The "I Bought My Left 4 Dead Copy!!" Thread

zuppy

2[H]4U
Well i really wanted to buy this game...sadly had no cash. So i logged on to my other account, and surprisingly it had it!!! Who else bought it or had a surprise as mine? Post Your Comments here!!!

You logged onto another bank account and had the cash for the game?????
I bought it from Amazon. $31.99 shipped. It shipped today so I get it soon.

Well i really wanted to buy this game...sadly had no cash. So i logged on to my other account, and surprisingly it had it!!! Who else bought it or had a surprise as mine? Post Your Comments here!!!

hmm so how did your other steam account get this game without your buying it?

pre-loaded and counting down aswell. i cannot wait, played the demo for hours with my friends lanning it up last week.

Dude, what are you talking about?

Seems like he miraculously had the full game preloaded on his other "account"... strange? yes. Someone must have gifted it to him?!

guess so. i saw they have a 4 pack for $150...must be good luck for him. :p

i pre-ordered it so i can't wait to play something other than the demo levels for once.

Not sure on the exact level count, but they say theres 20 maps and four 'movies' to play through.

4 movies and I believe 5 chapters per movie.

I decided to pre-load this game, not sure why. I definitely enjoy it, but I don't have that many people to play the full 4-player co-op with. I'm sure it'll be fun though. Eagerly awaiting the full game tonight.

Just was talking to my friend about this game. He is getting it for the 360 and im getting it for the PC. You cant crossplay this game online can you?

Don't think so, Lazy_Moron, otherwise it probably would've had Games for Windows LIVE support.

Got mine loaded and ready to go.

I bought it, but the last part for my new pc should come tomorrow, so I'm going to wait until that is built to actually play it.

Just came home from work. Seems mine is at 100% already :D

Just purchased.

just read through my games tab...

I have to reinstall.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

locked in at 100kb/sec ftl

I have the demo sitting saying Pre-Load Complete, but when I go to open it I need to purchase. Whereas the version which is the full one is sitting not installed. :eek:

I preloaded when I got off work, was finished in an hour :p

Still decrypting files, at 95% now :)

[Edit]
Its done decrypting, update went fast at 700kbps! Now its done, Im going to play! See you guys in there!

so this game comes out tomorrow or it ships tomorrow but it wont be available till wednesday ? (hard copy)

seems like it...man what an intense game. i can't believe i played for 90 min...

I'm disappointed that they pulled the demo... I wanted to try this before I plunked down the cash. I'm wary of the game since it requires some degree of cooperation from random people on the internet to enjoy it... I never enjoyed using Vent in WoW or anything like that, so I'm not sure this game is for me.

I'm disappointed that they pulled the demo... I wanted to try this before I plunked down the cash. I'm wary of the game since it requires some degree of cooperation from random people on the internet to enjoy it... I never enjoyed using Vent in WoW or anything like that, so I'm not sure this game is for me.

it doesn't take a whole lot of voice comm...at least for the survivors. they just need to stick together. its just the ppl who think they're bad ass and can take on a few hordes which i actually managed to do today. wouldn't have been able to do it without the melee function. love shoving then a shotgun blast to the chest :)

after playing the demo, it seems like this game has the potential to get old very quickly.

i mean yea, the demo was cool and all, but even after playing the demo for about 4 hours with 4 friends on different difficulties and then fuckin around with the console, it just doesn't seem like this game is really worth $50. Its intense, fast paced, cool, but im worried about the lack of levels, and once you play through them all, what the hell else is there to do?

ill admit i dont know a damn thing about versus mode, maybe that'll add a lot of replayability? i dunno, im not sure whether or not im going to buy once i get home this morning. anybody have any opinion to support or refute my own?

after playing the demo, it seems like this game has the potential to get old very quickly.

i mean yea, the demo was cool and all, but even after playing the demo for about 4 hours with 4 friends on different difficulties and then fuckin around with the console, it just doesn't seem like this game is really worth $50. Its intense, fast paced, cool, but im worried about the lack of levels, and once you play through them all, what the hell else is there to do?

ill admit i dont know a damn thing about versus mode, maybe that'll add a lot of replayability? i dunno, im not sure whether or not im going to buy once i get home this morning. anybody have any opinion to support or refute my own?

I'm sure its replay will be fine. I mean how can people play de_dust 5,000,000,000 times without getting sick of it? Have you ever played zombie mod? If you have, you'll understand that I mean this game should be a better version of zombie source.

I beat the first movie No Mercy with 3 other guys tonight on Advanced. Took just under 3 hours. Had to replay the last level about 4 times before we got it right. Cool thing was, all the items were in a different spot each time, sometimes was missing some gas tanks or propane tanks. Fun stuff. Cant wait for the next 3 movies!

agreed, however de_dust offered the option to replay the level differently everytime. different guns, different strategy, t's vs ct's. im not trying to say there was a massive change to the game based on what guns you purchased at the beginning of the round, but killing people was far more satisfying than any kind of PvE has ever been for me.

for example, killing bots on cs servers? hella lame. those servers always sucked. i played cs since v6.1 all the way through up to 1.6 and then followed source a bit. never once did i ever enjoy kiling bots on any cs/hl server.

maybe if someone mods it so that you can become a zombie and constantly try to kill the survivors, or something like that.

i guess the mod community will make this game a lot more fun once people start tinkering with the kits.

agreed, however de_dust offered the option to replay the level differently everytime. different guns, different strategy, t's vs ct's. im not trying to say there was a massive change to the game based on what guns you purchased at the beginning of the round, but killing people was far more satisfying than any kind of PvE has ever been for me.

for example, killing bots on cs servers? hella lame. those servers always sucked. i played cs since v6.1 all the way through up to 1.6 and then followed source a bit. never once did i ever enjoy kiling bots on any cs/hl server.

maybe if someone mods it so that you can become a zombie and constantly try to kill the survivors, or something like that.

i guess the mod community will make this game a lot more fun once people start tinkering with the kits.

versus mode allows you to play as zombies give it a whirl ;) i mean seriously if you can't like this game i don't know what to say to you lol i just spent 3 hours of my life playing that game and i would play that whole level over and over again its so much fun its hard to explain but the game is just so much fun.

Back