The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

Got tired of waiting on my water cooling parts so decided to use the silencer I had laying around and mod it a bit. Idle temp is now 33 C and load is 53 C. Got 6300 on 3dmark05.

X800Silencer004.jpg

aoc007 said:
nice work and good camera. is that a xt or pro?

Thanks, its an XT PE. Managed to clock it up to 580/615 (still room on the core) in 3dmark05, should be able to hit 600 core once I vmod it later.

MFZ, nice card.....but why do you not have the fan center'd over the fins?

pookgai, when ppl are buying cards like the Leadtek and BFG they're not necessarily buying them FOR the coolers.....often times its a better then average bundle.....or in BFG's case...an unbeatable warranty.

cornelious0_0 said:
MFZ, nice card.....but why do you not have the fan center'd over the fins?

pookgai, when ppl are buying cards like the Leadtek and BFG they're not necessarily buying them FOR the coolers.....often times its a better then average bundle.....or in BFG's case...an unbeatable warranty.

Thx..the reason is it would decrease pressure in the duct for the main large fan. If you look at the design of the silencer, it has a curved edge near the main fan so if you cut that, you basically lose the benefits of having it. So far my peak temps have been 60 C @ 1.5v and 620 mhz core/615 mhz memory, not bad I'd say. :)

MFZ said:
Thx..the reason is it would decrease pressure in the duct for the main large fan. If you look at the design of the silencer, it has a curved edge near the main fan so if you cut that, you basically lose the benefits of having it. So far my peak temps have been 60 C @ 1.5v and 620 mhz core/615 mhz memory, not bad I'd say. :)

For sure, not bad at all.

The only reason I was asking is because I had seen other ppl do the same mod to their ATI 4's and not lose out at all putting the fan directly over the heatsink. I guess I'm just thinking more from an asthetic point of view, but that fan addition is just one of the mods that I can't wait to get going.

DR_K13 said:
uber vodoo modzzz :rolleyes:

full.jpg

heatsink.jpg

NICE!!!

I LOVE it.....

Voodoo5 5500 right? Can't remember if there were any other dual GPU V5's.....now get some active cooling on those 'sinks and wake up your neighbors. Overkill cooling on cards like that is one of the truely impressive feats I still appreciate.....that, and voltmodded GF4MX's and other older cards....just for the hell of it.

cornelious0_0 said:
NICE!!!

I LOVE it.....

Voodoo5 5500 right? Can't remember if there were any other dual GPU V5's.....now get some active cooling on those 'sinks and wake up your neighbors. Overkill cooling on cards like that is one of the truely impressive feats I still appreciate.....that, and voltmodded GF4MX's and other older cards....just for the hell of it.

Got a pic of it cornelious>>? the voodoo???

x800 pro with ati silencer 4 softmodded to x800 xt pe in a lian li case

hardcard.jpg

like you've never seen that before ;)

DR_K13 said:
Got a pic of it cornelious>>? the voodoo???

Huh? sorry if I wasn't quite clear on that last one....but I dont have one.....only 3DFX cards I ever owned were the Voodoo 3 2000PCI, and Voodoo 4 4500AGP.

cornelious0_0 said:
Huh? sorry if I wasn't quite clear on that last one....but I dont have one.....only 3DFX cards I ever owned were the Voodoo 3 2000PCI, and Voodoo 4 4500AGP.
awww ok bro

Man, do I ever want to show you guys my card NOW.....

I just finished modding my new Silencer.....I cut off the 1/4" thick copper tabs for the memory and made about a half dozen cuts the the Silencer itself on the bottom so that I could attach my copper ramsinks to the card. Not only does this look freaking cool.....but since now all the memory chips are independant of each other, and the ram is NOT heating up the core.....my temps dropped big time.

Before the ramsinks mod with the stock Silencer (at 1.4v) my idle/load temps were 47/62.....now with the ramsinks added on my idle is down to 42C.....and the load dropped a massive 7C...all the way down to 55C. :D

I'm gonna still add the 60mm fan ontop of the fins of the cooler and let the AS5 set in....so by the time i'm done I coudl be looking at an idle temp of 40-41, and a max load of 53-54C. :D

Oh, and auto-detect is still detecting the memory at 1150Mhz....but the autodetect on the core jumped from 419 to 428 as a result of the mods. :D

Sorry to go kind of off topic, but since I have no camera to show you guys my baby....I thought I should describe it as best I could. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Man, do I ever want to show you guys my card NOW.....

I just finished modding my new Silencer.....I cut off the 1/4" thick copper tabs for the memory and made about a half dozen cuts the the Silencer itself on the bottom so that I could attach my copper ramsinks to the card. Not only does this look freaking cool.....but since now all the memory chips are independant of each other, and the ram is NOT heating up the core.....my temps dropped big time.

Before the ramsinks mod with the stock Silencer (at 1.4v) my idle/load temps were 47/62.....now with the ramsinks added on my idle is down to 42C.....and the load dropped a massive 7C...all the way down to 55C. :D

I'm gonna still add the 60mm fan ontop of the fins of the cooler and let the AS5 set in....so by the time i'm done I coudl be looking at an idle temp of 40-41, and a max load of 53-54C. :D

Oh, and auto-detect is still detecting the memory at 1150Mhz....but the autodetect on the core jumped from 419 to 428 as a result of the mods. :D

Sorry to go kind of off topic, but since I have no camera to show you guys my baby....I thought I should describe it as best I could. ;)

Haha...Take some of your computer money and by a digicam!

jamezzz122 said:
Haha...Take some of your computer money and by a digicam!

I'm seriously thinking of doing that next month. Even if it meant pushing the rest of my case mod stuff back a bit.....I figure I'd be satisfying more ppl by finally owning a cam then I would by finishing my case. Hell, even a webcam would do for most of this.....the Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 takes nice still shots.....might jsut do that, cus I ain't got no webcam either. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
I'm seriously thinking of doing that next month. Even if it meant pushing the rest of my case mod stuff back a bit.....I figure I'd be satisfying more ppl by finally owning a cam then I would by finishing my case. Hell, even a webcam would do for most of this.....the Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 takes nice still shots.....might jsut do that, cus I ain't got no webcam either. :p

Cell phone could do the job also!

jamezzz122 said:
Cell phone could do the job also!

True, but I've actually just (within the last couple days) come upon a deal that It looks like I'll be going ahead with that'll be drastically altering my system.....and making me a hell of alot more happy with my setup then I already am. I've only told a couple local friends so far what's going on, so now that I've already tortured you guys enough, I'll just let you sit and suffer until the deal is done and I have my new toy at home to "tell" about. ;)

Just though I'd stop in and reserve a spot for this coming wednesday/thursday. Getting my Sapphire X800XT-PE (blue PCB baby!!!) delivered on wednesday and hopefully I'll be able to get ahold of one of my friends who has a digicam to come over. ;)

Dillusion said:
Sorry for being slightly off topic, but I'm thinking about getting one of those PCI fan cards that you obviously have in your tower; how well do they re-circulate the air throughout the case?

deathBOB said:
Whats it like?

better than my 6800nu

other guy that asked said:
Sorry for being slightly off topic, but I'm thinking about getting one of those PCI fan cards that you obviously have in your tower; how well do they re-circulate the air throughout the case?

it definately moves air, does what its made to do!

Dillusion said:
it definately moves air, does what its made to do!

Yeah, except it's not nearly as effective in a LGA775 setup as it would be in any other, because you only have the two PCI slots and the fancard is stuck up against your (sound?) card there. It's still working, but you're probly only getting half the airflow you would be normally.

Good stuff though on the 6600GT, it's nice to see these things popping up more often. ;)

RESTICKY ME!!!!!!

kyle says that there were too many broken links thats why it was unstickied..

ubern00b15 said:
kyle says that there were too many broken links thats why it was unstickied..

Meh, i've seen worse stuff out of some of the case gallery and workstation threads if we're talking about busted links, and almost all of THOSE are still stickied. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Yeah, except it's not nearly as effective in a LGA775 setup as it would be in any other, because you only have the two PCI slots and the fancard is stuck up against your (sound?) card there. It's still working, but you're probly only getting half the airflow you would be normally.

Good stuff though on the 6600GT, it's nice to see these things popping up more often. ;)

i actually moved it up two slots, works better now, but sags a bit because no support, only like 1/4" tho

Don't have a picture as I am at the school's library computer lab, but I have a Sapphire X800XT Platinum Edition (soft modded from VIVO Pro since August, but a PE in every sense) running at 520/600 68/35 getting 12948 3Dmark03 Scores. :p Couldn't be happier.

Back