The "I Bought My Left 4 Dead Copy!!" Thread

Got mine today from amazon for $39.99 with free 2-day shipping. Just finished installing it, and I can't wait to play tonight.

Ahhh lucky. I ordered it with 2 day shipping from Amazon and it won't arrive until tomorrow.
Is it true that I can just input the key since I have it pre-loaded from the demo?

Wow!! The game is amazing, i have yet to try it with people. But i installed it and set the difficulty to easy lol and joined a single player game. I have to say, its freaking AWSOME! I got spooked by the sounds, and didnt expect the zombies to charge at me. Some were standing still so i was like... hmmm maybe easy is pathetic... then from the side i hear a zombie running at me, i turn to my left and pop him in the head. But wow! was that adrenaline rushing, cant wait to get a group of 3 or 4 friends to try it out.

Barely won a 4 on 4 in the "No Mercy" campaign. I love being the smoker!

Barely won a 4 on 4 in the "No Mercy" campaign. I love being the smoker!

I played for 2 hours last night on versus, No Mercy campaign. SO MUCH FRICKEN FUN!!!!!!!!! It was hilarious seeing / being a boomer.

Played last night for 3 hours straight, couldn't barely pull myself away from the keyboard to use the restroom. Booted up, turned all settings to max and got ready to deal with the lobby system that everybody has been complaining so much about. I got right into a campaign game fresh start on 'No mercy' and didn't leave there for 3 hours. Funny thing is we struggled through the first level but got to the safe house after 2 trys or so but spent the next 20 trys wiping on the second level. After 2 hours or so we decided to check the difficulty only to realize it was not on normal like we had all thought but on expert. I now have something to look forward to because I think you will need a good group and a good understanding of the game to beat it all on expert. I applaud anybody who has beat it on expert. BRAVO!

Played last night for 3 hours straight, couldn't barely pull myself away from the keyboard to use the restroom. Booted up, turned all settings to max and got ready to deal with the lobby system that everybody has been complaining so much about. I got right into a campaign game fresh start on 'No mercy' and didn't leave there for 3 hours. Funny thing is we struggled through the first level but got to the safe house after 2 trys or so but spent the next 20 trys wiping on the second level. After 2 hours or so we decided to check the difficulty only to realize it was not on normal like we had all thought but on expert. I now have something to look forward to because I think you will need a good group and a good understanding of the game to beat it all on expert. I applaud anybody who has beat it on expert. BRAVO!

Yea, the special infected were absolutely raping us last night on Advanced in the Death Toll campaign.

Yea, the special infected were absolutely raping us last night on Advanced in the Death Toll campaign.

You're talking about the bosses right? If so yeah they really add a whole new level to the difficulty. The tank on expert makes an absolute mess of things I must say, and it is truly a sight to behold watching him rip up and huck a chunk of concrete into your teammate from 50 yards away while everyone is unloading all they have at it before it can get any closer. So bada$$.

Last night we encountered a tank in an open street area. So we're strafing around, pouring lead into him, and my teammate decides he'll flank around a car. Think again. tank turned around and smashed the car into him. I was like "holy f---- s@%" lol. Or the time a hunter waited for us in the safe house, or the time a smoker pulled me out a 2nd story window onto a street of infected...or...or...or...lol

or the time a smoker pulled me out a 2nd story window onto a street of infected...or...or...or...lol

Near safe house, smoker pulls me into street. I kill him as I get into the street, but a boomer then sprays me AS SOMEONE HITS THE FUCKING CAR. Alarm goes off. I just hit c, say fuck... k guys time to run gogogogogogogogogo. and just sit there while my guys run into the safe room :(

Beat all 4 movies on Advanced, now to go through them on Expert. I was disappointed in the lack of different weapons, characters, and monsters between the movies. It was all the same, just a different location. I really hope they come out with some new movies that add something new.

Either that or the modding community has their way with it. Honestly was expecting more 'content'. Seems like a $39.99 or cheaper game.

Beat all 4 movies on Advanced, now to go through them on Expert. I was disappointed in the lack of different weapons, characters, and monsters between the movies. It was all the same, just a different location. I really hope they come out with some new movies that add something new.

Either that or the modding community has their way with it. Honestly was expecting more 'content'. Seems like a $39.99 or cheaper game.

Did you play single player, or online co-op? Did you play any of the levels over? That's the whole point of the game, is the fact that each play through will be different because of the director. And single player is definitely boring compared to online co-op, or the versus mode.

I thought there were going to be other guns. All I've seen before are the same that were in the demo.

True. but in my opinion, any other weapon would fill the same role as one that already exists.

Not really. I love the game, but things I would like to see...

Chainsaw
Rocketlaucher
Flamethrower

With weapons like these, zombie waves need to be much larger.

hell yeah chainsaw. It'd be funny to see Bill running after some zombies with a chainsaw laughing like a maniac.

Bill reminds me of the Heavy from TF2, except not Russian or fat, and older.

But yah, him running around with a chainsaw would be fun as hell.

Goddamn you people and all your fun.

This is the 6th game I "had" to get in about a month thanks to this thread.

D/L'ing now

:D

-dave

definitely need a chainsaw, or at least a cordless rotary saw. Would be nice to have an AK 47 or a .50cal.

Game is hella fun though, Best zombie game ever bar none.

Anyone know if there are going to be new maps by modders?

Anyone else get 4 extra copies instead of 3 when buying the "Left 4 Dead: 4 pack"?

Effectively I have 5 copies in total. There is my copy and 4 extras :eek: :D

Anyone else get 4 extra copies instead of 3 when buying the "Left 4 Dead: 4 pack"?

Effectively I have 5 copies in total. There is my copy and 4 extras :eek: :D

Need any help with getting rid of those? :D I would like to play this game, but don't think it's worth $50.

definitely need a chainsaw, or at least a cordless rotary saw. Would be nice to have an AK 47 or a .50cal.

Game is hella fun though, Best zombie game ever bar none.

Anyone know if there are going to be new maps by modders?

they are releasing the mapping/ai tools for modders.

Need any help with getting rid of those? :D I would like to play this game, but don't think it's worth $50.

Unfortunately not.. All except one of the extras I have given to some mates, and the other extra will probably be going to a friend of a friend. I was shocked when I downloaded my copy and it still said "4 extra copies" next to the game. Sweet deal :)

if any of you guys have that 1 extra copy with no one to give I'll buy it for 10-20 dollas :D

Nearly finished this tonight with some randomers. No communication at all, but I was holding us together pretty well with the healing and such, whilst they blundered around charging into rooms of zombies and setting off so many car alarms it sounded like a fucking nightclub. Got to the house at the end, waiting for the boat, managed to beat the penultimate wave off just as my last team-mate died. Scurrying about looking for a medkit or pills to take me up from 12 health the last tank arrived.

I hate how the bastard can move at normal running speed. So close.

In other news, a friend came over and played it today. He'd been poo-pooing my opinion when I told him that it wasn't really worth the price of a full game, saying I was over-opinionated and such. It's a fair claim, as I am, but I'm also usually right about stuff like this.

He played it for an hour and agreed with me. Pretty mundane at times, and the points at which it does liven up aren't worth the price of a full retail game. It'll be good when we all get on it together, but that will only be for the same reason that Battlefield and Age of Chivalry and Age of Conan and Counter-Strike are good: because dicking about with friends is fun. The game in itself is average, but it's a medium in which we can fart about and be silly, so we'll no doubt enjoy it.

Personally, the only fun I have in public servers is shutting someone out of the saferoom as the horde charges in, and watching them frantically trying to open the door as I hammer E and they get bumfucked to death, or sitting on top of a building and waiting for my team to wander past the Witch before shooting her and watching them get mowed down. They're usually too German or French to cotton on, so that's a bit of a laugh. Tonight was a good run. Every time they started being simple I punished them by locking them out with crowds of zombies, or let them get messed up if they decided to wander off alone when someone else was healing up.

I love playing versus mode. Also, playing with non-douche bags is always key for me. I haven't met any yet, but I've read some pretty d-bag stuff that people do, oh well, d-bags will always be d-bags.

Played Versus mode last night with 4v4, everyone I know, it was so intense and hilarious. Boomer has got to be the funnest infected to play, for me atleast.

Nearly finished this tonight with some randomers. No communication at all, but I was holding us together pretty well with the healing and such, whilst they blundered around charging into rooms of zombies and setting off so many car alarms it sounded like a fucking nightclub. Got to the house at the end, waiting for the boat, managed to beat the penultimate wave off just as my last team-mate died. Scurrying about looking for a medkit or pills to take me up from 12 health the last tank arrived.

In other news, a friend came over and played it today. He'd been poo-pooing my opinion when I told him that it wasn't really worth the price of a full game, saying I was over-opinionated and such. It's a fair claim, as I am, but I'm also usually right about stuff like this.

He played it for an hour and agreed with me. Pretty mundane at times, and the points at which it does liven up aren't worth the price of a full retail game. It'll be good when we all get on it together, but that will only be for the same reason that Battlefield and Age of Chivalry and Age of Conan and Counter-Strike are good: because dicking about with friends is fun. The game in itself is average, but it's a medium in which we can fart about and be silly, so we'll no doubt enjoy it.

Personally, the only fun I have in public servers is shutting someone out of the saferoom as the horde charges in, and watching them frantically trying to open the door as I hammer E and they get bumfucked to death, or sitting on top of a building and waiting for my team to wander past the Witch before shooting her and watching them get mowed down. They're usually too German or French to cotton on, so that's a bit of a laugh. Tonight was a good run. Every time they started being simple I punished them by locking them out with crowds of zombies, or let them get messed up if they decided to wander off alone when someone else was healing up.

You complain about having to play with other public people and how they're blundering etc. but to me you sound like the blundering idiot player who sucks at the game and makes it harder for everyone else.

Yea, I've only had one person be a dick so far. He kept running infront of everyone while we were firing and then complaining that we almost killed him. He was constantly talking on Death Tool like a thug gangsta saying "who's the black guy, you almost killed me n-----, yea yea, come dis way, we be gettin dem zombies". Needless to say he was vote kicked soon after, lol.

What's your SteamID? Just curious.

You complain about having to play with other public people and how they're blundering etc. but to me you sound like the blundering idiot player who sucks at the game and makes it harder for everyone else.

I'm actually very capable. I don't mind saying it. I stay with people when they're healing up, I give them pain pills when they need them, I heal them if they're bleeding and I'm not. I cover people as they try and get into a room to join us, sometimes at my own cost. Despite all this, I also frequently get the most infected kills, and least damage taken, all that stuff.
I just have no problem team-killing the morons that run off ahead whilst someone's healing, get pinned by a hunter/puked on by a boomer and get us all killed when we rush to save them for the billionth time. It grates when you join a co-op game and you get people who are more concerned with rushing off ahead and getting the most infected kills than actually cooperating.

Cheers anyway.

I'm actually very capable. I don't mind saying it. I stay with people when they're healing up, I give them pain pills when they need them, I heal them if they're bleeding and I'm not. I cover people as they try and get into a room to join us, sometimes at my own cost. Despite all this, I also frequently get the most infected kills, and least damage taken, all that stuff.
I just have no problem team-killing the morons that run off ahead whilst someone's healing, get pinned by a hunter/puked on by a boomer and get us all killed when we rush to save them for the billionth time. It grates when you join a co-op game and you get people who are more concerned with rushing off ahead and getting the most infected kills than actually cooperating.

Cheers anyway.

Alright, i'll lay off. I actually agree with you. I would rather get through successfully and have the least infected kills etc. than to rush in front of teammates etc. to get more kills. So far I have found nothing but good pug's to play with, maybe i'm the exception though.

I think it's easier in the US because you're put in servers with people from the same continent, and there aren't any language barriers. Every game I've played in so far (except for tonight's, my first versus) has been completely silent. You might get some French guy type something like "lolololoooooool" or "pamplemousse" or whatever occasionally. If there was a way to filter servers by nation like in Trackmania, I think you'd be almost guaranteed good times.

I have to admit that just running like a banshee is pretty effective, turning around and backrunning every now and then to drop a few infected and then carrying on. Odds are pretty good that you're going to get hammered when you hit an objective (or a Witch), but it isn't usually that brutal.

It is hilarious though. Generally the rest of the team is going to be sticking together, just slogging through, while you're nearly half a mile ahead and just running your ass off. Definitely try it some time.

I wish there was a way to have the "look for lobby game" only adhere to certain filters, like ping and stuff. Cause that signal bar when you hit tab is the ping I'm assuming. I was getting some shitty connections last night.

Cheers anyway.

"Griefer" killing someone is just as much a dick move as running ahead and drawing out the horde.

Just something to think about.

I wish there was a way to have the "look for lobby game" only adhere to certain filters, like ping and stuff. Cause that signal bar when you hit tab is the ping I'm assuming. I was getting some shitty connections last night.

They're working on a server browser update. you can use the server browser by opening your console, "~" with developer console enabled in the options, and then enter "openserverbrowser" i believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm at work and can't check.

They're working on a server browser update. you can use the server browser by opening your console, "~" with developer console enabled in the options, and then enter "openserverbrowser" i believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm at work and can't check.

I'll check it out, thanks.

"Griefer" killing someone is just as much a dick move as running ahead and drawing out the horde.

Just something to think about.

I'm aware of it. As I said, they act like cockholes I've no reservations doing the same in return. I've not even made that ambiguous. Take your sanctimony elsewhere.

Sorry, ive been away for a bit. but uhhmmmm..i have a Cafe account, so any new Valve game that comes out, i get it free :) . But im still going to buy it for my personal account. If anyone wants to play in a [H] Room, let me know and we can own some people :D

Sorry, ive been away for a bit. but uhhmmmm..i have a Cafe account, so any new Valve game that comes out, i get it free :) . But im still going to buy it for my personal account. If anyone wants to play in a [H] Room, let me know and we can own some people :D

sign me up for a [H] server. i just bought this game this afternoon and played No Mercy online for a couple of hours. GOOD FUN. post back if anyone starts a [H] server.

Back