The [H] SpiderOak Referral Thread (Think DropBox, but BETTER)

Last edited:
Used already...thanks!

Here's mine....Thanks this looks like a really good online backup service.

Last edited:
Anyone else having issues with the SpiderOak client? Clicking the "backup" tab renders the client completely unresponsive; it just hangs for extended periods of time while populating the directory structure. I find it entirely unusable in "Advanced" mode.

Anyone else having issues with the SpiderOak client? Clicking the "backup" tab renders the client completely unresponsive; it just hangs for extended periods of time while populating the directory structure. I find it entirely unusable in "Advanced" mode.

I would go into preferences and tick "Disable disk space calculations during backup selection" Maybe that is what's causing it to gum up. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion. Disabling disk space calculation helped a bit, but it's still pretty much unusable :( .

Suppose I could run backups from the command line...

Used JerrytheStampede's...here's mine:

Used...thanks.

Last edited:
Don't forget to get the extra 5 gigs of space!!

once you have it installed, right click on the notification icon on the bottom right of the screen, click on Account > CC/Billing. Once the web page opens enter the coupon "worldbackupday".
The webpage will display the 5 gig free plan, click on next and then click change.

Enjoy your extra free space!

Mine:
https://spideroak.com/download/referral/b4e5bc1d8b589a69c66bc4304230e21d

Back