The official "clean desktop" club.

Stole a WP from a few pages back, and zoomed in, works really nice on my Acer Aspire One

Again, photobucket likes to put giant white borders on my pics, dunno why...:(
ss.jpg

whats that thing called that lets you have text icons like comp/net/docs/music

Probably rocketdock and the text icons you can find over at deviant art somewhere. All those wuestions are answered in the last few pages.

RocketDock or ObjectDock. I use RocketDock personally, and like it a lot. I've used ObjectDock in the past. They're pretty similar really, except RocketDock is completely free, whereas ObjectDock has a free version, and then a Plus version for $19.99. You'll also need to download the text icons from deviantart. I don't remember the link to those as I make my own, but someone should have the link for you. A couple of the members on here that make their own have uploaded them to their deviantart accounts as well, so you could get those too.

EDIT: Took too long to type my post I guess, haha. I didn't purposefully post info that pfunkman already had.

Nice looking desktop toobookoo, nice theme too ^_^

Thanks... same to you ;) I like that nice and simple wall.

Oh yeah, what are you doing to get your taskbar extended over to the second monitor? Is is Ultramon or something like that? Just please don't tell me Vista can somehow do that on it's own, because then I'm gonna feel stupid :confused:

Yup, rocketdock with Toobookoo's icons.

On a side note, I am looking for a very lite widget program. I know yahoo widgets is pretty popular, but is it cpu intensive? That Atom doesn't like background processes.

Thanks... same to you ;) I like that nice and simple wall.

Oh yeah, what are you doing to get your taskbar extended over to the second monitor? Is is Ultramon or something like that? Just please don't tell me Vista can somehow do that on it's own, because then I'm gonna feel stupid :confused:

Yeah, its a vista thing.. haha. ->c:/-> program files..

just kidding

Yeah, its ultramon.. haha

24g65wp.jpg

my desktop.

using emerge, rainmeter, miranda, launchy.

-no desktop icons, everything is in launchy that i need.
-some right click menu options, mostly for quick stuff, downloads folder, etc.

-everthing shares a 30% inactive transparency, 80% normal.
-chrome reskinned to match (working on editing the most visitied page)
-miranda reskinned to match
-rainmeter using hudvision.

-top bar is my taskbar, simple and plain.
-top right corner bar is my sys tray.

simple, pretty, clean.

my desktop.

using emerge, rainmeter, miranda, launchy.

-no desktop icons, everything is in launchy that i need.
-some right click menu options, mostly for quick stuff, downloads folder, etc.

-everthing shares a 30% inactive transparency, 80% normal.
-chrome reskinned to match (working on editing the most visitied page)
-miranda reskinned to match
-rainmeter using hudvision.

-top bar is my taskbar, simple and plain.
-top right corner bar is my sys tray.

simple, pretty, clean.

I had something very similar to that.
screenshot2.jpg

Don't you just love emerge?
I was using blackbox for a while but it started to get annoying.
The only thing I dont like about emerge is that I have to use autohotkey to get back some defualt windows hotkey commands.

What kind of launchy skin are you using?

I had something very similar to that.
screenshot2.jpg

Don't you just love emerge?
I was using blackbox for a while but it started to get annoying.
The only thing I dont like about emerge is that I have to use autohotkey to get back some defualt windows hotkey commands.

What kind of launchy skin are you using?

i was using shape-shell. its cool, has lots of neat alpha features, and can make icons all match a color theme... but its just HEAVY. that, and there is NO support what-so-ever.
i had to make everything myself before i realized it was that bad.

anyway-

good call on autohotkey. i assume its a program, im gonna google that after i submit this.

here is the launchy skin i use... it was called black elegance, i just changed the grays to match my emerge and miranda, and then un-rounded the corners. i wish emerge could 1 or 2 pixel round its boxes. (easily)
http://i34.tinypic.com/zmmtfa.jpg

i also wish i could use text in the taskbar instead of the icons... again, easily.
edit- wait, howd you do that?

i also wish i could use text in the taskbar instead of the icons... again, easily.
edit- wait, howd you do that?

Do what? If you mean have text in the task, I just kept normal explorer shell and used a different XP theme. I'm using emerge now (my current desktop is above that last screenshot).

l337*g0at, Happen to have a link for those folders and that background?

Yeah man. I found them here : http://codenamebender.deviantart.com/art/TV-Show-Icons-Windows-94521007

If you click on the Artist's name, you'll find tons of other .zip files for download with other TV Shows.

The wallpaper I got from this pack : http://vagia-giannis.deviantart.com/art/Splash-Wallpapers-95343181

(You'll see the one I'm using in the .zip pack) I just put it through Photoshop to make the rest of it B&W

Back