the no name project

Derrick70

Limp Gawd
ok im starting off with a lian li V2000 case that will house 3 water loops much like TN project. im not going to talk about the water set up right now i will touch on that when i start puting evry thing back in to the case.

the low part of the case psu and hard drive mounts have been removed as well as the center floor of the case. they are going to be replace with 1/4 plexi.

i was going to window the side for the case so you could look in but after an hour of hacking on my case side i gave up. so this is what i came up with i picked up a piece of 30x36 1/4 plexi marked out a new case side and cut it out. added the mounting rails for the case rounded the corners and bam new case side.

im up loading the pics to my host site now so they should be up in a few min

pics finaly

psu wall plate

normal_DSC01479.JPG

normal_DSC01488.JPG
spme other parts that im working on a new psu mounting plate that will hold 2 psu's one of the other hd racks

normal_DSC01480.JPG
this is a pick of how the hd mounted in the case as you can see i con only hold 6 tops with the new plexi mounts ill be able to hold 10

not to be a dick but id try putting multiple images in each post :p easier to understand IMO

last one for tonight

i have to make a few slots to get the floor to sit right and ill mount it up

normal_DSC01489.JPG

This inspires me to make a worklog for my current project... Im too lazy... :(

On topic:

What did you use to cut the plexi? I use a dremel with cut off wheel, seems like there should be a better way...

here is what i use
normal_DSC01490.JPG

normal_DSC01491.JPG

normal_DSC01492.JPG

normal_DSC01493.JPG

scribe about 1/16 of an inch flip it over put pressure on it and lift up it will snap perfectly on the scribe with a clean break

Very cool technique as I suppose then you don''t have to polish the edges, correct?

0mega said:
not to be a dick but id try putting multiple images in each post :p easier to understand IMO
Like it really matters?

/ontopic - keep up the great work!

Top Nurse said:
Very cool technique as I suppose then you don''t have to polish the edges, correct?

not at all but you have to have a lot of extra plexi on the scrap side of the break at least 4in or you might end up running a sharp edge in to your hand because it will not snap in one piece like the larger parts will.

this is what i started with you have to plan your cuts a few cuts ahead when maping multiple parts on one sheet

normal_DSC01481.JPG

Fahey said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thats alot of stuff

i have another pile on the other side but its just pumps, res and 2 vdf's
i started to buy a lot of my stuff in pairs just so i had them for other builds.

el rolio said:
2 vfd's? GREEDY BASTARD! look how long i been searching for one of em! :p

man it has taken me about 1 year to get every thing i have. i feal your pain lol :D

ok on topic im trying to think of a way to mount the 360 on top of the case. i cant mount it in side because im running sli and a sound card. i think i can make a plexi mount to fasen the rad to the top of the case and only have the fans on the inside of the case. im not a fan of external rads but i dont think i have a choice right now with a giant hole in the top of my case.

i picked up 2 bulgin van switches that will replace the stock button and my 3 fill ports it looks like it will be a bizzy night tonite

well new m/b tomarow woot

Asus A8N32-SLI-DELUXE Socket 939 Motherboard Status: Shipped
Method: UPS GROUND
Date Shipped: 01/15/06

On Time

Scheduled Delivery: 01/18/2006
Shipped to: ROCKWOOD, MI, US
Shipped or Billed on: 01/16/2006

Derrick70 said:
here is what i use
normal_DSC01493.JPG

scribe about 1/16 of an inch flip it over put pressure on it and lift up it will snap perfectly on the scribe with a clean break

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH. IVE BEEN USING A DREMEL AND COULDNT FIGURE OUT HOW PEOPLE CUT IT SO WELL. Eh thanks man.
:eek:

im going to do the cuts with the dremel tonight... i should have some more pics up... in a few hours when i get home....

no progress last night because i busted the center floor piece while cutting out a fan hole so ill pick up a new piece today and finish it off. it sucks not beaing able to drive after 7pm

update time my m/b is in and ready to roll, i had a lil prep work to do on it but i dont have to worry about mounting directions any more.

normal_DSC01495.JPG

:eek: That is a lot of things that you are going to watercool there. Nice work so far..

So Derrick, i've decided I LOVE your lowflow setup. This doesn't happen to often, there is only one other lowflow setup that I like on this whole site.

Do you want to know why I love yours as well as the other persons? Because you guys didn't use those ugly 1/4" tubes. Props, good job, and I like what I see so far =P, keep it up!

][V][AGIC said:
how many loops are you going to have?

well i have been punching some numbers and it looks like 4 loops

cpu loop, hd loop, m/b loop, and video card loop
i will run the video cards off a 360 rad cpu and hd will have their own 120mm rad and the m/b-ram will have a 160mm rad

Back