The official GTA4 Thread

jonneymendoza

Supreme [H]ardness
Time to make the official Thread for this game seeing has its out next tuesday and i simply cannot wait! i just had a dream about getting the game last night! thats how desperete i am of playing this game LOL:D

I was wondering when this would show up here... every other forum I've been to already has about 20 threads going on the subject. :D

i'm looking forward to it. I pre-ordered the ps3 version.
I just hope amazon ships in a timely manner (that i get it within a week of release.)

I cant wait to pick it up! I just upgraded my hard drive on my PS3 too and space shouldnt be a problem. :p

Is it the 29th yet? :D

I'm going to try and swing by Walmart before heading into work next Tuesday. I HOPE they won't screw me over and say "Well, we don't have our shipment yet" when I know dang well they have had them sitting in the back for about a week. If they don't have them, everybody else will be sold out and I'll have to get a copy online. :(

I still want to know what differences there will be between the two versions. We all know about the DLC for the 360, but will there be any other advantages/disadvantages?
I'm holding off on choosing a version until I know a little more. Hopefully someone will leak an early review.
Either way, they're going to have zillions of these. Where I live, Target tends to put stuff on the shelf a day late, but Best Buy and Circuit City always have stuff on the release (as long as it's a release they have in advance).
I'm hoping to read an early review and just go grab the better version on release morning.

Anyone here work at Best Buy? Think they will have as many copies of GTA4 as they did of Halo3? If so, I'm not too worried about not pre-ordering.

This is the biggest game release in years, and it's multi-platform. They're going to have a TON of these.
The only real issue will be when it goes on sale. For instance, sometimes a store will have the game in the back for a week and they'll put it out the instant they can. In other cases (like Gears of War) they might not have the game yet and they'll put it out when it shows up.
The game just went gold a few days ago, so we might see some stores not having it in stock until the 30th or 1st.

I'm not in a rush to get this since my 360 is in a coffin on the way back to MS and I was going to get it for 360. I still will most likely get it for the 360 due to the DLC option, but I'll wait for reviews. I don't expect many differences between the versions though, recent multi-platform games like DMC4, COD 4 and R6V2 all seemed to play nearly identical from what I gather.

I still find it hard to belive how stoked i am for this game. I hope it lives up to its hype.

This is the biggest game release in years, and it's multi-platform. They're going to have a TON of these.
The only real issue will be when it goes on sale. For instance, sometimes a store will have the game in the back for a week and they'll put it out the instant they can. In other cases (like Gears of War) they might not have the game yet and they'll put it out when it shows up.
The game just went gold a few days ago, so we might see some stores not having it in stock until the 30th or 1st.

I hope that every store has tons of copies because it will sell like crazy. The thing that I worry about is places like Walmart, BB and CC who won't put them on the shelves until Weds instead of Tues. That is a freakin joke. I want my damn copy on Tuesday, not Wednesday. Walmart better have it on the shelves Tuesday morning before I head into crazy Nashvegas traffic or else I'll have to go kill some hookers.

I hope that every store has tons of copies because it will sell like crazy. The thing that I worry about is places like Walmart, BB and CC who won't put them on the shelves until Weds instead of Tues. That is a freakin joke. I want my damn copy on Tuesday, not Wednesday. Walmart better have it on the shelves Tuesday morning before I head into crazy Nashvegas traffic or else I'll have to go kill some hookers.
I hope Walmart doesn't pull that crap either. We plan on going in sometime between midnight and 2 a.m. on our lunch break and seeing if they have any.

BB and CC tend to put stuff out the instant that they can. Assuming they get their shipment prior to the 29th, they'll put it out. Wal-Mart's a different story. They have their own policies, and I know my local ones tend to dawdle until Thursday. Target's hit or miss. I have one local one that always puts the new stuff out at opening time on release day (6am) and another that always puts their stuff out on Wednesday, no matter how long they've had it.

Looks like my local Gamestop is going to have a Midnight release. Looks like I'll be pre-ordering there and getting it at midnight. :D

Yeah I'm also surprised about the hype around this game. I know GTA has always sold very well, but I've always got bored with the game after a week or so when I get about half way through the game. I don't think the storyline has ever kept me interested.

I'll probably just pick it up at Fry's unless there is a really good preorder deal somewhere.

when ever i play gta i always get side tracked and doing my own thing...which keeps me from getting half the missions done. i never get bored in this game. cant WAIT!

Looks like my local Gamestop is going to have a Midnight release. Looks like I'll be pre-ordering there and getting it at midnight. :D
haha yep.
I pre-odered mine last week at a gamestop.

I will be waiting at 11:00 on the 28th for the midnight release.
Then I will pull an all nighter and play all throughout the next 24 hours.

I seriously cant stop thinking about it. The anticipation is killing me inside :(

The excluse DLC for the 360 is going to be great. They are saying an entirely new city will be apart of the DLC, comprable to San Andres/Vice City. Nuts. That'd be like another game to download.

I'll pick up a copy probably at BB on release day. Shouldn't be too hard considering it's a Tuesday and all the kiddies will be at school.

I'm lazy so I just preordered from Amazon. I have free 2-day shipping since I have Amazon Prime but they have a distro center that's like 2 hrs away from where I live so I get most of my stuff in a day.

i can't imagine it would be an entirely new city. it just wouldn't make sense from a rockstar perspective. if you look at SA/VC, it took them a while to produce the game. if they have that kind of a timeline for the DLC, they would be screwing themselves out of massive profits by not selling on all systems. i can see them adding either extra missions in the existing world, or maybe adding another zone or something like that. but not an entirely new game.

not only that, but a game of that size would destroy the MS live servers. everyone downloading gigs of data? i know some demos are about a gig in size, but i don't think those demos are in as much demand as the DLC would be

That's an older quote. As of April, they seem to have gotten much more ambitious.

I don't believe that magazine. The whole notion of the DLC being equivalent to VC or SA got started by a MS blogger which later recanted that statement. The 10 hours of gameplay figure comes from Rockstar themselves.

The people making statements like this magazine "GTA4 DLC will be bigger than San Andreas", aren't quoting anyone. They're trading in rumors and attempting to entice you to buy their magazine.

The whole game of GTA4 is not bigger than San Andreas, but the DLC will be ? Ok. :D

I'm pretty excited for the game, and can't wait to see all the Opie & Anthony show references in it. Any Linger Longer-ers out there?

Just went a pre-ordered at Gamestop. They are having their midnight release next Monday night and I'll def be there! :D

As much as I want to get it at midnight, my Gamestop is in a shady area and I don't feel like going down there at night. Not to mention, I have a test at 11AM Tuesday. So I suppose I will wait until Tuesday at lunch to go get it.

Pre-ordered the premium set, gonna go to the midnight release and BOOM! Fail all my finals ;)

Pre-ordered it on Amazon for the PS3 today (I have both, but the DLC doesn't interest me at all so I went with the PS3). Hopefully they ship it the day before launch like they did with halo 3 so it gets here on launch day.

I'll be going with the PS3 version, dedicated MP servers right? I dont do P2P :p

have they released any gameplay videos ?

None that I know of. Technically a majority of the scenes from the trailers ARE gameplay, not cinematics. With alternate viewing angles and minus the GUI, of course. But actual gameplay, nope. Check YouTube, people in Europe have already gotten it and I've seen videos of people popping in the game and going through the menu and loading screen.

Can't wait d00ds!

I work the mon/tues it comes out.. But the next 6 days I took off for a memphis in may trip I planned on taking but had some people drop out so I'm not going now. So now I have just a whole week to play the game. Yay!

Pre-ordered from Newegg. I've never pre-ordered from them before, but I always get my computer hardware from them and they've never let me down so I should get it within 3 days of release.

Back