The *Official* Post Pics Of Your Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
usbnic.jpg

:p

I just got this piece of crap in the mail today, I'm gona post some pics of it before I throw it out...

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Not the most popular router out there... Cisco 7120 VPN router with Singel Mode OC-3 STM-1.

PlusLabs said:
I just got this piece of crap in the mail today, I'm gona post some pics of it before I throw it out...

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Not the most popular router out there... Cisco 7120 VPN router with Singel Mode OC-3 STM-1.
whattt??? you're gonna throw it out? give it to me pleasee!!!!!

ill pay for shipping and some money, just tell me how much and ill decide

:)

1 of 8 Cisco GBICs that we bought to use with the Catalysts switches and the Extreme Switch:
05.jpg

Configuring the router... or atleast trying to:
06.jpg

Interfaces... some work, some don't
10.jpg

Uh... front of the router and some AXE spray...
07.jpg

My trusty old 3Com hub... used as a local connection point down here (I only have 3 jacks down here, sometimes I need more)
08.jpg

The 3 fibers going upstairs through the doorway... to the network closet:
09.jpg
:mad: :D

wayne said:
are u still throwing that thing out?
Yup, as soon as I load up the right IOS software on it for the $1700 PA-2FE-FX to work...

Maybe I'll configure it just the way I like it, and THEN, only then will I toss it.

wayne said:
ooh, he sounded real tho

Yeah, if you were high lol :p

I'll have some pics once i move and start the setup of my new place.... its not going to be horrible complex though.... just a home depot rack and a 4port KVM.... or maybe 8, i could use 8.... if only money grew on trees :)

PlusLabs said:
1 of 8 Cisco GBICs that we bought to use with the Catalysts switches and the Extreme Switch:
[IMG.]http://207.234.246.146/sv_sv/1223/05.jpg[/IMG]

Configuring the router... or atleast trying to:
[IMG.]http://207.234.246.146/sv_sv/1223/06.jpg[/IMG]

Interfaces... some work, some don't
[IMG.]http://207.234.246.146/sv_sv/1223/10.jpg[/IMG]

Uh... front of the router and some AXE spray...
[IMG.]http://207.234.246.146/sv_sv/1223/07.jpg[/IMG]

My trusty old 3Com hub... used as a local connection point down here (I only have 3 jacks down here, sometimes I need more)
[IMG.]http://207.234.246.146/sv_sv/1223/08.jpg[/IMG]

The 3 fibers going upstairs through the doorway... to the network closet:
09.jpg
:mad: :D

Is that picture a good example of how those two monitors really look? I dont have an LCD, but thats percicely why i dont want one.... or at least thats what i'm afraid of.... the CRT has such better color.....in that picture anyways...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm fiber converter! Please sir, may I have one? even if its a cheap one in your parts bin? :( like an old 10Mbps or 100Mbps one that doesnt work or overheats or somethin... Ill pay for it even!!! :(

~edit~ PlusLabs, also, what cam you using to take pics with? I have a Kodak EasyShare DX6340, I didn't do my research and it doesnt take good closeups :( but otherwise it does great! whatcha takin those pics with? looks wonderful!

no, I have a syncmaster 192n
the pic is soooooooo much sharper and the screen is pitch black where its sposed to be, its even better then a FD trinitron.

cybertron said:
4port KVM.... or maybe 8, i could use 8.... if only money grew on trees :)
ive seen belkin omniview pro series rackmount ready 8x KVMs go for $50ish on ebay many times.

My little home network,
I got into computers about a year ago and really liked networking so i finally got all my junkers together and did something with them recently as well as my newer machines.

Homenet1.jpg

im still learning the server and any suggestions as to what to do with it would be welcome.

LadyJaqie said:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm fiber converter! Please sir, may I have one? even if its a cheap one in your parts bin? :( like an old 10Mbps or 100Mbps one that doesnt work or overheats or somethin... Ill pay for it even!!! :(

~edit~ PlusLabs, also, what cam you using to take pics with? I have a Kodak EasyShare DX6340, I didn't do my research and it doesnt take good closeups :( but otherwise it does great! whatcha takin those pics with? looks wonderful!

no, I have a syncmaster 192n
the pic is soooooooo much sharper and the screen is pitch black where its sposed to be, its even better then a FD trinitron.

Blah, I have alot of old de-comissioned fiber converters, all are 10BaseFL... you can have them for free. E-mail me with your info at [email protected]

They work, I just don't need them. I'll give you all that I can find.

-

I am using an Olympus D5050z to take those pictures, awesome camera.

Actually, I have alot of defunct network equipment that the company is going to donate to the start-up networks in 3rd world countries.

Some 3Com routers and some 3Com ATM stuff, HP hubs, BayNetworks switches, Marconi switches....

Scheizekopf said:
You rely on your neighbors wifi as your broadband connection?
Yeah I was going to say... that's pretty silly, pathetic, and just plain illegal. Theft of service anyone?

arrest.jpg

PlusLabs said:
Actually, I have alot of defunct network equipment that the company is going to donate to the start-up networks in 3rd world countries.

Some 3Com routers and some 3Com ATM stuff, HP hubs, BayNetworks switches, Marconi switches....

Any of this up for grabs for the nice folks of the [H]ardForum? :D

My neighbor is cool with it, he's out of town on business %90 of every month anyways.

to quote him

"someone might as well be using it, im paying for it, and the best part is that you dont have to be in my apartment."

he let me encrypt it, but the signal went down to 1.0 mbps, on average its about 12 mbps now which is fine for internet usage, anything heavy duty i usually just use my works connection for, which is all work related anyways. I make a point of not working when im not working.

my house is wayyyyyy off the street so no cable company wants to run the wire even if it would work, their installers are lazy, they keep saying line loss, but to my guestimation they could just use RG6 or some other thicker cabling and it would be fine, we did the math on it at school and it came out with very little line loss.

anyone have any ideas for that server beyond a fileserver?

its the way the roads and telephone poles are positioned, im still about 150 feet away from his AP, im kinda landlocked in a weird place.

Kaos said:
its the way the roads and telephone poles are positioned, im still about 150 feet away from his AP, im kinda landlocked in a weird place.
Oh. Well post some actual pictures if you could please.

okay.... I got some new christmas toys, so now i'm not quite as ashamed of my network as I was before.... so here it goes

network1.jpg

MDF for my room (where most machiens are) My new toy that my parents got me for christmas (linksys sr224) that replaced a netgear 4 port hub. Hopefull I will plug more computers into it later (just did a big lan so a lot of equipment is still offline)

network2.jpg

On our seccond floor where the cable comes in (shitty cable modem) and Microsoft router (mn500 I think) that also connects to the 2 downstairs machines, up to my room (see above) and serves wifi to various laptops

network3.jpg

Rehat 9 webserver/folding box

network4.jpg

Main rig (in room) first 2 monitors are on that thermaltake tower and the other is the webserver/folding box.

thats all for now, hopefully i'll be adding a dell 1u box to it soon

ksanders, I got it on eBay, a seller had a few new spare racks for $300. Unfortunately, it was barebones, no side panels or front door, just the back door.

New networking stuff (Servers). . . Already posted my other stuff a couple pages back.

The Celeron Dell SC420 . . . 100% Folding right now until I figure out what else to do with it.
DellCeleron.jpg

The P4 Dell SC420. 95% Folding and my brother is using it for now.
DellP4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back