The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

My damn travel got extended, so whil I purchased the game last Wednesday, I still won't be able to play until freaking Sunday eve at the earliest../sigh

Well i just logged in today and my account is not perma banned. No help from anet either

I'm flat out pissed now, this is stupid

No effin clue, i have not been able to login since Sunday and now i'm perma banned

$79 down the drain

woah dude. that is serious business. dont email that wont suffice i would call they ass up!

woah dude. that is serious business. dont email that wont suffice i would call they ass up!

Give me their support number and I will call them up lol. I would much preferr to talk with a live person as I handle things better on the phone

Good to know. I need to find my way to Mystic Forge. I always get lost in the cities though lol. Is there a good guide to the Mystic Forge out there?

This will be a general tip I'll give on travelling fast and free to cheap(er) in the world of Tyria.

Let's say you are in the Norn beginning zone, and you want to go to the Mystic Forge after a day of leveling.

The Mystic Forge is located in the center of Lion's Arch, the zone that connects all the various worlds together.

The fastest and cheapest way to get there, in my opinion is using the free teleporting you get to go to the structured PvP zone, the Heart of the Mists. To teleport to the heart of the mists: Be out of combat, then press "H", go to the last tab, and click the button that says "Travel to the Heart of the Mists".

If you have never been to the Heart of the Mists before, you will first be on a tutorial island. Do the training hearts there or skip it all the way to the end by running to the end of the tutorial island. Once you get out of the tutorial island, you'll be in the main island. (where you will be sent to by default from now on)

On the main island, there is a portal in front of you that will take you directly to Lion's Arch. See where I'm going with this? Go through the portal, and you'll be in Lion's Arch.

From there, you can teleport to the Mystic Forge area if you need to combine items, the Lion's Arch Crafting area, or the part of Lion's Arch where you can teleport to all the main cities for all races.

Another use case is that you may be deep in Kessex Hills (level 25 area) and want to go back to Divinity's Reach (Human Main City). You open up your map, and see that you can teleport back there, but at a cost of 1 silver. You could do the free route of running back the entire way. Or, just portal yourself to Heart of the Mists, go through the Lion's Arch portal. Then teleport to the all races main gates in Lion's Arch, then run through the Divinity's Reach portal. Free, and that should take you a total of 30 seconds.

If anyone out there knows a quicker way to travel for free, let me know.

This will be a general tip I'll give on travelling fast and free to cheap(er) in the world of Tyria.

Let's say you are in the Norn beginning zone, and you want to go to the Mystic Forge after a day of leveling.

The Mystic Forge is located in the center of Lion's Arch, the zone that connects all the various worlds together.

The fastest and cheapest way to get there, in my opinion is using the free teleporting you get to go to the structured PvP zone, the Heart of the Mists. To teleport to the heart of the mists: Be out of combat, then press "H", go to the last tab, and click the button that says "Travel to the Heart of the Mists".

If you have never been to the Heart of the Mists before, you will first be on a tutorial island. Do the training hearts there or skip it all the way to the end by running to the end of the tutorial island. Once you get out of the tutorial island, you'll be in the main island. (where you will be sent to by default from now on)

On the main island, there is a portal in front of you that will take you directly to Lion's Arch. See where I'm going with this? Go through the portal, and you'll be in Lion's Arch.

From there, you can teleport to the Mystic Forge area if you need to combine items, the Lion's Arch Crafting area, or the part of Lion's Arch where you can teleport to all the main cities for all races.

Another use case is that you may be deep in Kessex Hills (level 25 area) and want to go back to Divinity's Reach (Human Start Zone area). You open up your map, and see that you can teleport back there, but at a cost of 1 silver. You could do the free route of running back the either way. Or, just portal yourself to Heart of the Mists, go through the Lion's Arch portal. Then teleport to the all races main gates in Lion's Arch, then run through the Divinity's Reach portal. Free, and that should take you a total of 30 seconds.

every major racial capital has a portal to lions arch which in turn has a portal to every major city

Give me their support number and I will call them up lol. I would much preferr to talk with a live person as I handle things better on the phone

gasp i couldnt find a number :<

did you send in a question at support.guildwars2.com

No effin clue, i have not been able to login since Sunday and now i'm perma banned

$79 down the drain

If it really is a perma-ban then it sounds like a gold seller hacked your account. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is go through email support. Not fun right now.

I've had a ticket in since Saturday morning about not getting the Digital Deluxe bonus items. Got an automated response Monday night that didn't have anything to do with my problem. Emailed back and still waiting on a response.

I haven't played one that doesn't other than this. Mythic had daoc, war, swtor from bioware, rift from Trion, wow from blizzard, all had phone support.

The week of launch at this kind of volume?

And don't get me started on Blizzard giving me WoW support for my SC2 issue. :rolleyes:

I haven't played one that doesn't other than this. Mythic had daoc, war, swtor from bioware, rift from Trion, wow from blizzard, all had phone support.

Just checked the website for your favorite game TSW and all I see is live chat or email. So maybe you might want to back off this talking point.

You didn't look very hard, then...

(919) 882-9547

Quick google brought it right up.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/support

Not shown there, can't find that number anywhere i see on google.Keep the crusade alive buddy, the 200k total sales and 50% layoffs at funcom are certainly a sign that they have created a superior product.

http://www.bbb.org/raleigh-durham/business-reviews/software-developers/funcom-in-durham-nc-3001204

Just found it, thats the main phone nmber of their NC office, and isnt listed as a support number at all.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=216967

and a thread from AoC confirming funcom doesnt do phone support.

http://www.bbb.org/western-washingt...d-developers/arenanet-in-bellevue-wa-22017235

I can find a random numbe for Arenanet's office too that has nothing to do with support if thats all that matters.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/support

Not shown there, can't find that number anywhere i see on google.Keep the crusade alive buddy, the 200k total sales and 50% layoffs at funcom are certainly a sign that they have created a superior product.

I've found plenty of threads saying they called and got support, so one person's opinion as to "Oh, it's a corporate number" doesn't mean much ;). Regardless, my point is made... every MMO I have played has had easily-found phone support except GW2.

What does any other MMO have to do with GW2 not having phone support? Kinda confused as to why you're talking about TSW to be honest. I wasn't bringing it up.

What does any other MMO have to do with GW2 not having phone support? .

You're the one who said every other mmo has phone support, then you ask how other games are relevant? I can find no credible evidence that TSW has it, and let's be real here you know why I brought up TSW you go out of your way daily to bash GW2 in favor of TSW.

You're the one who said every other mmo has phone support, then you ask how other games are relevant? I can find no credible evidence that TSW has it, and let's be real here you know why I brought up TSW you go out of your way daily to bash GW2 in favor of TSW.

Just because I don't like the game you like, really doesn't mean anything as far as that goes. No one here (I hope) has any vendetta or stake in these games success', or lack thereof. I'm just posting my opinion, like you are. As far as phone support, as I said... every MMO I have played has a number, be it on their site or doing a quick google. ArenaNet isn't even BBB accredited, while the number I listed for Funcom is, though since you keep harping on that one title out of the many I listed. As you said before in this thread, let's not derail this thread too far... I'm trying to stay on-topic.

Where was that picture from before... here we go, that someone had posted.... http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1039076914&postcount=3457

Oh, and... if TSW is so horrible, why are you subscribed (game requires a subscription to post) and yelling on its forums, exactly? It's not even just once or twice to boast about GW2, but you've been doing it for several weeks according to your post history there? When being accused of trolling on there, you then go to the line that you laughed at me using (despite it being true in my case), of "Just because someone doesn't share your opinion about something doesn't mean they're trolling" almost verbatim: right here. Additionally you say that people who give a game a 10 have "completely biased opinions" and then proceed to say you're unbiased here, despite doing nothing but praising GW2 for its awesomeness.

I may not like GW2 but I'm voicing my opinions on its positives and negatives rather than slothing them off.

Last edited:
Are you people done? Seriously, it's like you hang out together, and your rag has synced up or something.

this is probably the most information i found

http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/mystic-forge-and-mystic-vendor-in-the-guild-wars-2/870/

more then the wiki

im sure there will be a substantial guide incoming soon that will give us more detailed information

Another use case is that you may be deep in Kessex Hills (level 25 area) and want to go back to Divinity's Reach (Human Main City). You open up your map, and see that you can teleport back there, but at a cost of 1 silver. You could do the free route of running back the entire way. Or, just portal yourself to Heart of the Mists, go through the Lion's Arch portal. Then teleport to the all races main gates in Lion's Arch, then run through the Divinity's Reach portal. Free, and that should take you a total of 30 seconds.

Thanks guys, I will check it out tonight.

$79 down the drain

What was your character's name?

There has been a ton of bans for people breaking the EULA.

I think they are even banning now for the "cave" dynamic event exploit.

Anyone have any dungeon tips?

Tried Ascalonian Catacombs last night, we got absolutely clobbered. Everything was dying really slowly and it was just difficult to mitigate damage on our end. We managed to get towards the end before the servers went down for an update, but we were dying left and right.

What was your character's name?

There has been a ton of bans for people breaking the EULA.

I think they are even banning now for the "cave" dynamic event exploit.

Char name was Micro Fro and Hoofelhof. Nothing bad about either one. I think it was an account hack, waiting for support

Anyone have any dungeon tips?

Tried Ascalonian Catacombs last night, we got absolutely clobbered. Everything was dying really slowly and it was just difficult to mitigate damage on our end. We managed to get towards the end before the servers went down for an update, but we were dying left and right.

I have not done the catacombs (30) yet but I have done the Manor (40) and I ended up two manning most of it with a guardian. (I am a thief)

Initially, we had a lot of difficullty but once we started using the environment ot our advantage to do such things and split groups and block projectiles, it was considerably more fun and 'accomplish-able'. These tactics translated perfectly to the full 5 man once the other three members arived.

Other that that:

CTRL+T marks an enemy
T targets a marked enemy
Focus fire ranged/caster enemies down first while someone tries to kite melee
ALWAYS dodge damage, UNLESS there is a power move you know of coming up
Almost every class can kite, take advantage of this
Don't build 'glass howitzer' style, you need some surviveability
Use your -entire party's- abilities to the best possible tactical advantage and not just your own

Side note: Manor is FANTASTIC loot and experience. There are 3/4 chests with loot PER PERSON and 20k exp and 13 silver awarded to each player uppon completion. Very cool stuff.

k1pp3r,

Best of luck to you, that's a very strange situation. I hop GW2 has it's own two factor authentication system coming in the very near future.

I have not done the catacombs (30) yet but I have done the Manor (40) and I ended up two manning most of it with a guardian. (I am a thief)

Initially, we had a lot of difficullty but once we started using the environment ot our advantage to do such things and split groups and block projectiles, it was considerably more fun and 'accomplish-able'. These tactics translated perfectly to the full 5 man once the other three members arived.

Other that that:

CTRL+T marks an enemy
T targets a marked enemy
Use your -entire party's- abilities to the best possible tactical advantage and not just your own

Side note: Manor is FANTASTIC loot and experience. There are 3/4 chests with loot PER PERSON and 20k exp and 13 silver awarded to each player uppon completion. Very cool stuff.

k1pp3r,

Best of luck to you, that's a very strange situation. I hop GW2 has it's own two factor authentication system coming in the very near future.

Thats great advice there! I made the mistake of making my thief a class cannon like every other character of the arch type I have ever played. Ya dirt napping made me fix it lol

Other that that:

CTRL+T marks an enemy
T targets a marked enemy

Thanks.

I have a Thief with mostly crit and acrobatics. I spent most of my time ducking in and out behind walls and just trying to stay alive. But mobs were spamming aoe traps like crazy (that red circle gives you warning but it was very short, and doesn't help much when like 90% of the floor is covered with them). But even the petty mobs took ages to kill, and that combination (plus incoming direct fire that was rough) just kept killing us off. I probably spent as much time trying to heal downed party members as I did shooting stuff.

Probably didn't help that I was grouping with a bunch of random people, but that's all I got at the moment.

i reverted back to non-beta drivers 301.42 and the performance is significantly better with my 670. i mean WAY better. obviously it could be even better then it is now but i wont complain. both beta drivers 304.xx and 306.xx had me raging.

I'm thinking of picking this game up but I just sold my main gaming rig and only have my backup/HTPC listed in my sig and am worried the Q9550 / 5870 combo is going to struggle running it.

Is anyone else out there running this game on an older system like mine? Upgrades are not an option.

I'm thinking of picking this game up but I just sold my main gaming rig and only have my backup/HTPC listed in my sig and am worried the Q9550 / 5870 combo is going to struggle running it.

Is anyone else out there running this game on an older system like mine? Upgrades are not an option.

I'm running on a Q8300 with a GTX 260, and the performance is pretty good for me.

My friends finally convinced me to get it, so I guess Ill be buying it in the morning. Were on jade quarry. Anyone else on that server?

Thinking of building a necro or ranger. Are there any guides to help get me started?

Ok so I decided to the buy the game. :p I'll join Borlis server or whatever and look for you guys! My display name is Stefaun.5264 !!!

Back