The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

It is PST.

But they might be bringing the servers up, up to 3 hours early. I know I'm going to be sitting at my computer at 9 pm PST trying to log in.

This...sitting in vent clicking "login" over and over until I get it. Then I'll just create 2 characters. Depending on the time, play for a bit or crash and start off the following morning.

www.computervalley.ca is giving away 3 day headstart codes. I just got one for myself and my wife. Just go and like they're facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/computervalleyca/app_201143516562748

Looks like 4.99 CAD to me, when you click on "click here"...

EDIT: Has to be a Canadian address to "ship" the code too, not sure if they email it to you, or actually send it physically (which would be idiotic). Used a buddy's address, hopefully I got a code to try. Nothing in my email so far, still "pending" on their site.

Guitar, did you get it via email?

Additional EDIT: Ok so, there's an american version of the site as well (change out the .ca at end to .com). Same coupon code, I just did that as well.

Last edited:
Looks like 4.99 CAD to me, when you click on "click here"...

EDIT: Has to be a Canadian address to "ship" the code too, not sure if they email it to you, or actually send it physically (which would be idiotic). Used a buddy's address, hopefully I got a code to try. Nothing in my email so far, still "pending" on their site.

Guitar, did you get it via email?

Additional EDIT: Ok so, there's an american version of the site as well (change out the .ca at end to .com). Same coupon code, I just did that as well.

i wont be on until sunday night unfortunately ;(

man im getting some HORRBILE performance with my TRI-SLI going. Sure I get 60fps, but it lags everytime I turn the damn mouse.....wtf

I am using the 304.79 drivers as well, anyone know if Nvidia plans to release new drivers for guild wars 2?

man im getting some HORRBILE performance with my TRI-SLI going. Sure I get 60fps, but it lags everytime I turn the damn mouse.....wtf

I am using the 304.79 drivers as well, anyone know if Nvidia plans to release new drivers for guild wars 2?

yes.. they are late but they are coming. and they fix issues specific to GW2

305.xx

Anet's stress test numbers demonstrate that SLI/Xfire currently aren't very well supported.

;(

I still haven't received a code, from either site. :mad:

It took me about 10min to get mine. They didn't e-mail it, I logged into my computervalley account and the code was there. I just registered it and started downloading the client.

Aw yeah, I got a code (ironically, from the Canadian site first haha). I made my account, and linked it to the old GW1 account I had. Now to download the client. :)

It took me about 10min to get mine. They didn't e-mail it, I logged into my computervalley account and the code was there. I just registered it and started downloading the client.

Mine was emailed to me, odd. The American version of the site is still processing however, may be able to get another code.

Anet's stress test numbers demonstrate that SLI/Xfire currently aren't very well supported.

I definitely got improved performance with xfire after installing the last crossfire profiles. I don't know how they could have the exact same #'s for single and crossfire cards unless it was from a previous test.

I definitely got improved performance with xfire after installing the last crossfire profiles. I don't know how they could have the exact same #'s for single and crossfire cards unless it was from a previous test.

idk what he is talking about. the Anet post about optimization had nothing in regards to SLI/XFire that I saw.. nor were there benchmarks

drivers for the game are incoming from Nvidia. AMD users look to be in much better shape anyways.

that was one fast hour...wow

btw, whatever they're doin with the graphics, they look FANTASTIC !!!!

did i mention that was one fast hour

idk what he is talking about. the Anet post about optimization had nothing in regards to SLI/XFire that I saw.. nor were there benchmarks

drivers for the game are incoming from Nvidia. AMD users look to be in much better shape anyways.

Their graph had a 6990 performing the same as a 6970.

Well, I guess it isn't exactly 'sli/xfire' but the blog they put out about performance showed the exactly same framerate for an amd 6970 and 6990. That's what I was confused about.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/bill-freist-talks-optimization-and-performance/

did you stress test this bitch? fucking work keeping me from getting my fixxx

Nah, just leaving work now unfortunately, still need to download as well, which I'll do tonight. Hey if you haven't bought it yet, do that computervalley coupon thing, you can buy it at the end of the early-access, which is what I'll do. FYI, I got a code already a while back (in email) from the Canadian site, but still processing for the US site.

Nah, just leaving work now unfortunately, still need to download as well, which I'll do tonight. Hey if you haven't bought it yet, do that computervalley coupon thing, you can buy it at the end of the early-access, which is what I'll do. FYI, I got a code already a while back (in email) from the Canadian site, but still processing for the US site.

i bought it a couple days ago for the 48$ on gamefly.. so not bad. use that 12$ to buy some gems or something :D

i bought it a couple days ago for the 48$ on gamefly.. so not bad. use that 12$ to buy some gems or something :D

Or beer. Beer's always a good idea. Get the good stuff though (Sam Adams/Other Imports).

another stress test at 4:00PM only for an hour -_-

fuck you Anet. I wont be home till 5:30

i bought a code from the gw2 website but i forgot my original gw password so i reset it, but the website is not accepting my new password for some reason.

does it take a few hours before the website recognize your new password?

I'm having the same pword issue right now. It will come back right away with a incorrect password but it will eventually time out with an invalid password after a couple of minutes. I guess the server is borked?

ArenaNet has been drug dealer this week with all these short stress tests, saying "You wanna get high?"

Yeah something is seriously wrong with their login systems, you can't even login to the website (invalid password error) Hopefully they'll resolve this and have a nice long stress test :)

Back