The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

Dillusion said:
then why does it have the connector....weird canadians
Because, secretly, it needs it. ;)

What bothers me is the yellow connector, if they're not going to be offering the feature intended for it why keep it on the PCB?

CrimandEvil said:
Because, secretly, it needs it. ;)

What bothers me is the yellow connector, if they're not going to be offering the feature intended for it why keep it on the PCB?

whats with all this secret hinting and italic phrases that i get, DOES THE FUCKIN THING NEED THE POS CABLE OR NOT :p

Dillusion said:
whats with all this secret hinting and italic phrases that i get, DOES THE FUCKIN THING NEED THE POS CABLE OR NOT :p

according to ATI it can work perfectly well without.

so try without, it'll save you time and money.

hey assholes :cool:

it didnt work, VC bios flashed 'plug in the power cord you moron' in big red letters on my monitor. looks like its there for a reason, chief

at least we know now.

centvalny said:
That frickin' pci-e power connector is there for a reason.... :confused:

No kidding, I don't know why you'd actually be convinced to think that things would run fine, if at all, without it plugged in. :rolleyes: ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
...Hmm, maybe I should bet the PCP&C 510W Express now instead of the DLX if I'm gonna be making the switch....cus I believe the Express comes with two PCI-E VGA power cables out of the box. Either way I'll have my PCP&C hopefully by the end of the month though, so I can hardly wait. :cool:

hi there, im thinking abt the 510 express too. are you sure that the 510 express has two of the PCI-E VGA power cables?

googles said:
hi there, im thinking abt the 510 express too. are you sure that the 510 express has two of the PCI-E VGA power cables?

Honestly not sure if it has two...but check the product listings.....I wouldn't be surprised if there IS a model with two of 'em designed with SLI in mind.

I actually ordered the OCZ 520W this morning and it'll be shipping out tomorrow.....as at this point I really didn't feel like dropping the extra $100 when I'm realistically not going to gain much of anything with the PCP&C over the OCZ. That, and the fact that the 520W Powerstream is "good enough" to power a great deal of the top 3DMark machines in the world is good enough a selling point as any for me. ;)

:rolleyes: looks like i'm gonna have to get the camera out and show off my 386's video card... it's the only comp in the house that has one!

aoc007 said:
I have seen tests that say the PCP&C 510w Deluxe's rails fluxuate very rapily under load (too rapidly for a multimeter to detect, only a oscillioscope can)

And your point is?

I have seen test that show the OCZ PSU fluctuates under load. And that's with a multimeter.

I have seen tests that say the PCP&C 510w Deluxe's rails fluxuate very rapily under load (too rapidly for a multimeter to detect, only a oscillioscope can)

those tests you saw @ xtremesystems were flawed and conducted wrong. Perhaps you also saw the email from PCP&C explaining how to test it correctly and explaining why the results were off?

Amazing how selective some people are in their reading/hearing/comprehending....

computerpro3 said:
Amazing how selective some people are in their reading/hearing/comprehending....

I agree, but also with starhawk.....we're more then a little off-topic here.

I'll have new pics of the card eventually, after I have the new PSU, and after I get the Maze4 installed, which probly won't be until next month now. :(

cornelious0_0 said:
Honestly not sure if it has two...but check the product listings.....I wouldn't be surprised if there IS a model with two of 'em designed with SLI in mind.

thanks. just did. the 510 express has only one 6-pin PCI-E cable...im off to the psu forum now to search for a dual PCI-E psu :D

googles said:
thanks. just did. the 510 express has only one 6-pin PCI-E cable...im off to the psu forum now to search for a dual PCI-E psu :D

Don't worry, as SLI becomes more and more of a market reality I'm sure many PSU manufacturers are gonig to be refining some of their products to include dual PCI-E vga plugs if possible....cus it is going to still be a decent enough market to get into for most of them.

if i had money to blow on a PSU, it would be the 600W ATXV2.0 enermax new one they have there...ide take it over the 510express any day.

and as for having 'dual PCI-E power cords' , PCP&C says that it will only be included in their 700/800W PSU's because only those can 'handle SLi'

marketing scheme to spend 400$ on a PSU i think

fyi, found one with dual pci-e cables at last.
thermaltakes silent purepower 680w. its got all the features i want ie 2 pci-e, and 4 sata, 10 std molex.

i just wonder if it works as good as it looks...5% reg on +12v? is that good enough?

computerpro3 said:
those tests you saw @ xtremesystems were flawed and conducted wrong. Perhaps you also saw the email from PCP&C explaining how to test it correctly and explaining why the results were off?

Yes I saw the email from PCP&C saying the testing was incorrect but wouldnt it be logical that they would say such a test was incorrect? Im just saying some inconclusive tests were made which pointed to possible design flaws in a product that is supposed to be the best there is and when your talking about the best there is no compromises can be made... Also maybe if you have looked at my sig youd notice that I am typing this on one of these PSUs right now and I believe I stated earlier that it only fluctuates by hundreths of a volt.

googles said:
fyi, found one with dual pci-e cables at last.
thermaltakes silent purepower 680w. its got all the features i want ie 2 pci-e, and 4 sata, 10 std molex.

i just wonder if it works as good as it looks...5% reg on +12v? is that good enough?

Im sure you could find a molex to PCIe x16 power connector converter.

aoc007 said:
Im sure you could find a molex to PCIe x16 power connector converter.

yea, i believe the cards ship with converters but it requires 2 molexs and if i could id want to avoid using converters...im a lil particular...lol

wtf?? So, most of these co's not even make their own psu? They rebranded other manufacturer psu's product. No wonder......... I stick with my enermax660w. or upgrade to Zippy's 700w. for upcoming SLI system.

centvalny said:
wtf?? So, most of these co's not even make their own psu? They rebranded other manufacturer psu's product. No wonder......... I stick with my enermax660w. or upgrade to Zippy's 700w. for upcoming SLI system.

yeah man, I just don't have the coin right now to drop on a really high end PSU, so the OCZ will have to do. I'm gonna start saving right away though in the start of the new year for a completely new system, in which I WILL be running a PCP&C....when I actually have time to set aside the cash for it.

cornelious0_0 said:
yeah man, I just don't have the coin right now to drop on a really high end PSU, so the OCZ will have to do. I'm gonna start saving right away though in the start of the new year for a completely new system, in which I WILL be running a PCP&C....when I actually have time to set aside the cash for it.
I rather start a new system from scratch with a reliable psu that I can trust (after killed a few of 'em)

cornelious0_0 said:
No kidding, I don't know why you'd actually be convinced to think that things would run fine, if at all, without it plugged in. :rolleyes: ;)

because reviews out there said their PCIe X800XTs worked fine without.

I rather start a new system from scratch with a reliable psu that I can trust (after killed a few of 'em)

Exactly, which is why I probably won't just try and transfer my OCZ to the new rig next year.....just gonna keep the case I think.....maybe. :p

i have to wait next week for my bday to use my X800xt so here a pic of my rig with my 6800gt

mycomputer.jpg

mycomputerownsyouremachine.jpg

mypc.jpg

HOLY CRAP! HUGE BOX!

the one for my 6800GT was a little bigger than the card itself... (but that's not saying much :D )

i'll post pics of my 6800GT and my 6800Ultra when I a) get the Ultra fixed and b) have time to dismember my computer and take out the GT

holy shit...a freakin 25" box (give or take...i guestimated the depth of the case)...but hey, you get more real estate for your money :p....you know, that $500+ gave you a sexy looking box..........................................along with a video card

wow, vB coding is so easy....but it took me like 10 minutes to figure the size thing out :p

Alex41290 said:
holy shit...a freakin 25" box (give or take...i guestimated the depth of the case)...but hey, you get more real estate for your money :p....you know, that $500+ gave you a sexy looking box..........(if i knew how to change font size/color/etc. in visual basic, that would be nice)<font size="1">along with a video card</font> (HTML is disabled, but you get my meaning?

wow dude... u gotta step away from the computer... visual basic is eatin ur brain!
anyway, here's a picture of my 6800 Ultra.. it got bent, i'm sending it back...
Bent Card 2.JPG

yeah, i've seen ur AGP slot/card in person....it is one of the most fuxx0red things ever...the AGP slot is honestly like insanely crooked and messed....

yeah, forgot about the fucked NB fan....i'm honestly sorry about that....that stinks something fierce...

good luck getting it "RMA'ed" in a sense....hope it all works out

Back