The Most Anticipated Games Of 2017

They filled the list with some consoles as well.

I would say I am looking forward to mass effect and resident evil. Kinda want For Honor, but i know ubisoft, might have to wait and try that one first.

None of those look interesting to me. And none of my top games for 2016 made their 2016 list either :p

I'm not sure I'm buying any games in 2017. Time will tell if something sneaks up on me.

(For instance I have no idea at all when Escape from Tarkov is supposed to be released.)

2016 was my big gaming year. I haven't bought a single game (not counting Civ 5 expansions) since 2011, but in 2016 I bought three, Fallout 4, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Civilization VI. It's tough to imagine any year in the near future having three must buy titles.

(Yes I know, Fallout 4 was technically end of 2015, but I usually don't buy games as soon as they launch)

What are you looking forward to in 2017?

Oh these games.. none. I can tell that without watching the video.

I really wish they'd stop with the marketing bullshit headlines. These are the Most Hyped Games of 2017. Hype =/= Anticipation (Except in game publisher's offices).
Some or all of them might be good but if you pre-order or base your purchase on anything besides post-release reviews then you are an idiot who is asking the games industry to screw them over again and again and again.

Oh these games.. none. I can tell that without watching the video.

I really wish they'd stop with the marketing bullshit headlines. These are the Most Hyped Games of 2017. Hype =/= Anticipation (Except in game publisher's offices).
Some or all of them might be good but if you pre-order or base your purchase on anything besides post-release reviews then you are an idiot who is asking the games industry to screw them over again and again and again.

Agreed, it really is just the next set of announced games in a row. I really don't see resident evil or for honor shattering any sales records. Also in that list was some game not even slated for 17 lol.

Mass Effect: Andromeda and Prey. Hope they both get a decent port to PC. 2016 had quite a number of shitty ports.

except for ME: Andromeda PC market looks kinda weak in 2017...as much as it pains me to say I'm actually looking forward to more console titles (PS4) in 2017- Horizon: Zero Dawn, Nioh, Last of Us 2

Thing is, I don't really care if 2017 winds up being shitty. I could easily go on another 5 year stretch without buying any games, if there arent any I feel look worth the money.

I don't buy many games, but the ones I do buy I tend to get my moneys worth out of, logging over a thousand hours in, over several years.

GD spam! (Browser redirect, not the post) That slideshow sucks, but I guess I knew about all of them coming out anyway so meh.

Hellblade!!!! I rarely do day one purchases but I'm considering this one if initial reviews don't have it tanking the GPU.

If those are the best titles we can come up, then it will be a really shit year. There is about 3 games of interest on it, and 1, if I remove the ones that are console only.

That's no joke, I'm actually looking forward for Squadron 42. And Hellblade, and Kingdom Come, and Andromeda. That's about what I can think of.

Jokes on you if you think you'll be playing Squadron 42 by the end of 2017.

I was really liking the Look of Horizon zero dawn ... but its only coming out for PS4, and I don't own a console.

I was really liking the Look of Horizon zero dawn ... but its only coming out for PS4, and I don't own a console.
Too bad consoles don't use x86 CPUs and GCN GPUs using some sort of PC API like OpenGL which would allow marketing folks to claim how trivial it is to 'port' games between platforms. That would be a neat trick if someone figured it out.

ONLY mass effect was of any interest on that list.

2017 will be rough for me gaming wise, I basically have ME:A, and tides of numenara.

Back