The Nintendo 64 Classic Could Be Arriving Soon

Where is the Dreamcast classic? The Xbox OG classic? The Colecovision classic? Where will it end?

At some point someone is going to port Win 98 to a Rpii with old DOS games like X-Wing and Wing commander. Win98 Classic! (better come with minesweeper and that pinball game)

edit - and yes I did download and try that Win 95 mini-app. We're almost there!

edit v2 - ah it seems atgames already made a shitty colecovision one

I pre-ordered the Playstation Classic the other day, $109 from Best Buy. Pickup on the 2nd or 3rd of Dec. Just gonna flip it I hope but we will see.

What I really want to see is a Gamecube classic but a guy already tried to build one of his own ... it came be done. There are a few maker boards that were powerful enough.

I can almost guarantee they wont have Goldenye 007. Current license holder EA wont allow it, Microsoft who owns Rareware now wont let it happen and Nintendo wont pay up to get it either.

I can almost guarantee they wont have Goldenye 007. Current license holder EA wont allow it, Microsoft who owns Rareware now wont let it happen and Nintendo wont pay up to get it either.
Ea holds the rights?

Didn't activision make a GoldenEye game?

The nostalgia train just keeps on chugging right along.

Companies now prefer making money off of our fond memories than coming up with innovative products and ideas.

EA may have lost the rights. Either way, Nintendo doesn't have it. That's why the goldeneye "remake" is a completely different game.

As long as the system is as easy to mod as the NES Classic and SNES Classic, so that you can put whatever games you wish on there, it should be a decent device. They just need to nail the feel of the controller. I think I like the SNES Classic's controller more than the actual SNES controller (especially the L and R buttons), but the NES Classic's controller is not as good as a real NES controller (DPad and also the feel of pressing A and B buttons). I actually use my SNES Classic controllers on the real system. Like most of my systems, my N64 is still hooked up and sees regular use, but good gawd the analog sticks on all my controllers are hella worn out. If the N64 Classic comes with some decent controllers, I might end up using them on the real N64 hardware (as well as with N64 emulators on PC).

Star Fox 64 needs to be on it.

I know this wasn't as popular but Pilot Wings 64 was pretty damn fun for the time. The physics were pretty decent (again, 1996 standards) and there were all kinds of interesting Easter eggs.

I actually never played Perfect Dark (dons flame suit). Might have to give it a go.

Perfect Dark is better than goldeneye in every way. Not by comparison, but because it is literally the same gameplay engine with mocapped animation, voice acting, better graphics, more weapon variety, deeper story, fully customizable multiplayer, the list goes on.

Goldeneye was great, but Perfect Dark took everything Goldeneye did and did it 110%.

Three things about this:

1. It has to have four controller ports. This leads to...
2. The stick has to be durable. I love the N64, and it's my favorite console of all time (I'm a PC gamer first though, and the C64 as well), but no one can deny that the analog stick was its achilles heel. Maybe Nintendo could do something like that guy that was making the Steel Sticks for N64 controllers.
3. I can't see this having a ton of third party games on it.

That being said, I would certainly like to see such a system come out. I'd gladly get one.

The nostalgia train just keeps on chugging right along.

Companies now prefer making money off of our fond memories than coming up with innovative products and ideas.
They are giving people what they want... someone at Nintendo probably did research on illegal ROM usage and figured "we can fix that to some degree"

This would be awesome! The N64 had some of the best games I've ever played, and it's been years since I've held an N64 controller in my hands. This would go nicely with my SNES Classic Edition.

I'm torn about buying this. On one hand I love the n64 and on the other I don't want to pay outages price for something that I can emulate and send like a money scenes. (I actually still have several n64 games back in storage) decisions decisions

They are giving people what they want... someone at Nintendo probably did research on illegal ROM usage and figured "we can fix that to some degree"

It's sad but true, hence why I'm not sure if I'm going to buy this

Needs
Paper Mario
Battle Tanx
Gauntlet Legends
Super Mario 64
Pilot Wings
Wave Racer
Mario Kart
Golden Eye (which will never happen)
Perfect Dark
Banjo Tooie
Banjo Kazooie
Star fox
WWF of some kind
Bubble Bobble
Superman 64 (lol)

I’ll stick with my OG 64 and my soon to be complete collection. I’ll probably buy this just to put next to all my other classic consoles too.

a few more...
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Zelda Majora's Mask
Donkey Kong 64
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Yoshi's Story
Body Harvest
Bomberman 64
Star Wars games?

a few more...
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Zelda Majora's Mask
Donkey Kong 64
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Yoshi's Story
Body Harvest
Bomberman 64
Star Wars games?
Do we know who owns the rights to the Star Wars game? Lucas arts?

Back