The "I Bought My Left 4 Dead Copy!!" Thread

Just played vs mode. Playing as infected is some serious fun.

o. well that sorta changes things a bit for me. as i said, i didnt know what the hell vs. mode was at all. so now that i know i can be a zombie and kill people, i will absolutely buy this game. thanks dudes.

I'm sure its replay will be fine. I mean how can people play de_dust 5,000,000,000 times without getting sick of it? Have you ever played zombie mod? If you have, you'll understand that I mean this game should be a better version of zombie source.

exactly... I haven't purchased the whole game yet but it's definitely more intense and better than zombie: source mod playing the demo.

The game is seriously fun. Played it for about 4 1/2 hours nonstop, but it's time for bed now. Can't wait for this weekend!

Noob here, how the hell do i activate my preload ?
I tried with the Activate game and putting the confirmation code i got on my email when i purchased but no luck ...

I tried with the Activate game and putting the confirmation code i got on my email when i purchased but no luck ...

If you bought it from Steam go to Games and double-click on Left4Dead :)

I havent played the versus mode yet, but if they could make a mode that is like Zombie mod where everyone is human for the first minute, then one person is randomly infected, would be fun. Seems like versus mode, the zambies get to hid first, then the humans have to get from point a to point b?

Got my copy from steam, dont know when ima get to play it yet though with WOTLK, COD WAW, LBigplanet, etc. Its on the list tho!

Make sure you're not trying to load the demo.

exit out of steam, and then restart steam, sometimes when you purchase games over steam, it asks you for an activation code....just restart it and you should be up and playing (you do need an activation, as your valve id/pw is your activation)

Finished No Mercy last night on advanced to at least be able to beat it. Awesome times.

Played through the airport part online, serious fun! had to pull myself away to go to class.

I think playing in versus mode is wayyy scarier for the Survivors because you know that there are 4 other guys out there creeping around as zombies.

Fun fun game :D

During lunch today I had a run thru on advanced.

Kinda surprised me as we came limping into the saferoom near subway and it's no longer a saferoom like in demo, it was just a normal room containing a boomer that promptly dropped pea soup on two of us, causing massive swarm from two directions. We made it out of there with only three left.

Looking forward to getting some time on it this weekend.

There is still the same two safe rooms in the game, except the last saferoom in the demo now continues to the next level. I was pretty happy with how No Mercy played out. Advanced seemed about as tough as the demo Expert was, idk maybe it was just me. Going to try the next movie tonight.

Anyone know how much data you have to download after installing it from the retail box version? I am on dial up, and cannot possibly download the whole game and a bunch of updates.

There is still the same two safe rooms in the game, except the last saferoom in the demo now continues to the next level. I was pretty happy with how No Mercy played out. Advanced seemed about as tough as the demo Expert was, idk maybe it was just me. Going to try the next movie tonight.

Yeah I noticed it got a lot hard as well. Then again I was playing singleplayer and the AIs are kinda slow. I tried running through on expert and died in the subway from a witch, boomer, hunter combo. That was neat. Tried it again on advanced and it seemed more doable but still pretty damn hard as I died right in front of the hospital by a tank and hunter.

must get off work in 2 hours. must goto gamestop. must buy game. must go home and play argg ggggargg i dont know how long i can last. awearaslfj

I got mine at my local Wal-Mart for $9.95. They had a few miss-marked, so it was a pleasant surprise. My computer can't handle the game though :(

i only got to play the demo through once, and im pretty slutted that Its been locked. i hadnt played it enough to decide if its worth buying or not. it costs close to $100nz because of the damn exchange rate, so i dont want to waste any money (it will be money wasted as i cant sell the game if i dont enjoy it)

yea so i bought it, completed 1st and 4th campaign on normal co-op, and 1st and last campaign on versus normal all in one sitting. i ended up going to sleep 12 hours later than i normally do, and being 45minutes late to work.

left4dead is awesome.

Game is absolutely amazing, myself and two friends played through it on normal last night and I dont know how Im going to make it through work today haha. Increidbly addictive and hard to put down. The AI is incredible imo, the loops it throws at you when you think youve found a way around it are great. Best CO-OP game Evar!

I played last night for two hours. I finally had to stop because the GF was trying to sleep and the flashing from the machine gun was keeping her up. I can't wait to play more tonight. It is a blast!

Multiplayer GOTY!!..Hands down..

Picked it up today @ CC for $39..All I needed was the code since STEAM had preloaded the game when the demo expired..Go figure..Just finished mercy online and WOW..What a blast!!

Got mine today from amazon for $39.99 with free 2-day shipping. Just finished installing it, and I can't wait to play tonight.

Got mine today from amazon for $39.99 with free 2-day shipping. Just finished installing it, and I can't wait to play tonight.

The game is great, I played only for a bit last night and it was a blast with my friends!

are the only real weapons in the game are the weapons in the demo?? that would suck if the uzi, pump shot gun, pistil, sniper, m16, and autosg are the only weapons? cause at the end of the demo it says 10 weapons i hope they are not counting the gernande type stuff.

have no interest in this game, demo was boring.. feels like an endless left click fest.. hey to each his own, you guys like it good for you, enjoy

I finally got to play for about 6 hours today, GOTY hands down. I beat No Mercy and Death Toll on Advanced, Expert mode was too hard for me to get through with AI survivors. Versus Mode is a blast, I love being the infected.

Valve makes yet another smash hit so cheers to them. Go Valve and Source!

Pre-ordered through steam. Had my first long game session tonight. Beat No Mercy on advanced, and then went through 5 tries of Death Toll on advanced before taking a break. Kept getting to the 2-minute warning and getting raped by the Tank, lol.

Already added 2 really awesome players to my friends list.

Downloaded the demo yesterday but didn't get a chance to try to play it until tonight. Now it's expired. God damnit! Not gonna buy it without getting to try it out first...

I think they upped the difficulty for the levels, imo. Normal seemed harder than other times tonight. Either that, or another terrible group. But we couldn't beat the final chapter of No Mercy, I finally left.

Downloaded the demo yesterday but didn't get a chance to try to play it until tonight. Now it's expired. God damnit! Not gonna buy it without getting to try it out first...

there should be a free wekend soon, my guess is around thanksgiving. also i'm willing to bet steam purchasers get a guest pass like they gave with TF2.

How well does vs mode work in the final game? I checked out a couple videos on youtube, but it always seemed to be in favor of the survivors.

pre ordered and played the demo and loved it, the full version is great as well !

im still a bit twitchy from it :eek:

How well does vs mode work in the final game? I checked out a couple videos on youtube, but it always seemed to be in favor of the survivors.

depends on the difficulty of the server, the particular map you are playing, the ability of the survivors to work together, and the cooperation of coordinated attacks between the player-zombies. I was playing with 3 friends against a couple random survivor peoples, and we were killing them way before they were killing us on hard difficulty. Just have to get a boomer to puke on em when they are getting rushed by a panic attack, have a smoker pull one of em around the corner away from the rest of the survivors, have a hunter jump on one of em and keep em pinned, and use whatever else you have to beat the crap out of the remaining guy.

they go down. oh yes, they will go down.

what makes it really difficult is if you are outnumbered by survivors. then you've got some problems.

try to make up strats on the fly if you can. you can rape face with the littlest bit of teamwork as the infected.

it takes a lot more teamwork to do the same as the survivors imo.

always at least run with 1 other person as zombies, and figure out which 2 you will take out. more people are likely to split up into pairs moreso then fall behind solo. but that also happens and you have to be ready to pounce on the opportunity.

hunter + anything is a nice combo to run in pairs with.

Back