The *Official* Post Pics Of Your Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hedpe said:
WAP54G on the left set in Client Mode to connect to my school's wireless, which is then fed to the WRT54G on the right hand side... which distributes via the switch and a local WAN :)

That sure is a lot of wireless signals passing through your manhood...

posted elsewhere, but adding to the pic library in this thread

Heres a box im finishing up right now.
Hope you like.

artistic material shot
IMG_3342.jpg

Organizing the cables to bicsi standards
IMG_3339.jpg

starting the detail shots from afar, consider this isnt my neatest work as it was done at about 3 or 4 in the morning.
IMG_3347.jpg

IMG_3346.jpg

IMG_3343.jpg

IMG_3344.jpg

IMG_3345.jpg

didnt have a chance to term the fibers out since i got moved to another project, I hope you like, comment and give advice and such as you will.

mpeg4v3 said:
And do you think it would be capable of holding a 4u server without any problems?
I'd say it probably would, A good place for portable racks is your Local Music Instrument store. Say Guitar Center, Sam Ash, etc... or your local mom and pop shop.

www.zzounds.com
www.musicianfriend.com

I have a few portable racks for my audio production equipment and One of them has a Racked 4u pc in it

Ugh, had one. It was flimsy and if you tried to run it inside the fans wouldnt push any air.

bicsi is basically the best cable installation job you could ask for, while I am not bicsi certified...im working towards it. Its really for people that are OCD about cables. like myself.

Nostradamus said:
carloswill: specs on the machines??

What model cisco 2500 is that?

Ryan

Larger tower
Intel Xeon 3.0GHz
Tyan Board
4GB of DDR RAM
500GB RAID 5 (Western Digital)
Debian Linux

Smaller tower
AMD XP 3000+ (Barton)
Epox Motherboard (NForce 2)
2GB of DDR RAM
240GB RAID 5 (Western Digital)
Debian Linux

Cisco 2514 Series Router
Dual Ethernet
IOS v12.2

ok, well I haven't posed here in a long ass time due to to mod canceling my original account.

Just wanted to show you guys some older pics of the rack

7.jpg

6.jpg

versello said:
Just gave my home network an overhaul, although it's not complete. I'm waiting for a couple dual-port Intel Pro gigabit NIC's to come in so I can make a DMZ/VLAN for my web server / wireless clients.

Bottom: Domain Controller, ISA Server 2004, Exchange Server 2003, File Server, RIS Server

Top: Web server

1_small.jpg

Very nice, what kind of rack is that?

Are these you guys' personal network set-ups for shits and giggles, or are they your business set-ups, or do you run your own business'? Just curious.

RiDDLeRThC said:
Very nice, what kind of rack is that?

15u open-frame rack (I don't know the brand-name). The only one that I found on the net where you could adjust the two steel posts on the base (so it makes an L shape, unlike an upside-down T shape like most other frame racks).

benzino_86 said:
Are these you guys' personal network set-ups for shits and giggles, or are they your business set-ups, or do you run your own business'? Just curious.

I think the majority of posts here are home-setups :D It's all pr0n to me... you can never have enough.

A little bit of an update from the last time with a few more things. A hub between the modem, and router that has a Snort IDS sensor on it, and a VoIP phone that connects using Asterisk. There is also a Cisco 350 WAP that is not seen in the picture.

res1.JPG

dsc000929eg.jpg

here is my new test network at work.

got some catalysts 2950s, cisco pix 515E's, 501E, and some WebMux Load Balancers. :)

benzino_86 said:

No - just did it because I was bored and I am a geek.

We use Optiplex's in school, only they're the desktop versions. They do quite well with AutoCAD, surprisingly.

pixelbaker said:
what about those comps beneath the networking equipment? what case are they in?

dell optiplex 620's i believe. P4 2.8GHZ HT with 2 gig memory each. i upgraded them so we can run VMware ESX server a bit more smoothly.

benzino_86 said:

For me it all started as a side interest when I first got into computers. Built my own lil network at home... couple switches, wireless, PCs for the family all networked and my old PCs turned into misc servers.

Now I work on big networks which are really fun to set up and maintain.

benzino_86 said:

yeah, all this stuff is just for fun. Once you really get into it its just like second nature. Its kind of funny though if you have a field tech from your shitty ISP come to you house to test the lines, and they're just is awe when they take a look at the rack.

I actually had to totally move my rack becuase of my roomate and his fixation on moving to the large room in the basement(then the bastard moves back upstairs!!). I also baught some wire managment.

DSC01816.jpg

the new wire managment provided by NeatPatch. Best thing I could have baught. Puts panduit and others to shame(hence the reason I didn't capitalize the name, lol)

DSC01817.jpg

Cover on

DSC01818.jpg

Ill explain what's actually pictured too, since I think someone asked before.

From the bottom.....
APC SmartUPS 3000
m0n0wall on PII350
Windows 2k3 DC,DNS,WINS,RIS,SUS on 2800+
FreeBSD for testing and messing around with on 2400+
APC 400
Belkin power strip
Sparc 20 box running solaris 5.6(LOL)
2 X Cisco 2501's with on 12.1 for labbing
Nortel Baystack 350T Managed
Cicso 2950 on 12.?(it's the latest)..... Vlans,SPAN ;-)
teh uber l33t wire managment
Simons 24port patch pannel
Cisco 1602 on ? for labbing
TO the right is an optiplex w/ dual 500s running fedora core 4 for mainly web server backup and ssh for my tunneling.

Not Pictured:

3Com SuperStack II Managed
1TB fileserver on Win2k3
Laptop im currently typing all this crap on w/XP
Laptop on win2k Pro running my webserver using Abyss
Main box on 3200+ w/ XP
2 X snort + baseline patch testing machines @ 2400+

Any other questions.... ask away

neatpatch stuff is great, alot of the bicsi certified guys i work with really like to use them, keeps proper ben radius etc.

corran_horn314 said:
I see you like wood:) Thats pretty cool.

Yessir. I've been getting into woodworking and decided to build all of my stuff by hand. It's cheaper than buying pre made stuff and I get everything exactly how I want it.

Very impressive, I wish I had woodworking skills like that. I'm gonna be taking woodshop soon at school so hopefully I will learn.
Jeff

My first post and my small slice of networkness

netwok.jpg

I have a cisco cat 2900xl that is in a box for lans but I'm thinkin of switching it out with my dlink :) The fans on it are... anoying.. as... yea you get the point.

Nacho said:
I have a cisco cat 2900xl that is in a box for lans but I'm thinkin of switching it out with my dlink :) The fans on it are... anoying.. as... yea you get the point.

I had the same problem with the buzzing 40mm fans on my Netgear GigE switch. I just unplugged them all and used my hole saw to mount the quietest 80mm fan I could find on top, blowing down into the casing. Since that switch sits at the very top of my rack, the fan sticking out on top of the thing doesn't take up any more rack space than the 1U it already occupies.

Quiet as a tomb and nice and cool.

hey..where do you guys learn your wiring techniques? do you learn from experience, look at others peoples racks or just know b/c you are so smart :cool: ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back