The Lian Li Gallery

At the moment this is my main rig as my Tusmi case I have is in haveing mobo replaced in it

Not bad, but would you mind posting/PM'ing me some pics with the lights on in the room...I just wanted to see how the front panel looks with the grills screwed on, I've got an idea what it probly looks like (considering the factory holes that're punched into the metal) but if you could it'd be much appreciated.

Another thing, all I see in that pic is that you're most likely running air cooling, I don't see a vapo or anything mounted under the case, and I highly doubt a Pelt setup would hold that setup at that low of a temp. Hopefully you meant 32C and 27C...because I don't see any possible way you could be sitting at 30 degrees below zero on the CPU and/or mobo with what I see there.

Desk, and inside of case. Intake mod here. Enjoy.

Nice stuff bro, the intake mod looks quite clean. Can't say I like it enough to want it in my own system, but it's quite original and cleanly done none-the-less.

Im joining in too. i would kill something for that desk. possibly my current case, desk and whatever else they want thats less than the cost of the desk. lmao

i REALLLLLLLY want a Li Li v1000 now :(

Always nice to see some more big boy towers being used...thx for the pics xfoureyedgeek. If I do end up building an ATX based system when I've got the cash, I think I just might have to take the step up from the PC-6077 to the 7077...I love all that space availiable...so much I could do with it. :cool:

myroom5.jpg

myroom1.jpg

:) PC-65B

Well, I went digging and found the latest pics I had posted up of my old LiLi...thought I might as well post 'em up here (can't remember if I ever did before) for a trip down memory lane. Sry if I had these posted here already, but I honestly couldn't remember, and I miss that case so much, pity I never got it done.

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully I get the funds fairly soon to pickup a PC-6077 and get the cuts done that I want so I can start working towards it's paint job, a high gloss black/clearcoat from an autobody shop this time instead of the flat black powder coat I used on my PC-60.

tanjO said:
ABOUT TIME, cornelious0_0! :p thanks! v.nice aswell.

No problem man, sorry that they're old pics, but that's where the case ended up. Can't wait to (hopefully) get to redo some of the same mods on the PC-6077, and I can't wait to see what the gloss black/clearcoat paintjob is gonna look like when I pick the case up from the autobody shop. :D

cornelious0_0 said:
Well, I went digging and found the latest pics I had posted up of my old LiLi...thought I might as well post 'em up here (can't remember if I ever did before) for a trip down memory lane. Sry if I had these posted here already, but I honestly couldn't remember, and I miss that case so much, pity I never got it done.

Hopefully I get the funds fairly soon to pickup a PC-6077 and get the cuts done that I want so I can start working towards it's paint job, a high gloss black/clearcoat from an autobody shop this time instead of the flat black powder coat I used on my PC-60.

Damn thats weird that you post that now, considering my case just got back from the powdercoaters :) I got the idea from your old case :p

F4iGuy said:
Damn thats weird that you post that now, considering my case just got back from the powdercoaters :) I got the idea from your old case :p

Awsome, can't wait for some pics of the thing assembled.

A question for you though, one thing I noticed was that with the powdercoating, a lot of panels and such were very tight and some screw holes were almost to the point where I couldn't thread them afterwards. Let me know how your installation/assembly goes...it might have just been the fault of the place where I got my case done, but that was the biggest downer I had about the paintjob. If I knew I could get it done differently enough so that everything fit togethor perfectly I'd do it again...but I dunno...we've all seen the piano finish on the Antec Sonata...the thought of a Lian-Li PC-6077 with an even nicer/more reflective finish inside and out would be too sexy to turn down. :D :cool:

cornelious0_0 said:
Awsome, can't wait for some pics of the thing assembled.

A question for you though, one thing I noticed was that with the powdercoating, a lot of panels and such were very tight and some screw holes were almost to the point where I couldn't thread them afterwards. Let me know how your installation/assembly goes...it might have just been the fault of the place where I got my case done, but that was the biggest downer I had about the paintjob. If I knew I could get it done differently enough so that everything fit togethor perfectly I'd do it again...but I dunno...we've all seen the piano finish on the Antec Sonata...the thought of a Lian-Li PC-6077 with an even nicer/more reflective finish inside and out would be too sexy to turn down. :D :cool:
Yea I've heard of problems with threads afterwards. I asked this guy about it and he said he would use plugs on the larger holes and that the coat wouldnt be thick enough to affect most of them. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I start putting all my new parts in it. Hopefully everything fits smoothly. Only other thing I'm worried about is dust in this case. I live in dorms w/ central air and its really REALLY dusty in here.

F4iGuy said:

Looks sexy. I always wanted to do something like with red parts and cables.

F4iGuy said:
Yea I've heard of problems with threads afterwards. I asked this guy about it and he said he would use plugs on the larger holes and that the coat wouldnt be thick enough to affect most of them. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I start putting all my new parts in it. Hopefully everything fits smoothly. Only other thing I'm worried about is dust in this case. I live in dorms w/ central air and its really REALLY dusty in here.

I suppose I could always talk to someone there about what happened last time and see if there's ways around it. Another reason I was thinking of the high-gloss clearcoat paintjob was because anything too thin or plastic can't stand up to the heat when they "bake on the paint". This is a bummer...cus I have to have my drive bezel(s) done too, tried it the first time and it didn't come back in teh same shape. :p Aside from that, I'm trying to decide what aftermarket 5.25" bay devices/things I might want in the case, cus it's the easiest thing in teh world for an autobody shop to mask off buttons and lcd screens on something like a fan controller or something so that EVERYthing has the same kickass finish...something that isn't nearly as easy with powder coating.

Watch out, my room wasn't even that dusty when i had that case...and it's not that it collects faster, but the dust stuck out like a sore thumb on that paintjob.

All in all it did turn out nice, but I canNOT say no to the autobody finish I know I could have...especially if I decide to do any internal/external highlights in yellow and get the paint color matched to the components on the DFI Ultra-D that'd be going in the case. :D

cornelious0_0 said:
I suppose I could always talk to someone there about what happened last time and see if there's ways around it. Another reason I was thinking of the high-gloss clearcoat paintjob was because anything too thin or plastic can't stand up to the heat when they "bake on the paint". This is a bummer...cus I have to have my drive bezel(s) done too, tried it the first time and it didn't come back in teh same shape. :p Aside from that, I'm trying to decide what aftermarket 5.25" bay devices/things I might want in the case, cus it's the easiest thing in teh world for an autobody shop to mask off buttons and lcd screens on something like a fan controller or something so that EVERYthing has the same kickass finish...something that isn't nearly as easy with powder coating.

Watch out, my room wasn't even that dusty when i had that case...and it's not that it collects faster, but the dust stuck out like a sore thumb on that paintjob.

All in all it did turn out nice, but I canNOT say no to the autobody finish I know I could have...especially if I decide to do any internal/external highlights in yellow and get the paint color matched to the components on the DFI Ultra-D that'd be going in the case. :D
Yea thats what I got. Specs of the PC going in this case :
dfi sli-dr
opteron 165
2 gigs gskill ddr500
74 gig raptor
2x 7800gt's
xfi music
enermax liberty 620w
watercooling next month

AlumaxX, that's one of the more original Lian-Li projects I've seen to date...got any more shots or higher resolution copies of the ones you already posted?

I'm definitely gonna want to see this when it's done if that's not the finished product. :cool:

PS: Just be sure to post thumbnail's or hyperlinks if you've got any high-res shots...not to hard to "anger" people around here. :p

High res pictures will follow when I have finished the mod. I'm not much of a photographer myself, so I will have someone else take the pictures.

AlumaxX said:
High res pictures will follow when I have finished the mod. I'm not much of a photographer myself, so I will have someone else take the pictures.

Fair enough, as long as they show up sooner or later. ;)

benamaster said:
AlumaxX, That case looks really well done. What is the 2nd PSU for?

Powering the toys inside the case while leaving the actual system to be run on the other?

qbackin...kinda hard to make anything out...care to take a "lights on" shot from the same angle, and then another one looking dead on at the side panel?

AlumaxX, very nice looking case. Seems like you could have gotten by easily with a solid single PSU though. You dont have that much hardware, even counting a pump or two.

Got a few newer pics, just changed out my DFI mobo, for an Asus model. Lost some overclocking.. and ram timings in the process, but the chipset fan was driving me crazy. Also added a second AC Silencer, didnt have room on the DFI board.

2xSilencer1.jpg

2xSilencer2.jpg

2xSilencer3.jpg

qbackin said:
Can you fit dual NV5 in a DFI ultra D?

No, this was one of the downfalls of Ultra-D and SLI-DR...the available space between the PCI-E slots...the SLI-DR Expert fixed this, along with some other issues, things that have been fairly well received by the public.

What would the purpose of dual NV5's be if you're running an Ultra-D? I guess if you wanted two cards for extra monitor outputs, but that's about all I could see making sense. Never tried it, but as far as I know there's isn't sufficient space between the two slots to have an NV5 on the top card.

qbackin said:
wtf do you mean whats the point? To cool 7800GT sli
It is modded to sli

Settle down bro, wasn't knocking you or anything...

I know pefectly well that the Ultra-D's have been SLI modded many times over, should have brought it up, just seemed like a strange question at first.

Still stands though...don't think you'd have a lot of luck trying to fit an NV5 on that top card.

Hard911 said:
get some ramsinks for your video cards fallguy

You'd be surprised how over-rated those things are sometimes...in many cases, older video cards running more standard DDR memory got a fair bit warmer then the GDDR3 in most of today's cards. Hell, when I had my X800XT-PE voltmodded and on water cooling, I had the core up to 700MHz and the memory at 1.3GHz...not a ramsink to be seen. A key thing is to cool your core as nicely as you can...you'd be surprised how much lower core temps and more voltage (in the instance of voltmodding) can aid in your memory overclock.

While they can't hurt, ramsinks aren't always AS important as many people think.

Back