The Official E3 2011 thread

Far Cry 3. That's what I was guessing. Hopefully they learned their lesson with the second.

Ugh. Farcry 2 was a POS, imo. First game in a long time that I was pissed I couldn't return, I actually searched through the STEAM FAQ to see if there was someway to unload that pile within 24 hours.

Ubisoft conference is actually decent. That rabbit game looks pretty fun... only motion game that has me slightly interested. FUUUUU MORE DANCE GAMES ;0

Yeah FC2 was very disappointing. No matter what your progress is in the game - you are always in the same situation. Going to kill some head of some faction, and jumping into a vehicle only for it to be shot to shit 2 seconds later.

Apparently, though, they seem to be headed in the right direction with FC3. Here's hoping.

Seriously the only decent game out of the entire event so far has been Battlefield 3. Everything else is extremely uninspired or just awful. Ghost Recon Future Soldier looks exactly like R6 Vegas, can't imagine why they keep delaying it.

Very disappointing to see that they're dragging out the FarCry name even more. The second one could have been a more respected game if people weren't expecting it to be even remotely like the first, which it wasn't in any way other than being a FPS. It was an alright game, but it did lack direction. There really weren't any quests, any missions, anything other than driving around shooting Africans, repairing your weapons and vehicles, and taking malaria pills.

I really don't know what to expect out of the 3rd. They've already gone so far from what FarCry was, I doubt that they're going to go back. I hate how they keep game titles like this around just for familiarity, not because they have anything to do with the other games in the series.

That was my reaction the other day especially when allusions were being made to making things a little more tactical and like the older games again.

That's when I started feeling giddy. :)

I forgot which game site I saw it on. I was a real quick blurb.

I sure hope it's true.

Yeah, I did enjoy Vegas and Vegas 2, but I'd like to see a proper RB6 game like the old ones.

3D.... meh....

The split screen tech I'd like to try though. Impressive if it works flawlessly!

Guh, more Playstation Dild...sorry, Move crap. Can't wait for this whole motion-sensing fad to blow over.

PS Vita, Ruin and UC looks remarkable. No one cares about AT&T though, I'd never pay for 3G service anyway.

Yeah did I hear a strong audible groan from the audience when Kaz Hirai announced that? The applause for it was very weak. Is AT&T a bit crap?

So far, MS/Sony has been nothing but "casual casual casual/portable/move/kinect."

They ignored their main hardcore gamer audience.

I'm hoping this is true:

bbA1p.png

Very disappointing to see that they're dragging out the FarCry name even more. The second one could have been a more respected game if people weren't expecting it to be even remotely like the first, which it wasn't in any way other than being a FPS. It was an alright game, but it did lack direction. There really weren't any quests, any missions, anything other than driving around shooting Africans, repairing your weapons and vehicles, and taking malaria pills.

I really don't know what to expect out of the 3rd. They've already gone so far from what FarCry was, I doubt that they're going to go back. I hate how they keep game titles like this around just for familiarity, not because they have anything to do with the other games in the series.

FarCry 2 was just a huge letdown. I mean, I can't say I didn't enjoy the game because when it comes down to it, I honestly did. But it was just so insanely repetitive Every mission was the same. Your guns always broke down. As soon as you get into a vehicle, you'd hear engine revving and suddenly you're being gunned down and your car gets destroyed before you even had a chance to move. Every single damn car that you see happens to be filled with people who want to kill you. You'd kill everyone at a checkpoint or small camp only to find that they respawned 30 seconds later. The list goes on. The game was only fun when you loaded up a save with no intention other than to drive around, explore aimlessly and set shit on fire.

In any case - I'm totally willing to give FC3 a chance ;)

Is the 3G worth the extra $50?

BTW, Sony PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Microsofts.

Is the 3G worth the extra $50?

BTW, Sony PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Microsofts.

I don't think so, you would have to pay monthly fee along with that too I am assuming.

I think I will pick up the wifi only version if it gets good reviews!

I really wish that tv combo would be a little bit bigger...only thing making me maybe not get it...

I play on 85" Projector, 65" DLP and my new 51" Samsung 3D...I just don't know if I can go back to under 30" gaming...

I would be willing to pay around $800 if it was around 40"...I have always waited for the technology to get there to do the full screen "split screen"...I do alot of co-op...

can u make voice calls and send sms messages using the vita? also, what media does it use for games? UMD?

can u make voice calls and send sms messages using the vita? also, what media does it use for games? UMD?

1. microphones built in for voice chat with front camera
2. its got its own friends system so i assume so
3. flash storage like 3ds

Far Cry 3 looks like it could be a winner - it is back in tropical island territory, nice graphics and you're able to do close-range takedowns to maintain stealth. Far Cry 2 really screwed stealth up so it's good to see Ubi trying to fix it at least here. Upgrades look like they will be unlocked through XP instead of money now.

Gamespot interview here with some gameplay footage and hints that sci-fi themes could be coming back.

What ever teams hardware run BF3 the best I am getting next. Hurry up 28nm !

The immersion factor for BF3 is off the charts for me, and that is just watching the HD video. The sound design and use of dust and dirt "physics" is beautiful as well.

Really looking forward to trying out Prey 2, hoping the graphics won´t look too dated. Same goes for The Darkness II, which might turn out a huge pile of console portitis.. BioShock Infinite looks interesting.

ME3 and DE:HR are sure day one purchases despite how lacking they seem in the visual department in the aura of BF3 and others.

Hitman screens look good. They (IO) better get this right after hugely embarrassing KL2.

...oh it´s going to be a hard landing for the Star Wars fans going from watching sweet CG to actually playing what looks to be an incredibly visually underwhelming game. I know it´s an MMO, but still..

Back