• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

Also, as you discover new way points throughout the world, you can instantly port to those points from anywhere at anytime.
 
There are no mounts in GW2.

There are swiftness buffs (30% speed increase) for a limited duration.

In addition, once you unlock a waypoint, sprinkled all over most maps, you can teleport back to it for a nominal fee. Also there are teleport portals (Asura gates) in largely populated areas.
 
One does not simply walk to Freeport.

Also Gandalf. That's ok right? That they put Gandalf in there? While they're at it, this game needs more Keanu Reeves.

Mungojerrie said:
Back in my day you used to log on for three hours to simply get to where you wanted to play later... uphill... both ways.

I don't know why, but for some reason I died laughing when I read this.
 
I'm very fast, and yeah that was an epic fail

I am...very sneaky, sir.

Anyone? Movie quote?




To keep things on topic: I hope I get in the game later on tonight, if not, I'll have to go to sleep drunk, and not play the game drunk. :(
 
I am...very sneaky, sir.

Anyone? Movie quote?




To keep things on topic: I hope I get in the game later on tonight, if not, I'll have to go to sleep drunk, and not play the game drunk. :(

Mr. Deeds? and I will likely drunk game tonight
 
I'm surprised they don't bury the power lines out there?

Having the power lines in your neighborhoods buried may help a little, but the transmission lines (BIG lines you see) and the distribution lines that come out of the subs will never all be buried. It's massively expensive to have buried transmission lines. So there will always be ways for people to lose power. There will never be a way to completely prevent power outages.

When a giant storm hits, like Irene, 80% of the power outages are because the transmission lines went down, or the substations get flooded or destroyed. The other 20% is the transformers or overhead lines going out. When we go on storms, we fix the things that get the most people on the fastest. Usually transmission lines -> subs -> overhead distribution -> individual houses. Like when the wire from the transformer to your house gets torn down.
 
Mr. Deeds? and I will likely drunk game tonight

Nice, didn't think anyone would get that.

I'll be on, wasted from earlier bar-hopping, but not before tearing apart a back deck, ugh.

You playing on Borlis Pass sir, with a bunch of us?
 
I am...very sneaky, sir.

Anyone? Movie quote?




To keep things on topic: I hope I get in the game later on tonight, if not, I'll have to go to sleep drunk, and not play the game drunk. :(

I have the same plan my man! Just got back from the liquor store! What are you going to be drinking on?
 
I have the same plan my man! Just got back from the liquor store! What are you going to be drinking on?

Beer, I'll probably have 9-10 Oktoberfests in my belly, along with a Margarita or two, before I get home and 'attempt' to log on.
 
Beer, I'll probably have 9-10 Oktoberfests in my belly, along with a Margarita or two, before I get home and 'attempt' to log on.

Going out to bars myself, 5$ well pitchers... I probably will have trouble making it home, glad the bar is like a block from my apartment
 
So do we have a guild forming up on Borliss Pass or something?

Also, I hope this game isn't all hype. So many MMORPG's have been super-hyped, then turned out to be failures. I've got it downloaded and ready to go, and I guess we'll all know soon enough if it's going to actually be good.
 
So do we have a guild forming up on Borliss Pass or something?

Also, I hope this game isn't all hype. So many MMORPG's have been super-hyped, then turned out to be failures. I've got it downloaded and ready to go, and I guess we'll all know soon enough if it's going to actually be good.

I'm with you, tired of the mmo hype machine. I have my doubts about this game but so far it's the most promising. I have been around for too many mmo launches.
 
sounds like Toe has a guild going but he said there is a lot of members already..

i have a vent and some old forums i might just start something and [H] members are welcome to join
 
sounds like Toe has a guild going but he said there is a lot of members already..

i have a vent and some old forums i might just start something and [H] members are welcome to join

Why not just join up with them? Plenty of guilds out there at the 1000 person cap and I don't think they have nearly that many.
 
sounds like Toe has a guild going but he said there is a lot of members already..

i have a vent and some old forums i might just start something and [H] members are welcome to join

I'm sure he can fit in a few more, Toe's a beast.

I'd be down to chip in for a big ass Mumble (Not Vent, Mumble's better quality!), if Toe doesn't have one already/we need one. Can be pretty affordable.
 
Sorry if I missed it. What server are you [H]ers joining? I would like to join up as well if there is room for me. :)
 
sounds like Toe has a guild going but he said there is a lot of members already..

i have a vent and some old forums i might just start something and [H] members are welcome to join

YHPM. I misread the roster! We'd love to have you guys, as well as other cool H members.
 
I'm with you, tired of the mmo hype machine. I have my doubts about this game but so far it's the most promising. I have been around for too many mmo launches.

At least 60 hours from the BWEs & stress test's alone.... and I am still chomping at the bit to play more.
 
Me and my brother are in if you'll take us Toe. Any sort of faction restrictions we should know about before we hit the server?
 
Back
Top