The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

Man that NV5 is big...I can't wait to get mine! (Christmas)

BTW, I haven't checked this thread yet, but do you guys know of any wallpaper quality high res(at least 1280x1024) pics of the NV5 installed on a video card? Thanks

Zoio said:
i got tons that i use on my 19" msg me sometime :p

Haha, it's nothing really weird I guess, but i can honeslty say that I've never really gotten to the point where I've used images of computer parts as my desktop background.....and that's coming from ME. :p

DaCoOlNeSs said:
my Sapphire Radeon 9800SE 128MB 256Bit (RMAd, the guy said he might have to give me a 9800Pro since they dont make the 256bit one anymore :D)

haha, that'd be slick. :D

DaCoOlNeSs said:
my Sapphire Radeon 9800SE 128MB 256Bit (RMAd, the guy said he might have to give me a 9800Pro since they dont make the 256bit one anymore :D)

IM002558%20(Large).jpg

i remember when newegg was selling those as 9800NP's (people wanted to flash to pro) around the time the 9800 pro was 300$, and they didnt change the online pic. every single one they sent out went back. it had shitty hynix ram and a 9700 pro core. was a horrible screw up by sapphire.

Dillusion said:
i remember when newegg was selling those as 9800NP's (people wanted to flash to pro) around the time the 9800 pro was 300$, and they didnt change the online pic. every single one they sent out went back. it had shitty hynix ram and a 9700 pro core. was a horrible screw up by sapphire.

yeah, I remember those days.....oh well, stuff like that's bound to happen sooner or later with so many variant/refresh products on the market these days. :rolleyes:

cornelious0_0 said:
yeah, I remember those days.....oh well, stuff like that's bound to happen sooner or later with so many variant/refresh products on the market these days. :rolleyes:

or so many companies trying to make profit off of the enthusiast market for some reason.....and sucking at it :D

hey all, this is my second post on hardforum, long long time reader, never had a non free email to sign up with :D anyway, I've got a p43.0E with 2x512GB infenion PC3200 in dual channel on an Asus P4C800 deluxe with a BFG 6800oc running at 365 and 752. the funny thing is, my ram benchmarks as fast as the FX-51 in Aida32, which is the top score you can get, and although i've got the lowly 6800nu, i play all my games at 1600x1200 on my Dell/Sony p991 aperture grille monitor with no problems... with the exception of doom 3 at Ultra quality 2xAF, 1600x1200. i get slowdowns to below 30 when a lot is going on. i've heard a LOT of people quote worse performance than that but i guess maybe its the settings they use in their BIOS or other factors like fragmentation and background processes running. can't wait for the 7 series to come out. i hope its as big a leap as the 5-6 series jump was. anyone have any news on it?

oh yeah, ive got a 9800 pro BBATI and its pretty good. not nearly a 6800 but fast on lower resolutions on my 17" shadow mask monitor. good 2d quality. I just ordered some ramsinks for it from newegg. one pack of Vantecs and one of OCZ both copper. the 9800 heatsink gets SO hot i put a card blower under it to vent the air out of the case. the ram gets EXTREMELY hot even when its not OCed. Anyone else notice this or is it just me? i get stable overclocks on it and all but the heat is almost too much to touch most of the time.

Dillusion said:
P4's tend to have better sisoft/sysmark scores

To an extent.....many sysmark tests are still in Intel's favor.....but AMD is cleaning house in things like sythetic memory bandwidth tests and a large number OF sysmark and other professional apps.

Intel is still a lot more geared towards (if you really pick apart benchmark results) the multimedia/professional (app) user....whereas AMD is seeing most of their market as gamers or all types. You have to look at these things from THEIR perspective, in a "stock, out of the box" viewpoint.....in with the A64's simply clean house in game testing.

That's not to say that Intel doesn't offer great game performance, but if you take a 100% stock 3.2E setup and pit it against a 100% stock 3200+ A64 with the same card, it doesn't take a whole lot to figure out who's gonna be coming on ontop. ;)

Wow, kinda off topic I guess.....sry guys. :p

assuming thats the case... I'd like to know what everyone here runs their graphics cards at, settings AND resolution, AA, AF, and see who's really getting the best real world performance in games.

my bfg 6800oc @ 365/752 is running 1600x1200, 0XAA 2XAF, forced Trilinear, High Quality, app controlled Vsync(ive come to realize app and driver control makes about a 10fps difference to my machine with it ON)

my 3dmark03 score was ~9250

in Doom 3 at ULTRA quality i get about 30-60fps and it does drop when the scenes get really complex like fireballs and such, to about 20.

2k4 is very playable at about 75fps on maxed settings and it only drops to about 35 when there are 16bots and lots of effects.

halo fucks my 6800 over at 1600x1200 with AF on but its all good because that game was a terrible port from xbox to pc...

my 9800 doesnt fare so well but is very playable at 1280x1024 in most games including doom 3 with balanced driver settings and high AI on the CCP

BossNoodleKaboodle said:
assuming thats the case... I'd like to know what everyone here runs their graphics cards at, settings AND resolution, AA, AF, and see who's really getting the best real world performance in games.

my bfg 6800oc @ 365/752 is running 1600x1200, 0XAA 2XAF, forced Trilinear, High Quality, app controlled Vsync(ive come to realize app and driver control makes about a 10fps difference to my machine with it ON)

my 3dmark03 score was ~9250

in Doom 3 at ULTRA quality i get about 30-60fps and it does drop when the scenes get really complex like fireballs and such, to about 20.

2k4 is very playable at about 75fps on maxed settings and it only drops to about 35 when there are 16bots and lots of effects.

halo fucks my 6800 over at 1600x1200 with AF on but its all good because that game was a terrible port from xbox to pc...

my 9800 doesnt fare so well but is very playable at 1280x1024 in most games including doom 3 with balanced driver settings and high AI on the CCP

Hmm, i think I'll email Kyle and get his approval this time, but I wouldnt mind starting up one last [H]ard Top10.....but for gaming, including something like Unreal, Doom3, and FarCry or something. What do you guys think? I would go post it and ask for a sticky, but I've already got three of them stuck up there, and one today already.....dont wanna be TO bothersome. :p

BossNoodleKaboodle said:
wow that would rock. especially its only my first day posting here too :D

I don't wanna hijack this (excellent) thread at all, but I will say this....I have emailed Kyle about the thread idea to get some input on how I might go about setting it up....moreso to do with how to "verify" scores/settings and what to "allow" and give room for in the Top10 chart(s).

Keep watching the OC&C forum boyos. ;)

there's no way to verify that people would tell the truth about their gaming and benchmark scores other than screen shots etc. but who'd really lie about something like how many FPS they get in a GAME :p ROFL :p

BossNoodleKaboodle said:
there's no way to verify that people would tell the truth about their gaming and benchmark scores other than screen shots etc. but who'd really lie about something like how many FPS they get in a GAME :p ROFL :p

Well, you'd be surprised.....back now.....back ontopic. ;)

here are mine...

in the lappy: geforce4 mx420 go (this is the desktop version since i couldn't get a piccie of the lappy one)

p_geforce4_mx_420_b.jpg

in the desktop: integrated with the mobo. i hope to upgrade at some point in the future.
22839.jpg

Wow, I'm surprised at how (strangely) sexy that MX420 looks.....and I'm actually kinda surprised to see it sporting S-Video to boot. :p

Oh wait....missed the fact that that's not YOUR card...but, still. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
Wow, I'm surprised at how (strangely) sexy that MX420 looks....

yeah i'll probably ask santa for as an upgrade from my not-so-sexy x800xt pe

starhawk said:

Haha, I love how about 80% of the threads on [H] eventually turn into conversations about next to nothing....or something so obscure that it doesn't really count anyways. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
The reason I made sure to go with the true XT-PE is because a lot of plain XT cards have been found out to be running only half 1.6ns ram....with 2ns on one side of the card, which may very well be holding him back.

As for the core clock, he did not state if he's running at stock voltage or not....which I highly doubt, as I have yet to see a single XT or XT-PE clear 590MHz on stock 1.4v.....I'm not saying it's not possible....just that I've NEVER seen it done. Hell, if it weren't for the fact that the stock cooler sux a$$ and didnt let the GPU hit 75C at 1.65v 640MHz I'd be running at 640 or so on the stock cooler, but seeing as it's only temps holding me back I'll be looking at some VERY nice core speeds when I get my Maze4 on the card.

I can say in the same way as he has that my XT-PE with the stock cooler runs at 636/618......which it does.....just not at anything CLOSE to stock voltage. :p

Hello Cornelius

I'm running @1.62v according to Everest Home Edition v1.51.

computerpro3 said:
beta catalyst 4.12

and I'm getting crazy texture issues in HL2 when texture quality is set to high, anyone else with this card having that issue?

I haven't had any type of issues other than the "loading stutter" on occassion. Monitors running at 1600 x 1200 w/maxed out settings. It is amazing what these cards can do...
You might want to try the Radeon Omega Drivers 2.5.97 (Catalyst 4.12 Beta) I've been using them since the release this weekend...

As for your artifacts while playing HL2...Dumb question ...I know, but did you use a driver cleaner before installing your last driver??...lol :D ....otherwise...my guess would be heat...

Trigger69 said:
I haven't had any type of issues other than the "loading stutter" on occassion. Monitors running at 1600 x 1200 w/maxed out settings. It is amazing what these cards can do...
You might want to try the Radeon Omega Drivers 2.5.97 (Catalyst 4.12 Beta) I've been using them since the release this weekend...

As for your artifacts while playing HL2...Dumb question ...I know, but did you use a driver cleaner before installing your last driver??...lol :D ....otherwise...my guess would be heat...

ill try those drivers, thanx. The card is running cool with an ATI silencer. And yes I used driver cleaner

Hmm, last Omega drivers I tried were the 2590's......might have to give those a try, but for now, the "official" Catalyst 4.12Beta drivers have proved to be fastest for me for my benchmark partition.

i'm a CSer so omegas are not for me (smoke grenades are WAY too opake).

winfasta300td1by.jpg

my own pic would look exactly the same but with worse lighting....

WinFast A300TD 5800NU.................

sure looks different from the usual cards... looks like some of the 3dlabs wildcat cards actually, that's why it threw me for a loop.

their twin turbo cooling set up is pretty quiet...even on the ultras from what i've read.

chile7236 said:
their twin turbo cooling set up is pretty quiet...even on the ultras from what i've read.

what was that infamous video card that sounded like a leaf blower...? they still make 'em i think...

Back