The last game that gave you a lasting impression?

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
I'm going to go out with Rift by Trion games basically the last game that left me wanting a sequel. The gameplay didn't suck the grind wasn't bad but the environments mounts world bosses were really memorable. It's the reason why I hope Ashes of Creation is similar.

2nd up was Duke Nukem Forever just the Multiplayer not the single player.

3rd runner up is Wartales which came out last year but the ability to focus on menial tasks while exploring the overworld is similar to old Ultima and Final Fantasy games turn based games. I have 140 hours in that game last game to do that were the above two games.

Last edited:
Elden Ring. Finished first playthrough after 150 hours two years ago as mage. Started a new run as knight a couple of weeks ago as preparation for the new expansion, and can't put it down.

FF7 Remake, Cyberpunk 2077, Metro Exodus. One of those games is around 5 years old already. I'll have to think more if there were some others, but generally most games do not really grab me that much anymore. Too derivative, task-based rather than experience based, and many just blend together.

I've certainly liked many other games over the past few years but the ones that give me a lasting impression are obviously fewer and further between.

Edit: Thought some more, going to add some to the list.

Red Dead Redemption 2
Horizon Zero Dawn

Honorable mention to A Plague Tale Requiem, although weak in the gameplay department it does an excellent job at telling an emotional story.

Last edited:
Battle Brothers (I feel Wartales could be fun in the same style, bought it and will try it at some point),
Vampire Survivor,
Slay the Spire,

I imagine those 3 have a lot of similar predecessor, copy cat, etc... but they were the first like that a personally played

Manor Lords, unlike the other 3, played Banished before and Anno before that, so just a small evolution on a vary common game dynamic, the way we feel less the grid system and most building end up custom sized.

Last edited:
Fallout Series. I fire up one of the games about once a week. Currently configuring (modding) Fallout 3 for a new playthrough with mods I've never tried before.

Disco Elysium!

It has a quality that makes it utterly unique and the depth of world building is insane. You never get to explore it physically, but it's an entire fleshed out world with it's own countries, politics, history and cultures. Started playing it again recently, so absorbing if you're prepared to give it your time. The music and background ambience complete its distinctiveness.

Disco Elysium!

It has a quality that makes it utterly unique and the depth of world building is insane. You never get to explore it physically, but it's an entire fleshed out world with it's own countries, politics, history and cultures. Started playing it again recently, so absorbing if you're prepared to give it your time. The music and background ambience complete its distinctiveness.

I also came here to say this.

I've been wanting to do a replay as a completely different character, but wanted to wait for it to fade from memory a bit, However, even after a couple of years many of the details are still pretty vibrant in my mind.

Also, it's the only game I've ever bought the soundtrack for. A track kicks in while on random play and I can see the scene.

Batman Arkham games by far #1. Tales that will be told long after I am gone and live forever hit different when you grew up watching them in cartoons and reading them in comic books. Looking to get a big Batman realistic tattoo half sleeve sometime in the future.

Fallout games for that post apocalyptic world feeling. I remember Fallout 3 being one of my favorite gaming experiences.

Battlefield games for the semi realistic but fun war genre games. Have hundreds of friends in these games over 20 years.

Overwatch for the hero shooter games. Crazy intense memories with friends for years.

These are games that I still play to this day no matter how long ago they were released.

There is more but this is a small list.

Cyberpunk 2077 + Phantom Liberty. I still think about it, still listen to the OST and consider replaying. I would like to replay it but on a newer PC so I can use those graphic mods for photo realism. Trying to hold on the replay until then.

Hmm, the games that kind of defined me as a gamer,

Dune 2, got a megadrive for this one
Duke nukem 3D loved the action hero attitude also mp was fun with the weaponry like the trip mines etc..
Baldurs gate, my first western made RPG and on the pc nonetheless, great memories
World of warcraft, granted most people I palyed with when it launched have long gone, and the community does not feel as tight anymore, still holds me entertained and have some friends left.
Borderlands series, even though I think the first one is pretty meh, the rest are my jam.

The last game that left an impression on me?

Yeah, I'm not the most modern gamer. Probably 1 vs 100 on Xbox Live.

Cyberpunk 2077 and the Borderlands games except Tiny Tina's. Not that I didn't enjoy it, the story and end game content was just a bit too shallow for me.

most recent for me was alan wake 2. the atmosphere of that game was just incredible.

do know that this is a horribly biased opinion...i love everything remedy makes. they could push out a dog turd and i'd probably still tell you it's wonderful.

The game that I always look back and wish I could experience again was the first Subnautica. Navigating that world was just incredible.

Back