The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

well now i get a mix of "no current events" error screens and server was unable to authenticate your gameplay privalges. Getting closer :p

Try 3 hours. It doesnt unlock at 12 eastern.

12 EST is 9 PST.

There is a such things as the West Coast, and some of us people do live there.

They made it clear [Anet] in their emails that they would be aiming to a 9pm PST starting time. How many times does it need to be said? We all going to argue over clocks now?

9pm PST, 12am PST at the latest if there are any issues on their end.

P.S.
I'm in now. Just went live.

Oh shit its up!, just tried again and it logged me in, sittign at server select screen now :D

It's up, and I'm in. They went up somewhere near 9pm PST (I happen to live in that time zone).

Woot, teamviewed in from work, got my name saved, and a buddies as well.

Get off work early tonight at 2am!!!....it will be a glorious 6 days off to play!!

Wow, every single name I tried was unavailable.

Most of them 3-4 letters, but I got in instantly at 11 and went direct to character naming.

Lag's pretty unbearable (Borlis Pass). May have to cut out for tonight and try again tomorrow. It's frozen in perpetual combat. :p

Anyone try to message Toe on Borlis? I'm hoping he isn't too hammered to not see the chat. :p

I guess it's really easy to switch servers from what I am reading, that's nice, having to pay money to switch is pretty much bullshit. Is there an [H] guild or server?

Last edited:
Fun... but this overflow thing is annoying. Can't complete anything. I'm off to bed. A crap ton of caffeine isn't helping.

Someone took Hornet :( And many of the Stargate characters LOL.
Settled for Beliskner, in Sea of Sorrows

[F8];1039075547 said:
I guess it's really easy to switch servers from what I am reading, that's nice, having to pay money to switch is pretty much bullshit. Is there an [H] guild or server?

It will be free initially so if your planned guild or friends are elsewhere, you can switch to their server. Everyone will be free to regroup with their friends for the time being without any cost.

Can't sign in.... sad.

Same! Even worse yet, the seemed to have disconnected my previous login from my old account and i can login with my old credentials but it wants me to put in a different email address (the same i just logged in with), because my current one is already in use (DOH!!!).
I made a new email account and can login now but my GW2 account, that was connected to my GW1 account are now completely different entities with different accounts.

This sucks donkey doodle!

Whoa wtf, for anyone who bought the digital deluxe edition, are the pet and some of the items only ONE character?

I made a new character, and I assumed all of the deluxe items (like the mini charr pet) would be there, but I only received one new mail, and the old mail which contained those items was in my inbox (but obviously already put on the earlier character).

Why on earth would they make it like that? I am glad I didn't delete him yet, that would have made me super pissed off.

That kind of shit needs to be account based, not one characte rhten it's gone.

Wow, every single name I tried was unavailable.

Most of them 3-4 letters, but I got in instantly at 11 and went direct to character naming.

Same here and I got in as soon as the servers came up. Oh well. Game is still loads of fun. Just got finished playing after 3 hours.

LOL, my pre-order from amazon seems to still be valid for logging in. Guess I'll give it one last shot before since it's free for me to try for a few days on off-hours. The guild I was joining pre-launch was already burning me out on the game during BWE's, I'm thinking :p to an extent.

Last edited:
cause its unique to all servers. i think this was stupid idea.

I like global names - I hate playing a game and then having to rename my characters because of a consolidation or because I need to move..

I suspect they had a substantial number of people with pre-reserved names or something.

Shortest name I got was "Fixy" for my Asura Engineer.

LOL even on everything on low, and cant stop from getting major slowdown/stutter when I Turn period.

Gpu's go from 40% usage to randomly being 25% on one, 32% on anothert 41% on another when turning.

Using the 304.79 drivers....Nvidia needs to release some new ones damnit

Bed time, had a fun night. The overflow servers are fucking genius. So glad I didn't sit there in a queue all night not being able to play.

It's really nice to be able to play with friends when you both are in overflow servers too. Unfortunately whenever I kept getting into the main server, I would experience quite a bit of lag and then disconnect-- the overflow servers were much better in the lag department, so we just opted to stay in the overflow servers for the night.

Great game so far! :D

I was kicked a few minutes ago, "incorrect password" flashed on my screen and then CTD.

I cannot log in now- "game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server."

Anyone else able to log in?

I was kicked a few minutes ago, "incorrect password" flashed on my screen and then CTD.

I cannot log in now- "game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server."

Ditto, and I was on a skill challenge boooo.

Same here.

Well that does it then for tonight! Thanks for the confirmation guys.

Back