maybe not worth $60 for some, but I think this game was the least deserving of its poor reception at launch. It's straight up fun.
 
I find it strange that you're triple posting in defense of NeoGAF.
Absolutely something can be said, if by lecturing you mean folks trying (and failing) say it was the developers vision it's not really a bad game then that's an argument someone can make.

Simply saying, yup game sucks I'm so glad I'm on PC doesn't further the conversation in any way. It's ALWAYS been ban worthy to post that no matter what thread it is.
Huh? That was a thread in which a poster asked about building a PC, used the term "PC Gamer Master Race", was lectured to about "triggering", warned about being banned then everyone gleefuly circle jerked and his thread was locked.

It had nothing to do with The Order, or the devs vision, or cinematic experiences. I was pointing out how ridiculous that forum is.
 
Last edited:
Killzone was bad. I can't believe I gave them so many chances. Guerilla Games need to DIAF. Or stop making such terrible FPS
 
I find it strange that you're triple posting in defense of NeoGAF.Huh? That was a thread in which a poster asked about building a PC, used the term "PC Gamer Master Race", was lectured to about "triggering", warned about being banned then everyone gleefuly circle jerked and his thread was locked.

It had nothing to do with The Order, or the devs vision, or cinematic experiences. I was pointing out how ridiculous that forum is.

My point was perfectly valid regardless of what topic you saw it in. I even stated it didn't matter because I didn't know what specifically you were referencing too. It's called drive buys and they ban that type of post quickly.

You ignored every single point I otherwise made which I must say is par the course here.
 
Killzone was bad. I can't believe I gave them so many chances. Guerilla Games need to DIAF. Or stop making such terrible FPS

I didn't even beat it, I got to the rail level I guess? Turned it off and never played it again it was so fm boring.
 
I'm currently working through the later three, and I can sort of see what people complained about. LBP I paid the most out of the bunch for, at at $35, I feel like I got ripped off. And I love LBP games. The story mode was overwhelmingly short, and online play is all sorts of fucked up, leaving a game that should be overflowing with content instead lacking any reason to play it.

Killzone I picked up in the last PSN sale ($20 I think?) and same goes for Knack which was just on sale for $10. Killzone is pretty average. It's pretty, but not much substance. I can see why people would be upset about paying $60 for it. Knack though, I'm actually really liking. At $10 it was a steal. I mean, it's not revolutionary, but it's a fun platformer. Again, maybe not worth $60 for some, but I think this game was the least deserving of its poor reception at launch. It's straight up fun.

Knack grew on me only after I beat it once, the initial play through was an absolute chore.

Infamous was awesome for me though, and first light. TLOU was great even as a rebuy, multiplayer is superb imo.
 
My point was perfectly valid regardless of what topic you saw it in. I even stated it didn't matter because I didn't know what specifically you were referencing too. It's called drive buys and they ban that type of post quickly.
What? Drive by?

A novice poster wanted advice on building a new PC. He used the term "PC Gaming Master Race". His thread was inundated with people whining about being triggered and complaining about how problematic that term is. Then he was warned that saying "PC Gaming Master Race" is ban worthy and finally his thread was locked.

Can you imagine a new poster on [H] creating an innoucuos thread asking for advice on a PC build, being met with people whining about being triggered by the term "PC Gaming Master Race", then getting threatened with a ban and having his thread locked?

NeoGAF is ridiculous.
You ignored every single point I otherwise made which I must say is par the course here.
No.

You failed to click on the link I posted, assumed it was a drive by poster rubbing his sweet PC gaming rig in the face of console users when instead it was an example of the pathetic over sensitivity and political correctness that exists on that forum. Now you're trying to spin your way out of it.

Your passive aggressive dig at [H] is pretty lame as well. Maybe you should head back to GAF? I hear they're banning anyone who utters the word fanboy instead the correct term, "non-binary gender fan person".
 
Neogaf is a cesspool of corporate boot lickers, schills and trolls. Then there are the bandwagon jumpers that when they smell blood pounce fast and furious. If you go there then go for the laughs but don't take it serious. People love taking their stress and hate out on the Internet.
 
Really disappointed that this game is getting hammered across the board. I was most excited when it was revealed at E3 a few years ago and disappointed when I learned it wasn't available when the PS4 launched. Perhaps a less cynical take on why some people defend the game is simply because they very much wanted it to be a great game. Definitely another pot-hole in what has been a very bumpy ride (so far) for this generation of consoles from blue and green.


Not everybody is disappointed. The more I hear about it the more I confirm that it's exactly the kind of game I was hoping for. A linear theatrical experience.

I still intend to give it a shot. But not now...not for the current asking price. Too many other great games I need to get to. It can wait. And I'm also a fan of the linear, theatrical experience when I find the story presented to be interesting.

They need MP and more emphasis in replayability.

Why? Why do we have to tack on MP to EVERY game. Why the emphasis on replayability? Because games cost $60? Is that it? I'm happy to finish a game like the last Tomb Raider or TLoU. I don't need multi-player and I don't need a bunch of shit to compel me to keep playing after I've finished the main narrative. Because there are dozens of other games to which I can move on. We are now more than ever inundated with quality games and yet the criteria of the day is every game must have MP and be replayable. Can't be linear. Can't have QTE. A lot of that is the opposite of what I want, so I concede the point that I am an outlier. Ah well...probably a discussion for another thread. I do agree with your assessment of GAF.
 
I still intend to give it a shot. But not now...not for the current asking price. Too many other great games I need to get to. It can wait. And I'm also a fan of the linear, theatrical experience when I find the story presented to be interesting.


Shame on you! Don't you know that by not paying full price you are hurting the entire gaming community? </sarcasm>
 
Why? Why do we have to tack on MP to EVERY game.

Agreed, I'm really tired of seeing MP become a requirement for every game. Many of the games coming with it these days it's clearly an afterthought and the community is not long lived. I'd rather see all that time and effort put into making the single player experience better. Dragon Age: Inquisition is a perfect example of this. Mind you, the single player is already great, but the MP still just feels like it was tacked on for the sake of being a bullet point in a list of features. It's just not necessary and I think they could have made more meaningful additions to the game with the resources otherwise spent on MP.

The same logic works backwards as well. I'd much rather see games like COD and Battlefield ditch their laughable single player in favor of more polish to the multiplayer.

In the case of The Order, I don't think multiplayer would have been overly beneficial to the game. That said, it doesn't seem like the lack of it did the game any favors either. I'm kind of wondering if this was a case of Ready and Dawn going bigger than they were ready for. Their past experience is nothing but PSP games and HD PS3 ports. They don't exactly have a AAA pedigree.
 
Back
Top