• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

this isn't an mmo thread its a guild wars 2 thread which happens to be an mmo. Im not a lover of gw2 just a pre purchaser who hasn't played yet. I have no opinions other then what I've seen from videos. You're just trolling now anyways

@toe ! I'll hit you up this week to get everybody in. Looks like my buddy donks already joined :)

Dear lord..... You haven't even played, yet are going around accusing people of trolling because they disagree with your imagined notions of how the game must be? Just.... No words.... So silly.
 
I'm having a blast exploring the human city. I'm not an rp player, but there are tons of little niche places that are perfect. Not to mention finding towers that let you see a quarter of the city at a time.
 
I'm still averaging 70-100 FPS with a 7970 at 1080p, maybe dipping down to 50 or so during the absolute worst of times. That's down from the 90-140 I was getting in the last few stress tests, but still miles better than what I was getting during the BWEs.

EDIT: Apparently it's doing a little worse in the Sylvari starting area. Always seemed kind of zone-dependent. But if I'm above 60 I'm not complaining.
 
Dear lord..... You haven't even played, yet are going around accusing people of trolling because they disagree with your imagined notions of how the game must be? Just.... No words.... So silly.

GoldenTiger said:
Shiny new toys lose their luster quickly if they aren't truly good. Let me know in a few days or a week.

Stop_liking_what_I_dont_like-n1315212424812-1.jpg
 
Dumb question time: What is up with titles? The Hero Achievements window is the only place I find anything to do with titles, and there seems to be no way to choose to display them over my character's head. I don't seem to be able to find any way to select myself, so my name never shows. I don't think I'm alone in this because I have not yet seen anyone else displaying a title.
 
I'm having a blast exploring the human city. I'm not an rp player, but there are tons of little niche places that are perfect. Not to mention finding towers that let you see a quarter of the city at a time.

The human city is pretty awesome, now if only i could bring myself to play a human.
 
PSA: Be careful when betting Mad Mardine how far the Cow will go !!!

It was a 50 silver bet and I lost... which was nearly all my money :( I have no idea what happens if you win the bet, but it's a real bet. I thought it was a joke, but alas it is not.
 
My fps has been around 30, what's odd is I don't notice a difference when I play it full screen vs windowed. That's with a 470 on a 2560x1600, it's almost making me want a video card upgrade although it's very playable. Interestingly when I first logged in on my laptop it was suggesting that I upgrade to the 304 beta Nvidia drivers so maybe that will help when it's officially released.
 
PSA: Be careful when betting Mad Mardine how far the Cow will go !!!

It was a 50 silver bet and I lost... which was nearly all my money :( I have no idea what happens if you win the bet, but it's a real bet. I thought it was a joke, but alas it is not.

haha that sucks so bad, yea i'm having some income problems since the trading post is down. I just hit 11 on my engineer and had to read through stuff twice to ensure that I did in fact need to purchase that 10s book to unlock traits as that was half of my money.
 
Why the hell doesn't this game have a trade Window? Mail seems to be broke half the time. Why can't my brother give me materials. Only through the action house? Booo
 
Why the hell doesn't this game have a trade Window? Mail seems to be broke half the time. Why can't my brother give me materials. Only through the action house? Booo

Same reason it won't let you move chat or mod the UI.... It's another half baked game.
 
[. MG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e45/Awexssawsomepicts1/Stop_liking_what_I_dont_like-n1315212424812-1.jpg[/IMG]

Lol, dude he said he hasn't even played, yet is bashing people who are really not liking it and have played it extensively. Continue posting cute pictures, I don't care......
 
Lol, dude he said he hasn't even played, yet is bashing people who are really not liking it and have played it extensively. Continue posting cute pictures, I don't care......

To be fair, nobody has really played the game. It's only been out 16ish ours. It's very hard to accurately judge a game like this in only 16 hours.

When a good majority of the people hit 80 and then if they claim it's a boring I will take there opinion to heart. Until then the opinions are nothing but a fart in the wind.
 
To be fair, nobody has really played the game. It's only been out 16ish ours. It's very hard to accurately judge a game like this in only 16 hours.

When a good majority of the people hit 80 and then if they claim it's a boring I will take there opinion to heart. Until then the opinions are nothing but a fart in the wind.
Most of the judging is being done based on beta/stress test experience. Which is fine, really. Doesn't seem like much has changed recently. And I played the hell out of it every chance I got.

It sucks for him that he didn't enjoy the game, and he's certainly free to say whatever he wants about it. But he can't convince me I'm not having fun.
 
So far, I have been having a bit of fun with the game. I have been a tad "annoyed" because I am anal, and the second I have gotten a new weapon I go unlock all the skills ASAP, not because its a better weapon but that I want the skills done.

I have just about all of them unlocked now at level 10 and am finally bringing out the great sword on my warrior and smashing faces as hard as possible.

The biggest complaint of people saying the game is on rails from what I am seeing is they are "Questing" not "Adventuring" Everything in this game is designed around you having an adventure, exploring and seeing the areas, interacting with people, not running around doing quests as fast as possible to reach max level.

Do what you want, how you want, and have some fun exploring the world.
 
While I am enjoying the game at 2560x1600 with everything on high/ultra. I am just barely hits 60 FPS in crossfire in crowded areas. I just don't understand how this game is pushing my system THAT hard. It feels like I am playing in window mode than full screen when I know it's selected full screen. Graphics are amazing for DX9 game. But I still can't pin point why this game is bringing my crossfire setup to its knees. I wonder how the tri or quad graphic cards are doing.
 
To be fair, nobody has really played the game. It's only been out 16ish ours. It's very hard to accurately judge a game like this in only 16 hours.

When a good majority of the people hit 80 and then if they claim it's a boring I will take there opinion to heart. Until then the opinions are nothing but a fart in the wind.
Just goes to show how ill informed you are. Beta weekends and closed beta provided all I need.
So leave? Holy shit stop crying. You wasted your money. Too bad.

I am posting about an mmo in an mmo thread. Stop flailing and discuss the topic if you want to? Ps I am out zero dollars, thanks amazon.
 
I really cannot get into the game, something isn't "clicking" for me. Kinda bummed I spent $60, no refund through Anet or Amazon.
 
I am enjoying the game so far. Very dynamic and intuitive IMO. I dislike my character race but my wife wanted to play the hippy plant people so we did. Figure I can grunt through it.
 
Just goes to show how ill informed you are. Beta weekends and closed beta provided all I need.

I am posting about an mmo in an mmo thread. Stop flailing and discuss the topic if you want to? Ps I am out zero dollars, thanks amazon.

Why are you still posting "stop liking what I don't like"? What is it that you hope to gain?
 
Just goes to show how ill informed you are. Beta weekends and closed beta provided all I need.


I am posting about an mmo in an mmo thread. Stop flailing and discuss the topic if you want to? Ps I am out zero dollars, thanks amazon.

there's a reason people are jumping on you dude. You're being ridiculous.
 
there's a reason people are jumping on you dude. You're being ridiculous.
Agreed. It's one thing to post criticisms. That's fine. But when you just repeat yourself over and over again, it goes from legit criticism to annoying trolling.
 
Agreed. It's one thing to post criticisms. That's fine. But when you just repeat yourself over and over again, it goes from legit criticism to annoying trolling.

I was defending my criticisms from people trying to discredit and dismiss them. I'd argue these people are the ones "trolling" if anyone is. I do think they are just misguided though, and not trying to outright do that.
 
My system died so I played the start on integrated graphics and was still enjoying the game. There wasn't any lag and I didn't have any problems until 7 am. I can't believe I got in 3 hours early. It was pretty awesome. I'm going to have to say that the people being critical of a gigantic mmo during the first day (early access btw) and demand refunds and the like are just not being realistic. This is an action mmo- it requires faster and more sophisticated servers and they work pretty well given the intense conditions. The game is going to smooth out if you give it a chance. Don't expect miracles on launch days...
 
Game is fun as hell even though I don't have a clue what 20% of the stuff on the map is about. I'm really loving the atmosphere and the combat in groups.
 
I really cannot get into the game, something isn't "clicking" for me. Kinda bummed I spent $60, no refund through Anet or Amazon.

I feel the same way. It's a good MMO and I've only played for a few hours but I don't really feel like logging in (I'm not burnt out on it as I purposely avoided the beta/stress tests, previews, hype, videos, etc.). There's just nothing there that grabs me; maybe I'm just burnt out on MMOs in general.
 
I feel the same way. It's a good MMO and I've only played for a few hours but I don't really feel like logging in (I'm not burnt out on it as I purposely avoided the beta/stress tests, previews, hype, videos, etc.). There's just nothing there that grabs me; maybe I'm just burnt out on MMOs in general.
I felt the same way during my first BWE, and that spanned many more than just a few hours. I was pretty bummed.

But then I changed my approach to how I was playing the game and discovered I was having a LOT of fun. I expect it has to be different for different people, but I went in expecting a decent story and a fairly linear leveling process (and got anything but in both regards) with some PVP on the side. But then I started exploring other starting zones, dong meta events, crafting, basically anything to fill the gaps in the levels and all of a sudden the game had basically completely redeemed itself in my eyes. There's not much order to it, but I think the game pulls that off in a good way.

Not trying to tell you you'd enjoy it if you give it another shot. Just relating my experience.
 
I've yet to get to content I haven't touched in the BWE's. Full cleared Lion's Arch, Divinity's Reach, Black Citadel, Plains of Ashford, Diessa Plateau, and am almost done with Snowden Drifts now.

One thing that is bugging me a lot which didn't happen in the BWE's is that the camera just does not behave properly in triple wide. I have no idea what they changed, but the camera will freeze in place if it thinks it's stuck (even though it's not). The game is VERY particular about not allowing camera clipping right now. This happens in tight indoor areas or mostly in the jumping puzzles where my character is against a ledge etc. Fortunately, Alt+Enter toggles fullscreen and windowed single screen mode almost instantly. Kind of annoying though.
 
Anyone getting 40+ fps in big wvw battles with max settings care to chime in with your hardware?
 
For those coming from other MMOs i have found the trick to enjoying the game more. You have to stop and remind yourself to SLOW THE FUCK DOWN every once in a while. Its too easy to get into the old MMO mentality and gogogogogo level.

That said, if you follow the main story quest and ignore side stuff you will find yourself seriously underleveled. I dont think thats a good idea, i like having options but i dont like being forced to do side stuff if i dont want to just to continue on the main story line.

Dynamic events are meh, they are fun but rift did them better to be completely honest.

Tried WvW, honestly i dont know what to think. It really is like a massive battleground with different areas to fight but right now its such a massive clusterfuck i just couldnt have fun with it. Nobody knew where to go or what to do, i found a group fighting some npc boss and it took 30 minutes to down it. 30 minutes for about 20 of us to down a boss for nothing but XP and it was fun, who would have thought...

All in all i am enjoying kicking ass with my norn warrior. Being able to switch from my longbow to my melee weapons is good fun (expect a greatsword nerf seriously). One small thing that bugs me is that the warrior and thief end up being more of a typical ranger class than the actual rangers. To me a ranger should be all about weapons, dealing massive damage from near or far but in GW2 they balance rangers based on that pet.

Solid effort but far from the second coming. Frankly if this game was not sub free it would never stand a chance and after playing i have seen first hand there is very serious potential for some douchebaggery with the cash shop that could potentially destroy this game quick as shit.
 
Dynamic events are meh, they are fun but rift did them better to be completely honest.

i guess you werent playing rift when skull mobs rapes lvl 5 towns like its nobodys business lol. those dynamic events in rift were horrible.

but that said i dont really care for dynamic events. the thing i enjoy about gw2 is the jump around finding stuff and the combat. some of the quests are quite bad.
 
i guess you werent playing rift when skull mobs rapes lvl 5 towns like its nobodys business lol. those dynamic events in rift were horrible.

but that said i dont really care for dynamic events. the thing i enjoy about gw2 is the jump around finding stuff and the combat. some of the quests are quite bad.
The regular dynamics events aren't that great, but I think some of the meta events are pretty cool.
 
I felt the same way during my first BWE, and that spanned many more than just a few hours. I was pretty bummed.

But then I changed my approach to how I was playing the game and discovered I was having a LOT of fun. I expect it has to be different for different people, but I went in expecting a decent story and a fairly linear leveling process (and got anything but in both regards) with some PVP on the side. But then I started exploring other starting zones, dong meta events, crafting, basically anything to fill the gaps in the levels and all of a sudden the game had basically completely redeemed itself in my eyes. There's not much order to it, but I think the game pulls that off in a good way.

Not trying to tell you you'd enjoy it if you give it another shot. Just relating my experience.

THIS x100

Basically playing like a game, and not an mmo grind, leads to hours of things to do....

I dunno, but GW2 is the first MMO since EQ *the first one* that I actually am going out and exploring every area I can, and I'm not really caring about leveling.

GW2's dynamic events are 10x better than WAR's or Rift lol.
 
I'm not sure why you fall so fast in this game. If you jump off a ledge it is like you teleport to the ground. If they can increase the framerate I could see this game being a nice little diversion from time to time..
 
Just posting to say this game's awesome. great job they did with everything. Having a blast playing with some friends, but even solo was a lot of fun too. I think the biggest anxiety I had before launch was the questionable performance, but I have yet to see below 50FPS, and my card is only @ 1100MHz. I think a lot of the complainers in this thread simply need to get out more - if all you've done with your life is play MMO's, you'll get bored of them no matter what.
 
Back
Top