The Official HP w2207/w2007 Thread

I need HELP ASAP!!!
I was searching the w2207 and now I found the new one w2207h and the old w2207. The "h" model has the HDMI connection instead the DVI in the old model, but my question is:
All the w2207h I check, got the MT220WW01-V1 = Innolux panel.
All the w2207 got the LM220WE1-TBL1 = LG pannel

Anybody can give an advice about the best panel? :confused:
I read somewhere that the Innolux is the best, even than Samsung, but I want to confirm.
If I know Innolux is better, I buy it , because in my country, the 2 models cost the same. Of course, for the 2207h, I'll need to buy a DVI-HDMI adapter and this will be an extra cost.
Please I need any advice soon, because I want to buy it soon and at this moment I'm working with my old 15" CRT until I can replace my dead TFT. :mad:
Thanks to all of you.
;)

As others have stated in this thread the Samsung panel is the one to get. I haven't heard much about the Innolux panel.

I already posted on here that the innolux looked far worse out of the box due to the extreme bluishness, and there was far more backlighting bleed than the Samsung.

I cant compare the LG to it since I never did find a LG panel. There was only 1-2 ppl who said they preferred the innolux btw, the rest preferred either samsung or LG.

This is a really complicated situation.
First I was looking for a Samsung 226BW and with the lotery panel, never found a "S" panel. After that, I saw the HP w2207 and change my mind... but never found anyone with the Samsung reference on the service menu.... :(

What is better?

The LG or the Innolux?
I can get the LG pannel in the w2207 model, and the Innolux on the w2207h.... the price is the same

I'm think this TFT situation is very boring and stressing :(

Thanks

I would say based on this thread the LG would be better.

However, I have an LG L226WT, and that one has significantly more lag than the w2207 (not that I noticed but it is reviewedo n websites). So which LG panel is on the w2207? Hope it isnt the L226WT..

Ya, I have made your life significantly worse - cant be helped. I would suggest you buy from a retail physical store that allows liberal returns

Well.
Just to update, today I found one w2207h, date of November 2007 with an LM220WE1-TLB, suppossed to be an LG panel. By the way, the back label on the monitor, still has the "F" letter on it, made in Czech Republic, dated November 2007 .
I really don't know because there's no information about anything, but perhaps somebody could advice about if LG is better or not than Innolux.
What do you think?... :p

do you realize only 1 person actually said he preferes the innolux? Then another person jumped in and mentioned that 1 person, and said it might be preferrable.

LG and Samsung aare the major LCD panel makers. Everyone else is a distant 2nd or 3rd. Stick with the LG or Samsung panels and you will be happy.

BTW, all the reviews on the w2207 are based on the samsung. Not the innolux.

Thanks mle.
I know that LG is one of the biggest LCD panel makers. I just ask about the Innolux because I just found it on the w2207h. In the old w2207, all the panels I checked was LG... shame not a Samsung.:rolleyes:
Innolux has no information on the internet and I ask because we never know when a good company or part, came from an unknown company.
:D

It's a fairly large taiwanese company. In china they prefer the innolux over the samsung, or at least that's what 1 poster said on the internet.

Innolux isnt that small of a player, but isnt remotely as large as samsung or lg.

I just got a w2207h after my 6 month old w2207 died on me (power just went) - I never checked what panel the w2207 had but the w2207h has the LG. I am connecting it to my PC using an HDMI - DVI cable. Initial impressions out of the box were a greatly improved image quality in terms of colours and sharpness -even my wife commented - however there does seem to be more backlight bleeding. Overall though I am really pleased and am continually seeing things looking better on this screen. I've now had it for 3 weeks and am very reluctant to tweak it as everything looks so great.

The w2207h is now £199.00 at PC World in the UK; http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/469055

I have a w2207 at the moment which is 3-months old with an LG panel. Is it actually worth buying the 'h' version if you're just using it with a PC? I have it hooked up via a DVI cable on an MSI NVIDIA 8600GT OC.

On the picture below it appears that the h version has acquired another badge on the front sporting HDMI. In some respects that's what I like so much about my w2207, the complete lack of consumer marketing blurb. I hate what manufacturers do today where they plaster tat all over their products.

469055.jpg

It took me a while to figure out what the "h" stood for so I think in this instance the sticker is useful bearing in mind the model's identical cosmetic appearance to it's predecessor. It is very easy to remove! I wouldn't think HDMI is any benefit over DVI with a PC but I think other improvements have been made such as improved contrast ratio ( it is now stated as 3000:1) and visually it is definitely superior to my old w2207.

I hope you guys never have to talk to HP tech support regarding the w2207, because they are based in India and they have ZERO training on LCD products.

I made 2 calls to them about bad pixels that I never saw before this week:
First call:
Me: "Im calling about dead pixels on my LCD montor"
Them: "You're calling about a bad picture?"
Me: "Hmm Im calling about dead pixels."
Them: "Bad picture - I want you to tell me what application you are running"
Me: "Do you even know what is a dead pixel?"
Them: "Sure. Can I put you on hold for 3-4 mins please"
*goes and looks up what is a dead pixel after I spelled it out to her*
*proceeds to tell me to reboot my computer 4x, then tells me to put the display on optimal resolution 3x before giving up and promising me a call from Senior Tech support that never came*

Second call (to them):
Me: "Im calling about dead pixels on my LCD montor"
Them: "I see in your case number that you're calling about a HP computer"
Me: "No, Im calling about an LCD monitor, and I've called before"
Them: "It says here that you talked to us about a HP computer before"
Me: "No, it was about the HP w2207. How come I was promised a call from Senior Tech Support if you guys didnt even know which product I was calling about last time for 25 mins?!!"
Them: "We'll take care of you. Based on what you said I think you should be talk to your computer retailer because based on our experience it is bad ram causing this..."

Ya. Those clowns think bad ram or a computer is causing dead pixels on an LCD monitor. Tech support from HP just sucks it.

I wonder what Samsung tech support is like.

I had the same nightmare when trying to sort out my faulty w2207 - the power supply had failed and they kept referring to it as a PC - not only was the accent so broad that I couldn't understand it but the call quality was distinctly "long distance". Everything she said I had to keep asking her to repeat - eventually I was told that the were now out of stock of w2207 and couldn't say when they would be getting any more - not surprising as it had been replaced by the 2207h! This caused me to wait for 3 weeks before I found by my own research about the new model coming out. I would have switched to another brand but I love this monitor so much I thought I would give it one more chance!

Is it just me or I can't find 640x480 anywhere on the monitor settings for me to switch to in Vistax64 + Nvidia 163 WHQL drivers... so things go blank sometimes

So I have just bought the 2207h i have heard rumours this has a higher contrast ratio & a Dynamic contrast feature which the 2207 with DVI does not.
can anyone confirm this.

Also notied when using HDMI input some of the controls in "my display panel" are not working (contrast brightness e.t.c.)

Also what differences would i expect to see on quality of the display using DVI over the HD15 Analog inputs?

Tried the Menu & - then power up but no menu is it different on the h model?
also tried the Menu & + then power up but no menu either

Any one tried this on their h?

Alright, I finally pulled the trigger on a w2207. I think I have an innolux panel, but I'm not sure. I read through this entire thread, but I never found how to access the service menu, so if someone could post that, that would be awesome.

Anyway, I have a single stuck (blue) pixel about a cm above my taskbar, so I may be taking this thing back. The backlight bleed on this thing isn't bad at all compared to my AL2223w that I have setup right next to it. The stuck pixel is pretty obvious most of the time. You can't really see it when the screen is all black (which is weird), or when its all white.

I got mine at Circuit City, and they only had two so I didn't buy a second one for fear of not having one available for exchange. The only ones Best Buy had were open-box items so I passed.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Alright, I exchanged my first w2207 (see above post) and got one that has a white pixel in the upper corner that only shows up on completely dark screens. Its not even really white so much as it is gray or translucent.

I made the FireDog guys at CC open up the replacement and we used a pixel tester. I stared at the screen for about ten minutes and couldn't find any pixel defects. I told myself I couldn't find any then, so I wasn't going to look for them when I got home. I did, of course. :eek: Either way, I am keeping it since it was the last one they had and I will never notice this particular pixel problem in any real-life scenario.

This thing is gorgeous!

IMG_1742.jpg

Dualies--soon to be replaced AL2223W. There's no comparison. I hope to rock 2x HP w2207's

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

No longer a problem, but this is the reason I exchanged the original:

IMG_1743.jpg

The model I replaced was manufactured in July, but this one seems to be an October baby:

IMG_1748.jpg

IMHO, this thread could use more pics. :cool:

Alright, I exchanged my first w2207 (see above post) and got one that has a white pixel in the upper corner that only shows up on completely dark screens. Its not even really white so much as it is gray or translucent.

I made the FireDog guys at CC open up the replacement and we used a pixel tester. I stared at the screen for about ten minutes and couldn't find any pixel defects. I told myself I couldn't find any then, so I wasn't going to look for them when I got home. I did, of course. :eek: Either way, I am keeping it since it was the last one they had and I will never notice this particular pixel problem in any real-life scenario.

This thing is gorgeous!
http://www.goneinsixtysix.com/images2/hpw2207/IMG_1742.jpg

Dualies--soon to be replaced AL2223W. There's no comparison. I hope to rock 2x HP w2207's
http://www.goneinsixtysix.com/images2/hpw2207/IMG_1730.jpg
http://www.goneinsixtysix.com/images2/hpw2207/IMG_1731.jpg

No longer a problem, but this is the reason I exchanged the original:

http://www.goneinsixtysix.com/images2/hpw2207/IMG_1743.jpg

The model I replaced was manufactured in July, but this one seems to be an October baby:

IMG_1748.jpg

IMHO, this thread could use more pics. :cool:

Do you know what panel that is, would be nice to finally clear up which panel goes with which revision.
Unless it doesn't work that way, but someone in a previous post in this thread mentioned something about finding out the panel without opening the box.

From what I've read the serial number ending in "F" like: XXXXXXX-F means its a Foxconn/Innolux panel, but I would prefer to check the menu to confirm it.

EDIT: I also remember that the revision STM001 was found on a Samsung panel. I found the menu, just go Menu>Service. It was WAAAAY difficult. I am a moron. Reads: LTM220M1-L01, so looks like I have the Samsung panel.

http://www.apollodisplays.com/Products/TFTDisplays/SelectSamsung.html?PartNum=LTM220M1-L01

I'm keeping it either way, and the other model I took back was not an STM001, but I can't recall what it said. I have post-its with info from this thread hastily written on them--that's how I roll.

From what I've read the serial number ending in "F" like: XXXXXXX-F means its a Foxconn/Innolux panel, but I would prefer to check the menu to confirm it.

EDIT: I also remember that the revision STM001 was found on a Samsung panel. I found the menu, just go Menu>Service. It was WAAAAY difficult. I am a moron. Reads: LTM220M1-L01, so looks like I have the Samsung panel.

http://www.apollodisplays.com/Products/TFTDisplays/SelectSamsung.html?PartNum=LTM220M1-L01

I'm keeping it either way, and the other model I took back was not an STM001, but I can't recall what it said. I have post-its with info from this thread hastily written on them--that's how I roll.

I was considering this monitor, but reading this thread makes my head hurt :(

Seems no one is sure what stands for which panel, but maybe I'm just too stupid/lazy to organize it, not to mention its a bajillion pages long.
Can anyone else chime in on the "Rev:" issue?

I can confirm that Rev. STM001 is a Samsung panel. They are still using them as of October 2007. I looked at a total of four w2207's yesterday, and only one had the STM001. The rest were made in July and September 2007. These were all in Knoxville, Tennessee.

I can also say, without a doubt, that this replacement has FAR LESS backlight bleed than the first one I brought home. It really puts my Acer to shame--which is going up on eBay.

This thread needs more pics!

IMG_1759.jpg

Hello.

I have one HP W2207h (vga/hdmi) and I canot connect it using the hdmi-hdmi supplied cable :( with a ATI 3870 !

With the dvi-to-vga converter (from ATI) and using the HP vga cable I can use all resolutions.No problems at all.

But when I try to use the hdmi-hdmi cable with the dvi-to-hdmi converter (from ATI) the W2207h only works @ 800x600 !

If I raise de resolution in the Catalyst Control Center the W2207h and Apply it, the monitor turns it self off !!!! :eek:

For it to be ON again I have to disconect the power plug from the wall for a few seconds !!!

What the hell is happening ? :confused:

I use: Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit + Catalyst 7.11

Is there anything more to install or configure ? Isn't the hdmi plug and play ?

Help me please because my trial time with this monitor ends today ! I have to return it if it stays like this. I don't wont a 22" tft monitor just with the VGA cable :mad:

Is it actually turning itself off, or is it simply going into sleep mode? The monitor will go into sleep mode and the power button will turn orange if there is no usable signal going to the monitor.

What is your refresh rate? I have mine set at 60hz. The fact that it only displays 800x600 also tells me that the monitor might not be recognized. The adapter might be preventing Windows from recognizing it. Have you tried downloading the latest drivers from HP? Check the refresh rate when you change resolutions before you hit "Apply" to make sure it is not jumping ship with an incorrect refresh rate.

Give these a shot.

RE: Dead Pixels

Having just sorted out a couple of new laptops this week with nothing more than 14" screens I was shocked at the dead pixels that they have.

Just a comment on my 2207 (LG). It has NO dead pixels on the entire display. Or certainly not any that I've noticed. The same goes for the 19" 4:3 Hanns-G HC194D that I'm typing this on too.

Regarding the service menus... I have been discretely going into them on 2207's that I've seen in shops. The 4 or 5 that I've checked in the UK each have LG panels.

The 2207 is also being phased out in favour of the 2207h. 2207's are now down to £199 in Staples, and 2207h's are the same in PC World (don't buy from PC World!!).

I've noticed that the service menus don't work on the other HP monitors of the same style as the 2207. I'm just drooling at the 24/25" HP at the moment.... The size of it.

drooling_homer-712749.gif

Problem resolved using a hdmi->dvi cable. :D

The hdmi->dvi converter that came with the HD3870 must be to use with TV's and the W2207h doesn't seem to like the signal from it.

Problem resolved using a hdmi->dvi cable. :D

The hdmi->dvi converter that came with the HD3870 must be to use with TV's and the W2207h doesn't seem to like the signal from it.

I had a sneaking suspicion that might be the problem. Well, I'm glad you got it sorted out, and this way we know to use HDMI/DVI cable. Enjoy your gorgeous monitor!!!

Hi, I´m getting tomorrow my w2207, it´s kinda large this thread, so anyone who could tell me how to check panel vendor would be great!

Thanks

Well it works flawlessly, no dead pixels. Its amazing compared to my Dell 1907FP.

I couldnt find exactly what panel model it uses, but it seem its an Innolux since I see an "F"

Its doing great, so far.

Well it works flawlessly, no dead pixels. Its amazing compared to my Dell 1907FP.

I couldnt find exactly what panel model it uses, but it seem its an Innolux since I see an "F"

Its doing great, so far.

An "F" in the serial number does not necessarily mean it is an Innolux/Foxconn panel. On the box there should be a label that has a revision number on it, like the pictures above. STM001 is Samsung. If you are still unsure:

1. Turn off your monitor.
2. Press and hold the 'menu' button.
3. Turn the monitor back on.
4. Release the menu button.
5. Press the menu button again.
6. A "Service..." option will appear.
7. Select it and it will display the Panel's model number at the bottom.
8. Post your findings here, if you'd like.

Also, this thread is useless without pics.

Does anyone know the Rev. for the LG panel?

Samsung = STM001
Innolux = Isomething
LG=?

Does anyone know the Rev. for the LG panel?

Samsung = STM001
Innolux = Isomething
LG=?

No one with an LG panel has posted the info/pics of the label on the box. Simply put, I don't know. People are buying the monitor, and leaving this thread. lol

Hi I was going to buy a new samsung monitor when this thread caught my eye. I've got a few questions to ask before I take the plunge and buy the monitor.

1. How good is the stand? Will it begin to lose it's grip and begin to sag latter?
2. I may be rotating the monitor 90 degrees and back a lot, will the monitor start to loosen up because of that?
3. I'm going to play my xbox 360 on this, so can somebody tell me how good is the pixel mapping?
4. How good do videos look?

Back