here comes teh pix :D

6023leadtek_AC_1.jpg

6023leadtek_AC_3.jpg

6023group-3.jpg

6023group-underside.jpg

6023side_4600_full.jpg

6023side_4600.jpg

6023blue.jpg

nice...have you ever disassembled the A300's? i'm thinking about doing it to put some AS5 on....

chile7236 said:
nice...have you ever disassembled the A300's? i'm thinking about doing it to put some AS5 on....

These are A350 -> FX5900, haven't touched em yet ... but one has bout 70° @ load , the other 105° ... ouch

And i have a A300 -> 5800 too, currently watercooled ... but this litte Copper HSF & RAM sinks setup was still better than the standard cooling solution ...

5800mod3.jpg

Anarchy, where'd you get those ramsinks? I'm gonna be adding a Maze4 block to my XT-PE in about a week and will need some ramsinks. I had some OCZ BGA copper 'sinks lined up, but I'd like something a little beefier if I could. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Anarchy, where'd you get those ramsinks? I'm gonna be adding a Maze4 block to my XT-PE in about a week and will need some ramsinks. I had some OCZ BGA copper 'sinks lined up, but I'd like something a little beefier if I could. ;)

Those are Revoltek RAMsinks ... but i somehow doubt that you can get em in cancda cause they are a German Company

Here's alink :

http://www.listan.de/shop/shop.php?...f3f2211eb7479fb564a14d006a59&s=&id=882&idgr=5

The base of the sinks doesn't cover all the RAMs surface but that's still enough to keep the friggin hot DDR2 @ 500MHZ cool ...

Anarchy said:
Those are Revoltek RAMsinks ... but i somehow doubt that you can get em in cancda cause they are a German Company

Here's alink :

http://www.listan.de/shop/shop.php?...f3f2211eb7479fb564a14d006a59&s=&id=882&idgr=5

Gah, that sux.....

I think that my only other options might be to find a way to get ahold of some FrozenCPU Monster ramsinks.....here's a pic of them, in comparison to the Tweakmonster, and OCZ aluminum (same size as teh copper ones I'd be getting) ramsinks.

If anything I think I'd have to get someone from [H]ard to order them and ship them via UPS to canada for me, as it'd be a HELL of a lot cheaper.

The original Card
6023org-card.jpg

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111 There's nothing in between the GPU and HSF :eek: -> temps were 120° after 5mis Q3A (RivaTuner graph)
6023org-cooling.jpg

Plastic isolation
6023back-coling.jpg

Backside with a huge load of SMD components
6023back-full.jpg

6023back-near.jpg

GPU :)
6023frobt-macro-3.jpg

2.8ns Hynix RAMs
6023ram1.jpg

6023front-macro-1.jpg

... comming soon : Pics with Waterblock (GPU&RAM) from AquaComputer.de

LyCoS said:
has anyone ever tried removing the IHS of the FX series ?

been done ... but you should only do that if you think that the HS is in a VERY bad shape and the temps are still too high with a good HSF/Waterblock ... once you rip it off it'll become a pretty ugly bent piece of metal ...

Maybe it can be done more elegant, but i think it's not neccesary, at least not often ...

EDIT :

The waterblock installed :

6023mont-4.jpg

6023mont-1.jpg

6023mont-2.jpg

6023mont-3.jpg

Some older Pics showin the waterblock and two NV40 ones ...

6023group-3.jpg

6023group-2.jpg

6023group-1.jpg

6023group-underside.jpg

ANd some group Pics :D

6023leadtek_AC_1.jpg

6023leadtek_AC_2.jpg

6023leadtek_AC_3.jpg

That Aqua block is nice enough, but I still need a little flash when I look into buying a waterblock, and that thing is just a tad to plain for me. :p

took my card apart, finally...same deal. so i put as5 on it but haven't noticed a temp drop....i may try the arctic cooling hs or that new zalman.....

chile7236 said:
took my card apart, finally...same deal. so i put as5 on it but haven't noticed a temp drop....i may try the arctic cooling hs or that new zalman.....

I have been eyeing the Zalman myself and would love to see a review on the device. Maybe Brent could pick one up and check it out?

chile7236 said:

You won't get much better temps with just AS5 ... mainly because the Leadtek Cooling Solution is worse than the Standard FX5800nU HSF :eek:

I had two FX5800 - PNY and Leadtek, thet PNY was much more quiet and cooler ...

Here's the box for my new Gigabyte X800 XT next to my Dell 2005 FPW:
1039DSC02603-med.JPG

Here's the card next to the box:
1039DSC02604-med.JPG

Here's the card, front and back:
1039DSC02611-med.JPG

1039DSC02613-med.JPG

Here's the new card below my old 9700 Pro:
1039DSC02619-med.JPG

Here's the card installed:
1039DSC02621-med.JPG

Here's the old Dell that it's installed in:
1039DSC02326-med.JPG

NO LAUGHING! :D

jacuzz1 said:
I have been eyeing the Zalman myself and would love to see a review on the device. Maybe Brent could pick one up and check it out?

I've been eyeing it merely because it looks fricken weird and kind of "out of place" on a graphics card.....and I just want to see how it performs.

xfxsilencer4zp.jpg

XFX Geforce 6800 + NV Silencer 5. Running at 16/6 pipes, 370 core and 775 mem. Very fast! (I've taken it to almost 4000 in 3dmark05 wtih higher clocks, and I haven't really done to much 03 benching but I'm sure I could break 9000 after scoring 8300 with locked pipes\unoverclocked) :D

dankirk said:
Here's the old Dell that it's installed in

NO LAUGHING! :D

My Dear Lord!!!

That seems like such a crime for whatever reason. ;) nice to see that at least a FEW AIB partners are lengthening the stock cooler to encompass the memory chips on that side of the card, have you done much/any overclocking with the card yet?

The card is just an XT, but I can clock it to PE specs with no problem. I haven't tried to go any faster. Here are the specs and benchmarks for my Dimension 8200:

Original Components:
Intel Pentium 4 2.53 Ghz
512 MB RDRAM
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128 MB
40 GB Maxtor Hard Drive

Original Benchmarks:

3DMark01 13727
3DMark03 5017
3Dmark05 1943

New Components:
Intel Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz With Hyper-Threading
1 GB RDRAM
Gigabyte ATI Radeon X800 XT 256 MB
200 GB Seagate Hard Drive With 8 MB Cache

New Benchmarks:

3DMark01 16914
3DMark03 11781
3DMark05 5128

dankirk said:
The machine came with 512 MB, another 512 cost $190 from Newegg.

I've made it kinda "my thing" to slap any of my friends silly that are still using RDRam.....thankfully they all ended up switching to DDR awhile ago.....I guess they were as tired as the beatings I gave 'em.....or they just came to their sense. ;) :p

Anarchy said:

Hey Anarchy, why does the 6800 waterblock have that wire coming out of it? Why does a waterblock need power? Those waterblocks look awesome though.

yea i was wondering that to my guess is it has a pilter in it?

hkhawk said:
Hey Anarchy, why does the 6800 waterblock have that wire coming out of it? Why does a waterblock need power? Those waterblocks look awesome though.
I was thinking the same thing too. Those are the some of the best blocks I've ever seen.

Scheizekopf said:
That's sweet!!

Meh, it's one of those things that kinda crosses the line for me....and since I'm a wiring neat-freak I'd hate the thing......as there isn't really a way to hide that wire....and the wire itself is damn short. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
I've been eyeing it merely because it looks fricken weird and kind of "out of place" on a graphics card.....and I just want to see how it performs.

Well in the mean time i ordered the evga copper heatsink for replace my stock one. 14.99 you cant go wrong

jacuzz1 said:
Well in the mean time i ordered the evga copper heatsink for replace my stock one. 14.99 you cant go wrong

Agreed....and for such a simple replacement I've been seeing some decent gains....I dunno why more companies aren't offering copper replacements if they're using the reference cooler....or just using them in the first place....can't cost a whole lot more, and the temps are worth it to charge an extra $10 or so for the cards.

I'm sorry for all the people who have their mind set on this being a "show off your awesome video card thread" but I had to throw this in for sh*ts and giggles.
We have an old Gateway in our basement and the graphics card on it is an unbelievable 2MB with, I'm not very sure on this number but I think 16Mhz clock.

But in all seriousness,
X800 VIVO softmodded to 16 pipes and overclocked to 518 clock and 559 RAM

My friend says he will shave his head for it. :D

MasterFrmMO88 said:
But in all seriousness,
X800 VIVO softmodded to 16 pipes and overclocked to 518 clock and 559 RAM

My friend says he will shave his head for it. :D

Sooooooo not worth it.....keep the card. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Meh, it's one of those things that kinda crosses the line for me....and since I'm a wiring neat-freak I'd hate the thing......as there isn't really a way to hide that wire....and the wire itself is damn short. :p

I looked over at SNT Sysyems and it seems to be an optional add-on. Check this out though. I hope that nt|Mods doesn't mind, it's good advertising I guess, but check this out

aquagrafx6800_highlight.jpg

How cool is that!? Just thinking about an SLI system with a couple of those on some Ultra's! :D

hkhawk said:
How cool is that!? Just thinking about an SLI system with a couple of those on some Ultra's! :D

Not very cool IMO.....company branding like that on hardware is a little to tacky for me, but to each his own I guess. ;)

Back