The highly rated HP Pavilion Slimline PC thread

There were in fact some mini-ITX 775 M/Bs that will fit and without the P4 connector requirement. But most of them have no HDMI. Yours included. I wanted one with HDMI yet I don't want to use the only (mini-ITX) expansion slot for GPU. I simply don't want discrete GPU card.

But if you don't need HDMI, the price actually seems quite attractive as you can reuse your RAM and CPU. And the Intel C2D is actually quite a bit faster than E-350 on non-video application. The GMA4500 is powerful enough for MPEG-2 (ATSC) decoding. But it will choke with high bit-rate H.264, such as the ones from camcorder/digital camcorder/blu-ray rips.

If the mITX board is that cheap back then, I might consider it. What I did was buying a cheap case w/ P/S + mATX M/B for $100 and essentially splitting my s3000 into two HDMI PCs. You can see my other build here:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1531460

There were in fact some mini-ITX 775 M/Bs that will fit and without the P4 connector requirement. But most of them have no HDMI. Yours included. I wanted one with HDMI yet I don't want to use the only (mini-ITX) expansion slot for GPU. I simply don't want discrete GPU card.

But if you don't need HDMI, the price actually seems quite attractive as you can reuse your RAM and CPU. And the Intel C2D is actually quite a bit faster than E-350 on non-video application. The GMA4500 is powerful enough for MPEG-2 (ATSC) decoding. But it will choke with high bit-rate H.264, such as the ones from camcorder/digital camcorder/blu-ray rips.
Yes, no HDMI and no PCI-e (to add it) by the looks of it either, scratch that idea!

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/68?vs=328 < I see what you mean re. CPU comparison

Guess I was just keen to keep the working DC2 going..I need to just let it go :(

Thanks for your help Aircool.

Actually, the one you linked does have a PCIe-x1 slot. If it was available at that price point a couple years back, I would go with it.

The E-350 is very weak in the CPU department and it shows in delayed application launch time, etc. But it does have the advantage of low power consumption (good for the stock PSU), low noise and modern day GPU. It makes a great HTPC with the slimline s3000 case.

Hey, All! Been quite busy lately and STILL dealing with the annoying audio issue.

Catalyst is the video driver for embedded HD6310 APU by AMD/ATI. If you just get the latest driver, it will likely be 12.8 or 12.10. I simply uninstall the Catalyst driver. You may try that first. If you must use the tuning provided by CCC, try installing 12.2 or 12.1 after you uninstall your existing CCC. You can find the drivers here:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

Aircool - So, should I go into the hardware manager and simply uninstall the Catalyst driver?

Chry -- yes, I LOVE the performance and speed of the E350m. I am a noob to all of this computer repair stuff and replacing the motherboard was a breeze. Small driver issues have been my main issue. (See above). I'd buy another Asrock E350m in a heartbeat.

Something just occurred to me...maybe I have everything hooked up incorrectly?

I have HDMI running from the computer to a 26" LCD TV. Does the HDMI carry the audio signal?

Or do I NEED a 3.5mm cable to carry the audio? I have BOTH plugged in right now. Just curious if I am not causing the computer confusion that way.

Gonna look for that Catalyst driver, too...

Thanks!

Thought I'd post some pics of the HP Slimline S5-1414 in case anybody finds it useful.

Specs:

2nd Gen Intel® Core™ i3-2130 processor
Features a 3MB cache and 3.4GHz processor speed.
Intel® Core™ i3 processor

Features smart 4-way processing performance for HD quality computing. Intel® HD graphics are built into Intel's smart new processors.

4GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM
For multitasking power, expandable to 8GB.

Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media; also supports DVD-RAM.

1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.

Intel® HD Graphics 2000
Feature up to 2GB video memory and up to 1541MB total available video memory as allocated by Windows 8 for lush images with intricate detail.
Multidisplay capable
Allows you to connect a second monitor for additional work space (monitors not included).

6-in-1 front-panel media reader
Supports Secure Digital, xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, MultiMediaCard, MultiMediaCard mobile, MultiMediaCard Plus and Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard formats.

2 USB 3.0 and 4 USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.

Built-in 2.4GHz single-band 1x1 high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)
Connect to the Internet without wires.

Built-in 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet LAN
For quick and easy wired Web connection.

Microsoft Windows 8 operating system preinstalled
Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.

Software package included
CyberLink PowerDVD, CyberLink PowerDirector, CyberLink PhotoDirector and more.

This is a bit above what's needed for a media center, but I wanted to play some older games on it. It doesn't have HDMI out so if you don't want to add a video card you may be better off with an alternate system.

The cover is held on with one Torx screw. The motherboard is a standard mATX which should make it easy to upgrade at some point later. The power supply uses a standard 24 pin connector. It comes with one DIMM populated.

The front comes off easily. I wanted to add a bluray drive so out with the OEM. The disk eject button is not mechanical that interacts with the DVD's front power button, it appears to use a jumper on the back of the drive. Unfortunately my bluray did not have that jumper so I made a shortcut on the desktop with this. I'm hoping with I get my Logitech remote set up the eject button will work (?).

There's about 7 7/8" from the front of the DVD to the CPU fan.

I added a video card to get HDMI out and some game performance. The power supply is 220W and hasn't had any problems.

There's about 9 3/4" before the video card hits the case fan, and about 8 1/2" before it hits the power supply cables.

With the video card in I don't get any display until windows loads. I don't believe I'd be able to get into the BIOS without plugging it back into the HD 2000 DVI. ?

Speaking of BIOS, to boot from an Acronis DVD or Linux you have to disable Secure Boot in the BIOS. Windows still loaded fine with it disabled.

The system is reasonably fast, I'm used to SSDs so the boot time isn't what I'm used to, but not what I would consider "slow".

There's a huge blue light on the front that I'll probably eventually disconnect.

Overall I really like it. It's a bit thicker when laid on its side than I'd prefer, but still thinner than a lot of media center ATX cases.

I am quite surprised the s5 slimline gives you access to all 4 PCIe slots. But lack of an HDMI port on a Core-i3 is inexcusable.

Hey, All! Been quite busy lately and STILL dealing with the annoying audio issue.

Aircool - So, should I go into the hardware manager and simply uninstall the Catalyst driver?

I just went to Control Panel, Programs. Find the ATI CCC and uninstall it (forgot it was 1 or 2). Couldn't be happier!

Haven't had that happen.

Thought I'd post some pics of the HP Slimline S5-1414 in case anybody finds it useful.

I'm actually quite surprised at the gaming performance of this thing, I expected it to be borderline unusable. Running Source games like L4D2 I'm getting min 85fps with detail settings on medium, 4XAA, 2XAF @1366x768. That's all I wanted out of this thing for as far as games go.

Do you guys think an corsair h60 would fit in this case internally if I cut a square on the side then mount the fan to it from the inside or do would a prolimatech samuel 17 be a better way to go?

I believe you could fit it inside if you use a slim profile fan. Or remove the optical drive you wouldn't have any problem.

I may give it a try. The only problem is I will have to also find a good way to cool my sapphire 7750 as well

If you have a 3XXXX machine, I doubt you can use the Prolimatech Samuel 17. The Zalman Low Profile CNPS8000B barely fits and the Prolimatech Samuel 17 is +12mm in both dimensions. Also, it doesn’t look like the Prolimatech Samuel 17 is tall enough on the underside to clear the connector and heatsink.

Prolimatech Samuel 17
(L)121mm X (W)120mm X (H)45mm (+25mm or +12mm for the fan)

Zalman Low Profile CNPS8000B
(L)108mm X (W)108mm X (H)66mm

The Corsair H60 might be a possibility but it looks like a tight fit. The “open” space over the board, with the DVD in place is about (W)140mm X (L)150mm X (H)80mm. This is very nearly the size of the radiator and fan. You might be able to split it with the radiator outside and the fan inside.

Corsair h60
(W)120mm x (L)152mm x (H)27mm( +25mm or +12mm for the fan)

You might try a building a construction paper model to see if it would fit.

I have ordered the s5-1400t and was wondering if it was possible to add an ssd minicard into the system. I am adding a Hauppauge 2250 dual tuner card and was wondering if it is possible to add in the ssd minicard and if you guys had any recommendations. Thanks in advance.

If you have a 3XXXX machine, I doubt you can use the Prolimatech Samuel 17. The Zalman Low Profile CNPS8000B barely fits and the Prolimatech Samuel 17 is +12mm in both dimensions. Also, it doesn&#8217;t look like the Prolimatech Samuel 17 is tall enough on the underside to clear the connector and heatsink.

Prolimatech Samuel 17
(L)121mm X (W)120mm X (H)45mm (+25mm or +12mm for the fan)

Zalman Low Profile CNPS8000B
(L)108mm X (W)108mm X (H)66mm

The Corsair H60 might be a possibility but it looks like a tight fit. The &#8220;open&#8221; space over the board, with the DVD in place is about (W)140mm X (L)150mm X (H)80mm. This is very nearly the size of the radiator and fan. You might be able to split it with the radiator outside and the fan inside.

Corsair h60
(W)120mm x (L)152mm x (H)27mm( +25mm or +12mm for the fan)

You might try a building a construction paper model to see if it would fit.

2ludrx0.jpg

This is what the inside of mine looks like. My goal is to remove the optical drive and hard drive tray completely since I don't use my bay and have a 2.5 SSD inside. I think this would give me enough space for an h60. I would much rather go the heatsink/fan way but I don't want to risk buying the prolimatech then it not clear my ram then can't return it.

Ok, with a half height fan, the H60 spec is (W)120mm x (L)152mm x (H)39mm. The spec for the DVD is (W)146mm×(L)200mm x (H)42mm. This means that the radiator/fan will fit into the same space as the DVD. Modding the drive caddy would give you a clean install.

I just took the bay/drive caddy out. I also took that smalls 92mm fan out. I just ordered an h100i :D, I measured it out and it seems that it will just fit even with the 25mm fans that come with it all internally. Hopefully everything works out according to plan

Well I was hoping that it would suck in alot of air to cool down my sapphire 7750. It runs pretty hot even at idle and to game on it is even worst. There not enough space to put a fan there internally and I don't want to run anything externally so I figure an h100 would be enough to cool the CPU and also bring in extra cool air as well for the case. I may put one 92mm at the top as well as a dedicated exhaust.

Happy New Year all! :)

Without cutting. You will need a SATA power splitter and, SATA to Molex and Molex to P4. It will run you $10+ and it will make a mess.
I think you can go
SPLITTER=SATA>P4 adapter instead of SPLITTER=SATA>MOLEX>P4 but still comes out similar price...

The stock PSU should have no problem driving a Core-i3.
Are you sure? This is my other option to the below. I'm keen to put a 1155 socket in there are then a low level (for that socket) CPU (eg g540 g860) in there with a view to upgrading to i3/5/7 when funds , needs (and likely wattage in a larger case) allow...

I have a HD 5450 passive GPU knocking around as well but I'm thinking that together with the above is definitely going to upset the 160W stock PSU :( Do you think the internal graphics on the CPUs I mentioned will be able to graphically match the e350 and the below to compensate for no separate GPU? I think they probably will..

Guess my reluctance with the E350 is the fact that I have this 5450 around that can prospectively compensate for the graphics deficiencies of another board given enough wattage (a big ask). e350 + HD5450 I think would be a waste of time graphically..?

I realise this is pretty specific stuation to me, let me know your expert thoughts please :)

BTW, the E350M1 works very well
I found another option on the mini-ITX integrated-CPU route that hasn't been mentioned so far (afaik):
I think these are quite new releases..built around intel's HM70 and NM70 chipsets with the integrated CPU as Celeron 847:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131933&Tpk=hm70
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128585
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138368
As you can see all at a $90 price point and around £60 in the UK. PCIe x16 (to varying powers including x16) 2-4 SATA ports. RAM varies between SODIMM and DIMM. Low power draw - Supports SATA3 , USB3 , HDMI.
Higher CPU bench than E350 (for what that's worth) and according to this: (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=143433) capable of handling media output tasks to a similar? standard also from a HTPC perspective.

There's even one with no P4 connector:
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pr...ilID=1424&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=1&LanID=0

Feel like I'm writing an advert but yes, another mini-ITX to consider as a strong alternative to the E350 I think..

Replace the Power Supply Unit (PSU)
Do you do this straight off in your guide because:
i) the PSU was broken/suspect
ii) you didn't want to use an adapter setup with the stock PSU
iii) the stock PSU didn't have enough wattage to handle the i3/other additions you were planning
?

ps. Thanks for your guide & ideas, a useful and interesting read. :)

I think you can go
SPLITTER=SATA>P4 adapter instead of SPLITTER=SATA>MOLEX>P4 but still comes out similar price...

I have not come across such a cable. But then it is definitely possible if you found one. If I were you, I will find a dead P/S and cut its P4 cord or get a cheap Molex to P4 cable and then merge it with a SATA power splitter. That way I don't have to cut the stock P/S cables.

Are you sure? This is my other option to the below. I'm keen to put a 1155 socket in there are then a low level (for that socket) CPU (eg g540 g860) in there with a view to upgrading to i3/5/7 when funds , needs (and likely wattage in a larger case) allow...

There are many people using sub-100W Pico P/S to drive Core-i3 M/Bs. So I believe it is doable. I haven't tried it with the HP P/S though.

I have a HD 5450 passive GPU knocking around as well but I'm thinking that together with the above is definitely going to upset the 160W stock PSU :( Do you think the internal graphics on the CPUs I mentioned will be able to graphically match the e350 and the below to compensate for no separate GPU? I think they probably will..

Guess my reluctance with the E350 is the fact that I have this 5450 around that can prospectively compensate for the graphics deficiencies of another board given enough wattage (a big ask). e350 + HD5450 I think would be a waste of time graphically..?

You can see the comparison between E350's HD 6310 and HD 5450 discrete GPU here.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4134/the-brazos-review-amds-e350-supplants-ion-for-miniitx/5

In the end, it depends a lot about what you want to do. E350 is fine as an HTPC. IMO, a 5450 is only good for PCs with weak IGP. Like the vanilla Slimline.

I found another option on the mini-ITX integrated-CPU route that hasn't been mentioned so far (afaik):
I think these are quite new releases..built around intel's HM70 and NM70 chipsets with the integrated CPU as Celeron 847:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131933&Tpk=hm70
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128585
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138368
As you can see all at a $90 price point and around £60 in the UK. PCIe x16 (to varying powers including x16) 2-4 SATA ports. RAM varies between SODIMM and DIMM. Low power draw - Supports SATA3 , USB3 , HDMI.
Higher CPU bench than E350 (for what that's worth) and according to this: (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=143433) capable of handling media output tasks to a similar? standard also from a HTPC perspective.

There's even one with no P4 connector:
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pr...ilID=1424&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=1&LanID=0

Feel like I'm writing an advert but yes, another mini-ITX to consider as a strong alternative to the E350 I think..

I wasn't aware of them. I wonder how they compare with cheap CPUs like G530/G540/G620? I think if you are fine with the P4 connector, they are a better choice over the slower clock rate Mobile processors. I think P4 connector is going to be the norm. It took me a while to find the ASRock E350M1. Most E350 M/B requires P4 as well.

I have not come across such a cable. But then it is definitely possible if you found one. If I were you, I will find a dead P/S and cut its P4 cord or get a cheap Molex to P4 cable and then merge it with a SATA power splitter. That way I don't have to cut the stock P/S cables.
http://www.lindy.co.uk/power-adapter-sata-power-male-to-atx-p4-motherboard-power-015m/33280.html - think again this might be new and pretty unique!
Although that is a good idea re. repurposing an old P4..

There are many people using sub-100W Pico P/S to drive Core-i3 M/Bs. So I believe it is doable. I haven't tried it with the HP P/S though.
I'm surprised by that as I know the TPD of some of those processors is usually 65Wish + hard drive and optical drive and I'd be thinking that would be close to 100..(assuming optical drive) . I'll have a further look

You can see the comparison between E350's HD 6310 and HD 5450 discrete GPU here.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4134/the-brazos-review-amds-e350-supplants-ion-for-miniitx/5

In the end, it depends a lot about what you want to do. E350 is fine as an HTPC. IMO, a 5450 is only good for PCs with weak IGP. Like the vanilla Slimline.
very useful link, thanks :) . Yes, confirms might thinking E350+5450 = pointless.

I wasn't aware of them. I wonder how they compare with cheap CPUs like G530/G540/G620? I think if you are fine with the P4 connector, they are a better choice over the slower clock rate Mobile processors. I think P4 connector is going to be the norm. It took me a while to find the ASRock E350M1. Most E350 M/B requires P4 as well.
They don't fair at all well (see below) versus those you mention in terms of cpu power but I highlighted it more as a equal if not better to the e350 (in the same way the e350 is a better alternative to an ATOM system) super low power 17W tdp CPU setup.

Although as you can see below it actually beats the stock CPU in my system! (s3514 model SL - Pentium DC E2180)

CPU BENCHMARK - I know these marks aren't the be all end all but they do offer a useful comparison...
4267 i3 3220
2875 g860
2409 g630
2307 g620
2284 g540
2238 g530

1015 Pentium E2180 (stock HP CPU)

1044 Celeron 487
827 AMD e350 (average score)
773 Atom d525

I think tbh I am happy to make the effort to include a P4 connector. Given that I share your thinking: I must go for a 1155 socket motherboard and work from there. Even with a poor CPU it has much better grunt and it also leave the system open to future upgrades/repurposing later!

Thanks for all your help Aircool :)

Do you do this straight off in your guide because:
i) the PSU was broken/suspect
ii) you didn't want to use an adapter setup with the stock PSU
iii) the stock PSU didn't have enough wattage to handle the i3/other additions you were planning
?

i) The stock PSU’s were both running to specification.
ii) Adapters are unimportant if you can get whatever connection you need.
iii) The stock PSU, per HP, does not even have enough wattage to drive an internal TV tuner. You are reduced to a paltry selection of low profile and low wattage cards. So to upgrade the Slimline to a contemporary standard, the PSU had to be upgraded.

Also, I had the PC disassembled and it would never be easier to replace the PSU. And, I wanted a flexible upgrade that would handle both HTPC and PC duties and that I could pop in a CPU or board upgrade at will.

ps. Thanks for your guide & ideas, a useful and interesting read.

Thanks for your kind words.

Will an ITX motherboard fit in the HP slim with no modding? Are the mounting spots the same as if I were to use a microatx?

Will an ITX motherboard fit in the HP slim with no modding? Are the mounting spots the same as if I were to use a microatx?

An ITX (micro, mini, nano, pico) starts at 6.7 in x 6.7 in and goes down in size. The micro-ATX is 9.6 in x 9.6 in. So, no, they won’t have the same mounting hole patterns.

The S7XXXX series (the small one) is a mini-ITX form factor, 6.7 in x 6.7 in (despite the literature calling it a micro-ATX). The S3XXXX series (the middle one) is a mini-DTX form factor, 7.5 in × 6.7 in (despite the literature calling it a mini-ITX). And the S5XXXX (the big one) is a micro-ATX form factor, 9.6 in x 9.6 in.

You have to replace mini-ITX with mini-ITX. The mini-DTX is the same mounting hole pattern as the mini-ITX , only it is wider and has two more mounting holes. The mini-DTX also has one more slot. There aren’t many mDTX’s but the mini-ITX can be used as a replacement. Replace micro-ATX with micro-ATX.

I'm surprised by that as I know the TPD of some of those processors is usually 65Wish + hard drive and optical drive and I'd be thinking that would be close to 100..(assuming optical drive) . I'll have a further look

Come to think of it. I think the builds I saw did not use any optical drive. They are usually ultra SFF builds. So keep that in mind, especially when yours is a 160W PSU instead of 180W.

Come to think of it. I think the builds I saw did not use any optical drive. They are usually ultra SFF builds. So keep that in mind, especially when yours is a 160W PSU instead of 180W.
Should be alright as the optical drive won't be near +60W. :confused: :(

I'm worried now haha

But if I have to change the PSU then I'm literally changing the entire system and realistically in that situation I'm probably better (economically & upgrade-wise) in a different (larger) case&board and the thing won't even be a slimline any more and I have betrayed the slimline thread :(

cheap CPUs like G530/G540/G620? I think if you are fine with the P4 connector, they are a better choice over the slower clock rate Mobile processors.

I guess I should also consider at this point AMD's offerings. Perhaps FM2 socket Trinity eg. A6-5400K...the greater integrated GPU performance on these compared to Intel CPUs could offset the lack of decent discrete graphics card and open up considerable low res gaming performance
check out the below vs i3 (all integrated graphics)- amazing! (esp. when you consider the A6-5400K is the same price as the G860/G630 I mentioned before and a good chunk cheaper than the i3 it's testing against....)
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a10-5800k-a8-5600k-trinity-apu,3241-11.html
But looks like maybe the AMD risk higher wattage draw argh :( altho probably still okay with the one I mentioned..

I know a lot of this tech wasn't out when you made your decision and you were also looking for a no-P4 solution but what are your thoughts here?

Guess I need to decide what I need/want from it haha! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think my slimline's PSU finally died. PSU was extremely hot and it won't boot into Windows long enough to even get on the internet. I was using it with a 4650 PCI-E card as an HTPC, ran just fine up until recently.

I have a spare 430W PSU around here but it's a standard ATX style. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to just purchase a replacement PSU for the Slimline or a new SFF case (approximately same price ~$55)

Last edited:
I guess I should also consider at this point AMD's offerings. Perhaps FM2 socket Trinity eg. A6-5400K...the greater integrated GPU performance on these compared to Intel CPUs could offset the lack of decent discrete graphics card and open up considerable low res gaming performance
check out the below vs i3 (all integrated graphics)- amazing! (esp. when you consider the A6-5400K is the same price as the G860/G630 I mentioned before and a good chunk cheaper than the i3 it's testing against....)
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a10-5800k-a8-5600k-trinity-apu,3241-11.html
But looks like maybe the AMD risk higher wattage draw argh :( altho probably still okay with the one I mentioned..

I know a lot of this tech wasn't out when you made your decision and you were also looking for a no-P4 solution but what are your thoughts here?

Guess I need to decide what I need/want from it haha! :rolleyes:

Despite my choice of the E350, I am not a big fan of AMD. With equal performance, AMD processors always take up more power and generate more heat. Which translates to higher cooling needs. But then my focus is more on HTPC front. If you want to build a gaming PC, it would make sense to look into the APU offering.

BTW, even though the G5xx/G6xx family is rated at 65W. It rarely use that much power. I guess this is why people can run it with 80W/102W Pico.

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but if you feel the urge to add anything to this you'll need a SATA power splitter. There isn't a spare and there's no molex despite the mobo having four SATA ports.

I thought the HD was slow as ass so I installed an really old 32gig SSD to see if that sped things up. It was taking about 28 seconds to get from end of POST to Metro. I removed about 20 gigs of bloatware and cloned the HD to the SSD (didn't even do a clean install) and now it boots from end of POST to metro in 4.6 seconds. I was surprised it sped things up so much, the SSD only has a sequential R/W of 130MBs/56MBs. Turns out the HD is fine, 130MB/s R/W, I just haven't used a platter drive as boot for years. If you're a person who likes to turn your HTPC completely off an old SSD works well to get this box running within family patience levels.

Also, I finally broke and installed Classic Shell. I just couldn't take it anymore. I haven't altered the Windows shell ever since Windows 3.0.

So I built myself a new rig and handed down my old rig to my wife. She was using an s3620f. It is running Windows 7 Pro and still runs great. I would like to gift it to my parents, as the computer they are running is ancient, but first I would like to put in a video card so it will output DVI or HDMI instead of just VGA. Do I have any options while running the stock PSU?

How about this card: Asus Radeon HD 6450

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back