the no name project

the m/b extention all painted
normal_DSC01527.JPG

normal_DSC01528.JPG
hd loop res

normal_DSC01529.JPG
some tubing runs

tonight i have to take every thing apart. and work on the wiring and lighting. I cut all the legs off the psu so i can extend some of them so thw wiring looks clean. the 160rad is now mounted to the case side i have to cut out another hole for the hd res.
I also pain the top rad mount and make 2 new holes for the vandal switches on the front of the case. im still working on how the new plexi side is going to fit. the video card loop is another lil event that is going to take place before i remove every thing.

the case is getting harder to work on every day i started at the bottom and was planning on working my way up but is non stop up and down. and id you move one thing you end up moveing 4 other things.

I like the coils on the tubing!

But what kind of tube is that?
I am guessing it's not Tygon.

i'll admit it: i'm impressed.

your attention to detail is impressive. it should look really nice when it's done, and have many parts watercooled.

i totally disagree with your methodologies and choice of equipment, however the end result should be really nice.

keep it up!

wow this is insane. I like that stack of money on like the 2nd page in your pics of the gear..haha. So I'm assuming you're WC'ing everything, just because you can? :p Keep up the good work.

Majin said:
I like the coils on the tubing!

But what kind of tube is that?
I am guessing it's not Tygon.

thats tygon i had some clear flex stuff that i picked up about 100ft of it that was worse.

well im up set a lil bit sharka just gor some new stuff in a aquabox to be more to the point i may end up ditching the aquainlet in the psu bay for it we will see.

Derrick70 said:
the rad and pump
normal_DSC01525.JPG

um, to my knowledge the aquainlet is to be installed without the grey cover on the pump, as it need to leech onto the plastic nozzle of the intake of the pump.....

Dillusion said:
um, to my knowledge the aquainlet is to be installed without the grey cover on the pump, as it need to leech onto the plastic nozzle of the intake of the pump.....

i have ran it like this a few times and have had no problems

big pic update lol :eek:

normal_DSC01542.JPG

normal_DSC01543.JPG

normal_DSC01544.JPG

normal_DSC01545.JPG

normal_DSC01546.JPG

normal_DSC01547.JPG

5 hours of working on the rig and im almost at the 10 yard line

ill have to place one more order with sharka to get 2 aquaboxes and about 3 ft of tygon as im running low now. im still working on the psu it should be ready to go in tonight. ill place the sharka order tomarow then that will be it when it comes in ill be able to fire the rig up.

im going to put water temp probes in each loop so i can see the water temp. as well as the out side temp sensors. ill also be putting in a few uv lights to get every thing to glow

well last night i went and did some sleaving and started to wire every thing up. still waiting on a few other parts to finish the rig so im taking it easy. with the lower half of the case beaing plexi is some what hard to hide the wires so im cleaning them up the best i can. i also started to mount the uv lights. i have also desided to give the multiswitch another try so the front pannel is going ot go some thing like this

aquatube
aquaro
multiswitch
dvd rom
aquaro
aquabox

O M G
Is that 4 Eheim pumps I am counting.

I have never seen so much WCing in one case!
Is there anything left in there that isn't WCed?

Derrick70 said:

I like this project very much, keep up the good work!
I am a novice to water cooling soome of these parts I am considering for my own project I am soon going to undertake.

Just a couple of questions and maybe a statement or 2.

My first question is did the volttage and ram coolers come with those 3/8 fittings ? Or did you change them ( I ask because from what I saw on the auqua site they were only offered in 1/8 and 1/4, maybe I'm wrong I probobaly am)? Second if they didn't come that way was it as simple as putting new fitting on, or did you have to drill and tap the lucite ? Third I see you are runing both copper and alluminum , is the alluminum annodized or coted in any way? Or are all the alluminum parts sepperate from the copper peices? Or are you not concerned about the current that copper and aluminum generate when combined ?

Thanks in advance, also like to appologize for my spellling and typos.

the threads are g 1/8 so they can run a fitting of 3/8 id and dd has some that are 1/2 id.
and it is a mixed loop as far as metels im running a noncorosive fluid and every thing is annodizedo im not woried about it.

the pcice fluid comes in to day along with the new cap for my aquainlet res so i may have one of the loops up and running tonight maby the hd loop also we will see as im short 2 res for the cpu loop and video loop.

im still working on powering every thing i still have to run a 24pin connector for the psu and work out my front panle wiring as it will have 4 powered devices now ill snap some pics when i get home of how im routing the mass amount of wires to keep the inside nice and clean :D

Derrick70 said:
the threads are g 1/8 so they can run a fitting of 3/8 id and dd has some that are 1/2 id.
and it is a mixed loop as far as metels im running a noncorosive fluid and every thing is annodizedo im not woried about it.

ah very kool! I am considering some of these peices for my project, but I deslike aluminums ability as a heatsink (voltage and ram coolers). I was considering paying the machinests at my fathers work to mill me something simmilar out of copper or brass or possibly even silver, because I really do not like switching tubeing sizes and ruineing the contiunity of a system.

Also I'm very intristed in the preformance of the ram coolers. The construction looks solid but the actuasl preformace quality to me looks some what shotty to me. if you could maybe post some temps with the ram with and without the blocks I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for all the info.

newtype said:
ah very kool! I am considering some of these peices for my project, but I deslike aluminums ability as a heatsink (voltage and ram coolers). I was considering paying the machinests at my fathers work to mill me something simmilar out of copper or brass or possibly even silver, because I really do not like switching tubeing sizes and ruineing the contiunity of a system.

Also I'm very intristed in the preformance of the ram coolers. The construction looks solid but the actuasl preformace quality to me looks some what shotty to me. if you could maybe post some temps with the ram with and without the blocks I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for all the info.

i would only be able to give you temp with the coolers on because if how big of a pita it would be to pop them off also with every thing thats in the case my air flow suffers some that was the main reason to water cool them to begain with.

Derrick70 said:
i would only be able to give you temp with the coolers on because if how big of a pita it would be to pop them off also with every thing thats in the case my air flow suffers some that was the main reason to water cool them to begain with.

Thats kinda what I figured. But it can't hurt to ask I geuss but I appreciate you takeing the time to get temps of the ram :) . It will help with my project oodels!

well i got some stuff in the mail to day not much but here are some new pics.

normal_DSC01551.JPG

normal_DSC01552.JPG

normal_DSC01554.JPG
its a dark pic but you can see the aquatube, tube meter, leds, and temp sensor

normal_DSC01555.JPG
the wireing

normal_DSC01556.JPG

normal_DSC01557.JPG

ill hook up the other vdf tonight ill have to buy some fan extention wires so i can get all the fans running off them but this is where im at right now

0mega said:
one sec ima dig up Dillusions horror story for you 0_0

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1028659422&postcount=38

i also seen that the pc ice problem was fixed and it was some older bottles that had that problem when i orderd mine i told Wes over at sharka to look at what he had on the self and give me the 2 that didnt have the floaters in them or the hazy look. my system wount be up and running till next week some time so ill let the bottles sit and see if any thing happens. good looking out tho

Derrick70 said:
i also seen that the pc ice problem was fixed and it was some older bottles that had that problem when i orderd mine i told Wes over at sharka to look at what he had on the self and give me the 2 that didnt have the floaters in them or the hazy look. my system wount be up and running till next week some time so ill let the bottles sit and see if any thing happens. good looking out tho

why take the chance? personally it wouldnt be worth it for me...if it does end up being bad, think about having to take apart every block in that system to clean out...

im pretty sure some high pressure water would to that too...no need to take them all apart :p

I noticed they werent hazy, which is why i thought they might be clear maybe they did fix it :S

BOOURNS!
No more low quality pics.
It's like I was viewing without my contacts in.

the project has been moved over to aquapcforum.com all the paper work on this build up will be posted over their along with unseen pics of the rig.

ya ill keep this forum up to date untill its compleat. ill have the compleat build up in more detail on the other site along with some vids of it in action.

Wow , modded Truck, Modded Case... have any pics of your house.. I have a feeling it's modded also. :D

Back