The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

Yeah, going to join Toe, not like I have anywhere else to go really.

aight cool, we got about 15-20 ish people might just make our own guild not sure though! hit me up and we will play my dude

I just realized the headstart event is starting on Saturday...crap. Is the headstart event only for those who purchased from the site, or? In-store too?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/services/faq/

That will answer your questions without issue IMO.

A Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchase involves buying the game in advance—that is, making full payment either through our website or through one of our authorized retailers. Those who pre-purchase Guild Wars 2 earn special benefits, including guaranteed access to our Beta Weekend Events, admittance to the game three days before release during the Headstart Access period, and the Hero's Band, a fantastic in-game item that provides a boost to your character in everything from power to critical damage. Those who pre-purchase the game will receive a Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchase serial code from the seller. This code provides access to all the privileges listed above. The Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchase is offered for the Digital, Digital Deluxe, and Collector's Editions of the game.

A Guild Wars 2 Pre-Order is a commitment to purchase Guild Wars 2 through an authorized retailer. Pre-ordering usually involves making a modest deposit. Those who pre-order Guild Wars 2 will be given a special serial code from their retailer that allows them one day of Headstart Access to the game.

Do we have someone making an [H] guild on Borlis or is it mainly Toe's guild picking up [H] members?

why not just get the digital deluxe edition using the 20% off on gamefly? you still get the headstart and with the 20% off it costs 63$ which is less then a retailer with tax or 3$ more then the online standard

why not just get the digital deluxe edition using the 20% off on gamefly? you still get the headstart and with the 20% off it costs 63$ which is less then a retailer with tax or 3$ more then the online standard

Because some people purchased when it was announced instead of waiting. At that time, a lot of "iffyness" happened when online retailers were not yet offering headstart services. After a week or two, those online retailers offered that service.

Why did I not wait? I did not wait and chose to buy direct, as I believe A.Net to be a solid, hard-working game developer and want to give them the full amount. At that point, the difference between 59$ versus 51$ or whatever was not something to worry about.

Because some people purchased when it was announced instead of waiting. At that time, a lot of "iffyness" happened when online retailers were not yet offering headstart services. After a week or two, those online retailers offered that service.

Why did I not wait? I did not wait and chose to buy direct, as I believe A.Net to be a solid, hard-working game developer and want to give them the full amount. At that point, the difference between 59$ versus 51$ or whatever was not something to worry about.

im just making a suggestion to those that havent purchased yet my dude

Do we have someone making an [H] guild on Borlis or is it mainly Toe's guild picking up [H] members?

I think it may be Toe and friends picking people up, which seems fine to me.

dremic said:

No point, for me anyway. Doesn't come with anything astoundingly, or even generally, interesting. After doing some thinking, I may just go ahead and get it with 20% for the standard edition (as planned) from greenmangaming, and wait until Tuesday. Save myself some cash, and continue playing Sleeping Dogs. I'm looking forward to playing GW2, but I'm honestly in no huge rush to play, especially if I can save myself 20% off retail.

I think it may be Toe and friends picking people up, which seems fine to me.

No point, for me anyway. Doesn't come with anything astoundingly, or even generally, interesting. After doing some thinking, I may just go ahead and get it with 20% for the standard edition (as planned) from greenmangaming, and wait until Tuesday. Save myself some cash, and continue playing Sleeping Dogs.

the games gonna be boring till i can play anyways :D

@Toe I got a lot of people...if you are willing to take us all, the more players the more fun the game will be

the games gonna be boring till i can play anyways :D

Basically ;), but we'll see, I tend to make hasty decision when I buy shit, so I may be playing Saturday, I may not be. Meh. I've still gotta get a lot of shit together for a game-development project I'm workin on (with the people you met on Mumble a few days ago), so it's not like I don't have shit to do! :eek:

Pondering if I should just get the Digital Deluxe since Gamefly has the discount. Looks like I'd have to pay $59.99 for the standard anyway at this point..

Pondering if I should just get the Digital Deluxe since Gamefly has the discount. Looks like I'd have to pay $59.99 for the standard anyway at this point..

exactly ;) 63 dollars with a coupon. unfortunately the benefits arent the greatest. theres no mounts in the game so no sexy mount bonus :p

its only 3 dollars mo tho

Compared to $48? Check yo math son. :eek:

I might do the Gamefly thing if it lets me get the 3-day headstart, since it would cost the same as greenmangaming (which has no 3-day headstart anymore).

You can't get it for $48 with early access anymore. So it's only $3 more for the digital deluxe vs. the standard edition. Check yo math sucker.

What da shit...so gamefly doesn't do the 3-day anymore either? F that then lol.

Greenman, here I come, for $48 without early access, because I'm cheap, and I'd rather spend money on car modifications and booze.

Greenman, here I come, for $48 without early access, because I'm cheap, and I'd rather spend money on car modifications and booze.

I'm cheap too, but I don't want to be late to the ball. I've got the Digital Deluxe version in my cart at Gamefly now. Just pondering on when to push the submit button.

they have 3day still just no more 48$ copies my dude. they sold out in like a day hahaha.

theyre just a third party cd key distributor they ran out fast. the only ones left are the deluxe

thats why im saying its 3 dollars more for the deluxe on gamefly then the standard on guildwars2.com :)

they have 3day still just no more 48$ copies my dude. they sold out in like a day hahaha.

theyre just a third party cd key distributor they ran out fast. the only ones left are the deluxe

thats why im saying its 3 dollars more for the deluxe on gamefly then the standard on guildwars2.com :)

Ah..I gotcha now. You know I program all day, my brain is fried by 11AM. So for $63, I can have Deluxe (which is poo), but still get 3-Day? I hope I got that right this time.

STRESS TEST TODAY...1 to 2 pacific time !!!

GOOD LOOKIN OUT

...Well poo.

Ok so, IF..I were to get it with the 3-day early access, Saturday @ 12am EST, right?

Yeah 12am Saturday morning

Headstart Access will begin for those who pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 three days before release, on August 25, 2012. Headstart Access will begin on August 27, 2012, for those who pre-ordered the game.

^^ straight from the FAQ as long as you prepurchase within this time frame then you will have head start access

...Well poo.

Ok so, IF..I were to get it with the 3-day early access, Saturday @ 12am EST, right?

I thought it would be starting Friday at 12am est but it might be PST since all the beta's and stress test are based around PST time. I also saw some where (can't remember) that anet is letting people in 3 hrs early to reserve names or something.

I thought it would be starting Friday at 12est but it might be PST since all the beta's and stress test are based around PST time. I also saw some where (can't remember) that anet is letting people in 3 hrs early to reserve names or something.

It is PST.

But they might be bringing the servers up, up to 3 hours early. I know I'm going to be sitting at my computer at 9 pm PST trying to log in.

^^ straight from the FAQ as long as you prepurchase within this time frame then you will have head start access

So I have until the end of tomorrow pretty much to get it. Gotcha. Man, Idk if I want the fucking $63 Deluxe version. It's not that I can't afford it, I just feel like I'm pissing money away sometimes when I pay (above) retail for games I know not much about, has happened all too often. I'd need to be peer-pressure into doing it, or something, haha. Then again, if for whatever reason you were playing before me somehow this weekend (change of plans for you), I'd be jealous as hell. :D

Just to reiterate stress test today!

We will be conducting a Stress Test TODAY from 1:00 PM PDT to 2:00 PM PDT.

We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game.

Please note:

* The Stress Test is open to anyone who has pre-PURCHASED Guild Wars 2.
* You will not be able to purchase gems.

Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

~RB

So I have until the end of tomorrow pretty much to get it. Gotcha. Man, Idk if I want the fucking $63 Deluxe version. It's not that I can't afford it, I just feel like I'm pissing money away sometimes when I pay (above) retail for games I know not much about, has happened all too often. I'd need to be peer-pressure into doing it, or something, haha. Then again, if for whatever reason you were playing before me somehow this weekend (change of plans for you), I'd be jealous as hell. :D

DO IT. BUy IT. GET IT NOW

it will easily be worth 63$ if not more my dude

DO IT. BUy IT. GET IT NOW

it will easily be worth 63$ if not more my dude

Only reason I'd get it for head-start is if you'd be playing a good portion of this weekend too :p, otherwise, I can wait. I'm on this Sleeping Dogs kick atm.

Are you saying you don't want a miniature rytlock and a chalice of freakin' glory dude!?!?

Back