The Lian Li Gallery

Vlad_13: Are you serious? Its made by Lian-Li. It comes in a box with a Lian-Li sticker on it. You're being more ridiculous than the people who want to dig out the RocketFish logo and find a Lian-Li logo to stick on the front of it. Anybody that knows anything about the case knows its a Lian-Li. Does it really matter anyway? Are you that much of an elitist? Lol. I may go dig mine out of my closet and put my system back in it and post in this thread. Just for you.
Do it! :D Him saying "get out" to an RF is just ridiculous.

Jeez, all this arguing going on in here. I guess the internet really is serious business :D

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

Thank you CLock3 and xveganx for breaking into the battle going on here and posting those beautiful V series' :)

Here's mine...
img4025si2.jpg

img0324pi1.jpg

img0330qy0.jpg

img0332pg2.jpg

I decided to put in a new brick wall and some nice new carpet :p

Thank you CLock3 and xveganx for breaking into the battle going on here and posting those beautiful V series' :)

Here's mine...

img0332pg2.jpg

I decided to put in a new brick wall and some nice new carpet :p

Sorry, guess I got a little carried away, but that guy is still an idiot...

Back on topic, Are you comfortable with your CPU heatsink holding up the aluminum framed fans? I have some of them laying around and they weigh far too much for me to trust hanging one off my ThermalRight Ultra 120 (not Extreme lulz)

Lookin good as usual TBK. I'm diggin the brickwork, haha.
Thank you :D I was bored and I had access to some art markers... this is what happened and I kind of liked it.
I always love seeing your audio gear... it inspires me, makes me want to make some music :)

Sorry, guess I got a little carried away, but that guy is still an idiot...

Back on topic, Are you comfortable with your CPU heatsink holding up the aluminum framed fans? I have some of them laying around and they weigh far too much for me to trust hanging one off my ThermalRight Ultra 120 (not Extreme lulz)

No apology required from me... but thank you nonetheless.

Honestly I wasn't happy about the added weight at first, but...
the heatsink is very close to the divider in the Lian Li and when I added the foam junk it made it that much closer... also I'll let you in on a little secret (shhh, don't tell anyone), I have a small sliver of wood underneath it to help keep it from sagging... although there wasn't much sag to begin with.
I had to use them though, I love these fans... they keep a decent noise level and they are capable of blowing the capacitors right off the motherboard :p

You can always use different screws and mount it to the motherboard tray.

I use to have metal fans, but got rid of them. My case and all the parts inside is already heavy enough. I swear I hurt my back everytime I need to move my case.

You can always use different screws and mount it to the motherboard tray.

I use to have metal fans, but got rid of them. My case and all the parts inside is already heavy enough. I swear I hurt my back everytime I need to move my case.

Are there any benefits to metal case fans besides looks?

Are there any benefits to metal case fans besides looks?

None that I can think of. I mean, the fan isn't fully metal. The blades are just plastic painted in a shiny silver, to mimic chrome. The only metal is the frame and parts in the motor.

Yes very clean job. Also, no LED fans for the cpu and gpu? Or would that be too much glow?

I had some problems with my 8800GTX with Dangerden waterblock, so here's what I ended up with for now. It looked a lot better before, but it looks like I'm going to have to RMA the video card and wait till I get it back. Aside from adding the video card waterblock, I'm also planning to repaint the radiator, add push pull fans on both radiators, and perhaps a fill/drain port for convenience.

Thanks for all the inspiration from the guys before me and keep it up!

3329555187_d194cf3b60.jpg

3330390586_5e0dc24264.jpg

3330385176_a3eb90703f.jpg

3329558891_8e8ed69e53.jpg

ahhh nice SFF case I didn't know Lan Li made one :cool: the design is somewhat better than my SG01. I like how you can install almost any height CPU cooler, in the SG01 you are limited on the height of CPU cooler. :eek:

Might have to switch cases.....hmmm...

ahhh nice SFF case I didn't know Lan Li made one :cool: the design is somewhat better than my SG01. I like how you can install almost any height CPU cooler, in the SG01 you are limited on the height of CPU cooler. :eek:

Might have to switch cases.....hmmm...

You can't. That is the result of his modding skills. But Mini Ninja, SI-128 or NH-C12P fits pretty well.

Here comes my 4th wc'ed rig- and yeah it's my favorite combo including Lian Li stuff :)

Lian Li PC-7FW

wc:
EK Water Blocks EK-Supreme LT
EK Water Blocks EK-FC4870 CF
EK Water Blocks EK-NB/SB 5
Swiftech MCP355
XSPC Laing DDC Reservoir
XSPC RS360
3x Yate Loon D12SL-12
Masterkleer 7/16"
D-Tek High-Flow 1/2" OD, black nickel

system:
C2D E8500 @ 4.5ghz, 1.36V (golden sample :cool:)
Asus Rampage Formula
Crucial Ballistix 2x2GB PC6400
Sapphire HD4870 1024mb @ 850/4000mhz, 1.30V
2x WD6400AAKS @ raid0
HP dvd107
Corsair VX550

IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

My new Lian Li. :) And yes, I don't have one of the side panels on as I still need to cut some cable management notches.

IMG_41102.jpg

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt your Tuniq Tower indexed the wrong way? You need to turn it 90 degress, anyone else agree? Other than that, looking real good!

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt your Tuniq Tower indexed the wrong way? You need to turn it 90 degress, anyone else agree? Other than that, looking real good!

You are correct. The case does not have enough space to allow such a configuration, however. Some motherboards have the CPU socket more towards the middle, the 680i motherboard is towards the end so the Tuniq hits the divider if installed the other way than shown. Good thing is, my CPU is still rock steady and only hits 56*C on load even with the fan on low. :)

My Lian Li modded to look like a Voodoo PC. The case was a V1200B. I believe the Omen is a modified V2000 full tower.

You did a really good job of replicating voodoo's work, almost looks identical if you don't know what to look for.

The case feet are simply rubber casters purchased from Home Depot that are painted black and screwed into the bottom of the case.

Has anyone put a vent/blowhole on the top of their V1000B? I know a lot of people put them on the A05Bs, and they look good on them. The grills typically used are either this or this (I'd probably go with the latter for my case). I've just been contemplating doing the same to my V1000B, but I'm not sure if I want to cut into her, haha. I don't know if it will end up looking good or not. It flows well with the A05B and fits the case, but I'm not sure if it will do the same with mine. The reason I'm thinking about doing it is because the case comes with the fan and vent next to the video card area that is supposed to vent, but I feel like it doesn't do the best job there. I can put my hand next to the vent, and there isn't a whole lot of airflow, mainly because of the mesh vent I think. Since the fan is about an inch away from the actual vent I think that a lot of the air doesn't push through the best. I feel like if I took that fan, and moved it to the top of the case, that it would do a better job of exhausting heat from the area.

@CLock3
why not just reverse the airflow, making the rear as exhaust and side vent as intake.

I did it on mine last time, manage to cool down graphic card by 5c on both idle and load.

Well, I did have it like that for a while, but when I had it that way, the CPU temp came up a little. So it's one or the other, haha. I need to get a better CPU cooler at some point, but I have no cash for one at the moment.

Installed a bulgin switch, did some cable management (now I just need a new motherboard that has a good layout and doesn't require a molex plug), and managed to fit all six of my HDDs into my case.

I saw a similar modification done on, I think, Gruntville where the guy screwed one of the bottom HDD bays into the 5.25" bay area. I found that I did not need to screw mine in as it is very stable and does not rattle the case. I also used the Lian Li video card cooling fan holder that comes with the case and installed it above the HDD rack that is in my 5.25" bays. This is one of the reasons why the HDDs are vertical, the other reason is because I can hide the SATA cables better. Now they stay at the same temp as the HDDs on the bottom of the case, which are cooled by the front fan as designed by Lian Li. The reason for this modification is because the PSU, even with my short HX520, is very cramped with both bays in and would make working on the case not fun. Plus, I was planning to purchase one of the Lian Li HDD mounting kits, but this saves me at least $22.

The PCI fan above my video card is great. Purchased it many months ago for ~$2.99 shipped from Newegg when they had the big fan sale. It is not terribly loud at 12v, but at 7v it is silent and still pushes a good amount of air. Took 5-7*C off my video card temps so it was worth it.

Some other things:
Removed the front USB/audio device that is installed at the bottom of the case. That took away a bunch of cables. I never use those things either.
Yes, I have one silver 5.25" bay cover instead of one black one. I'm too cheap to buy one so it'll stay like that for now.

IMG_41501.jpg

IMG_41511.jpg

IMG_41551.jpg

HDD rack:
IMG_41532.jpg

Overall, I am quite happy with this Lian Li. My previous PC-70 rattled a ton and this case doesn't at all. Still holds the high quality standards of Lian Li, too. I would've liked a PC-V1200B instead, but that would've cost me another >$40 dollars. The V1200B that I was looking at came with the solid side panel rather than a window, and since it was the Plus II model, the side panel had a mesh fan grill integrated in it, which increases the noise level and ruins the look, IMO.

May not be a PC... but it is in a Lian-Li case;)

Swiftech MCP350 pump
2x Koolance vga block
Side Thermaltake Rad with 120mm fan
Danger den Fillport
120gb HDD
Rear 120mm Lian-Li fan
DSC_0278.jpg

DSC_0282.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

Back