• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Order: 1886

Cool, this will be on PS+ in no time.
Then we can all have this tech demo to show off, before we play a real game...
 
My problem with it is the same I had for David Cage games, they just aren't very fun. If the price was 29.99 or something I feel reception would have been much better.
 
So I just finished The Order, and I gotta say that I loved the game. It got a little boring at some of the shooting parts, but I am glad they left it open for a sequel because I truely believe it deserves one and could be the next great franchise for Sony. I am not talking because of the gameplay which is recycled, but rather the setting, time period, atmosphere, technology, and the Lycan twist to it... I fucking love that shit. I remember playing Duke Nukem Zero Hour on N64 and loving that victorian london setting and the atmosphere.

The graphics are just incredible to behold, and the story was okay. I agree this was not a $60 game. I think I would have easily paid $30 - $40 for it. It definitely wasn't as short as some of the reviews made it out to be. I think between all the exploring and screenshot taking I maybe got 6-8 hours out of it if not more.

This is actually pretty funny... that part in Duke Nukem Zero Hour was called "The Whitechapel Killings" 1888. So pretty close to The Order. lol

https://youtu.be/LuZELGI7rDg
 
The Order 1886 sequel would have offered bigger fights and multiplayer

When the game was released, The Order: 1886 was praised for its graphical quality, but the overall critical reception for the game was mixed...speaking with Julien Chieze, Ru Weerasuriya, the creative director of The Order: 1886, discussed his plans for the game’s sequel, which was in the early stages of development before being cancelled

Weerasuriya describes writing a 10-page pitch for the game, which would have included far bigger fights, as well as multiplayer...multiplayer was in development for the first game, before being shelved for the sequel...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...d-have-offered-bigger-fights-and-multiplayer/
 
The letterboxing to deal with the performance issues was a big deal breaker for me. This was when the whole "cinematic" narrative heated up to excuse the weak hardware in Gen 8, especially from PlayStation fanatics.
 
The big problem with this game is they were trying to make a movie more than a game. It had tons of cutscenes, but the gameplay was terrible and boring. The stealth parts were just bad, and the boss fights were the same boss multiple times or a million guys firing at you.
 
I imagine had this been a PC game for a much lower price, it would have been a great GPU seller.
 
Back
Top